“Nice Hotel - inconsistent”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My experience echos some of the previous reviews. The room was adequate, the bathroom seemed a bit outdated. After the first housekeeping pass, only half the towels were exchanged. Towels on the floor usually mean "please replace" - heap was left on the floor. We made coffee in our room, and only noticed the next morning that clean mugs and coffee supplies were not replaced. I wish there was some "truth in hotel room costs" where the various fees are clearly displayed as part of the rate. I know no one does that, but it would be nice.

The hold on my credit card was for over $250 more than the final cost of my room. Not sure why the hold is so high.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department. Not enough towels and not replacing coffee mugs are not our standard. It is a common practice for hotels to establish credit by putting a certain amount on hold to account for incidental charges during your stay. We ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed at several hotels in Burbank, including the Tangerine. The Amarano is head and shoulders above the rest however it is way more expensive and parking is outrageous and must be valet. I always come back here. Great rooms, clean with great TV, excellent quality room service and a lovely new swimming pool/hot tub. The restaurant has great food and cocktails. The staff very helpful. I've never had a problem here. I love the proximity to great restaurants like Gindi Thai, Sushi Yuzu. Across the street in the strip mall is Emon Sushi which is also good. Stroll through Dana Drugstore for any unique cosmetic/personal needs. The Nail Garden also great! Vons is a high end grocery store. I buy water and cereal there! The only knock I have is the low strength Wifi and poor cell phone connectivity, somI sit buy the pool for a better connection--cocktail in hand of course!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gee557
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know, the Hotel Amarano is the only 4-star boutique hotel in the San Fernando Valley. Our parking rates are the lowest in the LA area. Due to our location in a residential neighborhood and limited parking, our Valet service provides easy access to and from your car.

My apologies for your experience with our wi-fi. We do have high speed fiber optic and your connection should not have been an issue. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your reservation on your next trip to the LA area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great location, nice and private, a great get away!! Very peaceful and everyone was very nice!! Just overall a great place to stay!! They have great in room dining service that tastes wonderful!! One downside is parking which is 32 dollars and everything at the place adds tax even on parking which I thought was ridiculous but its all worth it!! You could also park on the street if you have to!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a 3 night stay. Overall, satisfactory, but nothing really seemed to justify the price. Cost of valet parking was exhorbitant, so we parked on the street with no issues at all. Very nice largely residential neighborhood. Restaurants and stores just across the street. Very convenient. Room was clean, but there was only one coffee mug and only three bath towels that were almost thread bare - little absorption. The hotel should invest in good bath towels and provide guests with more than only one extra. We requested extras, but never received them. Complimentary shower gel provided did not sufficiently lather so we requested additional bars of hand soap (only one small bar was provided), which we received promptly. Utensils provided inadequate. As I recall there was one spoon, no forks, no knives. Mattress uncomfortable - way too soft. Don't think we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the front side of hotel over the patio area off the bar. Voices in conversation...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Our apologies for your experience during your stay at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on superior guest satisfaction and service but unfortunately, that was not your experience and we are truly sorry for that.

We would hope you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service our guests have come accustomed to. Please contact me when making your next reservation.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I visit family in Burbank I always feel like I'm coming home both because being with family is like coming home and returning to the Hotel Amarano Burbank is like coming back to my Home Away From Home. I love your hotel because it's very convenient, 2-3 blocks from where my family lives, but more importantly, because it's warm and welcoming, and so very pretty, it's clean, friendly, caring, safe, and loving, just like family.

Two things that are a little annoying (just like families have some annoying habits) are the lack of even a cereal bowl in the kitchen - I ate mine out of the coffee cup - and the faucets in both the bathroom and the kitchen (in the older wing) that splash all over everything. Other than those little annoyances, the accommodations are wonderful and I so look forward to coming "home" again and again.....Thank you.

Gail B.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went to Burbank for business. I wanted a nice cozy place that was prestigious, yet hip, clean, comfortable, safe & close to where I needed to be... Hotel Amarano was perfect. It more than met my expectations. The staff was friendly, helpful and available. Room Service delivery was fast & friendly, (a bit spicy for my taste but I'm sure others would love the spice). Thank you Hotel Amarano for making me feel welcome and safe...

Room Tip: having the balcony was nice but I'm not sure I would pay extra for it again... depends on my moo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we were travelling with our 2 year old and wanted a one bedroom suite with a kitchen. Upon arrival we found the room to be a good size for LA, however the kitchen was very poorly stocked so we had to request more utensils etc but only received plates. This basically meant the kitchen was pointless as we could not cook anything.

The location was ideal if you want a quiet location away from LA although not far outside LA given the traffic it does take a long time to get anyway.

Finally we were disappointed by the lack of front desk and valet staff, on our final day we waited so long for someone to help with our bags my husband made 3 trips himself and still no one came to help.

I would recommend this hotel if you want a large room and quiet location but we would return to the Sofitel where we usually stay in future.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank
The Garland
#14 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!