“Great Value and Staff with Comfort”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
San Francisco, California
“Great Value and Staff with Comfort”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stay at the Amarano at least once a month since it was called the Graciela-many years ago.
The staff and management are very helpful and make you feel very at home every visit.
I must say that I agree with another review and say it's time to refresh the older rooms...they just opened a new wing in the last year and those rooms are beautiful and new.
I have one final comment and that is the bath towels seem to have become less absorbent lately-minor detail but I think it is time to revisit that.
I highly recommend this hotel for location, comfort and a great staff with very good prices for rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back on a high floor are nice and quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms in our new addition. We look forward to our next project of refreshing the rooms in the original wing. We are also addressing your concerns with regards to our bath towels. Look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Once again we made our 2nd visit to the wonderful Hotel Amarano and was treated from the outside valet's, front desk, restaurant & bar service with the same lovely service and attention as we did on our first stay of 5 nights.
We booked 4 nights, room was spic and span, housekeeping service immaculate. If I had one request, it would be that we had more towels! (3 bath towels is not enough for 2 people) haha, but all we had to was to request, and of course we had them.
You cannot beat the price for this quality hotel. And we are in the music business and have traveled for over 23 years on the road. I have stayed in more hotels than I have in my own home.
We'll be back, it is the only place we will stay in LA, and it's close to everything.
p.s. I do not work for this hotel nor do I have any family that is connected! hahaha

Room Tip: great little fitness room too. We like to stay on the ground floor by the pool area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and took time to post your experience. It is always a good day when we hear that one of our guests had an exceptional stay. This is one our Team Members will look forward to reading.

Seattle
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at the Amarano. The hotel employees without exception were, helpful, courteous, responsive, friendly and helpful. The hotel is charming and our room was clean and inviting. I recommend this little hotel to anyone who is looking for a get-away.

Room Tip: Request a room in the new wing facing the pool courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I will share your comments with our Team Members. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed here more than a few times over the past decade, but not recently in the past few years. The rooms really could use a fresh coat of paint and most certainly more than "surface cleaning". The light switches are filthy with caked dirt in the crevices, the kitchenette is dirty, base molding dusty, etc. Looks like the maids smear a little glass cleaner around and what's left is left. Juanita (maid service) is delightful.

Ordered a power breakfast for room service which is high protein and comes with a chicken breast. Make that a dry, microwaved and then grilled chicken breast which was 1/3 unedible.

I would not choose to stay here again unless I heard it was much improved. For the price - a lousy value.

1 Thank SaschaMom
Thank you for your review, along with my deepest apologies for your experience on your last stay with us. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations based on your experience in the past.

I have addressed these issues with the appropriate departments and can assure you that if you give us another opportunity, your stay will be one that will exceed your expectations. Please call me direct when your planning your next trip to the LA area so that I may assist with your next reservation. Again, my sincere apologies.

818-260-4750
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

most delightful stay with studios like warner bros and nbc a short walk!! outstanding service and lovely pool and spa with delightful rooms and so comfortable...could not ask for more with fiendly staff from the bar and restaurant to housekeeping ...and the front desk was so helpful....just a wonderfully magnificent stay!!!

Room Tip: request a room overlooking pool and spa with lovely terrace!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank johnnieM_13
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We want to thank you for your review. All of us at the Hotel Amarano are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and took time out of your busy day to write this review. It is always nice to hear when we deliver superior service and guest satisfaction. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Burbank.

San Diego, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My room, in the new wing, was very nice. It was spacious, nicely furnished, colorful, and comfortable. The shower was spacious and very clean. The gym is small, but very nice. There is also a pool and hot tub. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. And there is a fantastic breakfast place right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time to critique your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the LA area.

Hidden Hills, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night. It seemed like the room wasn't inspected well by maintenance. The TV didn't work, the drain for the shower was clogged and wouldn't drain. And the lightbulb for the shower was not operating properly, it came on and went off, giving my shower a 1970's disco light effect. I've stayed at this location a few times, but this was the only time where there were issues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear that you have stayed with us before. I want to apologize for the maintenance issues. We have addressed your concerns with our Chief Engineer.

The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction but unfortunately, that was not the case during your stay and we sincerely apologize for that.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#113 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!