“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Picked this as a last resort as all the bigger chains were booked up. Very nice surprise. I would recommend this to anyone. Sure the pool is at the hotel next door, a bit from "town" but not a big deal. Friendly, clean, quiet and spacious for the 2 of us plus 2 grand kids.

Stayed June 2014
CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2015
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are happy to hear you and your grand kids enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here if you wish to get a good nights sleep. The acoustics are horrible and they have a bar on the bottom floor that stays open late on weeknights? Staying here on business and very unimpressed with the way they treat their guests that value sleep. I have called and complained twice and nothing changed. I requested a different room but was told they are booked. This is miserable.

Stayed June 2014
CoastAnabelleHotel, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the issue with the noise you encountered during your stay and will be looking into this immediately. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance and we want to be sure that they are taken care of throughout their stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Beloit, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our visit to the the Coast Anabelle was very enjoyable. Having never been to southern California it proved to be a friendly little oasis in a busy area. We appreciated the nice sized parking lot. It is very close to lots of great restaurants and entertainment venues. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice and served wonderful food. I would absolutely tell friends about this hotel. We will definitely be staying here during our visits to see our family that recently moved to the Burbank area.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room and had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

1 Thank Cynthia53511
Thank you for your kind remarks! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel exceeded all my expectations. The front desk ladies were very kind and helpful. Our room was ready even though we arrived before check-in time. The room was very spacious and clean the shower was huge and the beds were very comfortable. The shuttle driver was friendly and helpful. The second floor balcony was a big plus. Anyone staying in the Burbank area should make a point to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacinta D
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the amenities your room and our hotel had to offer. we look forward to welcoming you to Burbank in the future!
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The staff was phenomenal; very helpful and kind, and even knew me by name the 2nd day. The rooms were spacious and clean. My only concern with this hotel is that it's kinda loud. The lounge is right by the front desk and it's a courtyard-type hotel so basically just below all the rooms. No only could I hear the lounge goers late into the night, but then I had neighbors who were loud. Tough to sleep like that. I wish my review could be better because the staff really is great!

Oh and the swimming pool is NOT at this facility, it's at a hotel on the next block... and the shuttle only transports to/from Bob Hope Airport, not LAX.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the center courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the noise level and will certainly look into this. It is our goal to ensure every guest is completely satisfied with their stay from the moment they check-in until their departure. Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our guests service. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

A small, friendly hotel. My room was several steps behind the front desk, the bar and the restaurant...but never noticed any noise. Very comfortable bed and extremely well arranged room. I will be returning there in 2 weeks and they agreed to keep one of my bags for me in storage to save airline baggage fee and hassle. The food in the restaurant is delicious...the breakfasts huge. They have no pool but share with their sister hotel across the street. No hot tub. The hours of the laundry (also at sister hotel) are very limited to avoid noise issues with adjoining rooms and much more expensive than the laundry across the street. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The 2 dispensers of different flavored iced teas/waters at the front desk was always nice at the end of the day. The 3/4 mile walk to Providence St. Joseph made getting back and forth to work a joy.

Room Tip: Right behind the desk very convenient. At check in they said that if I had any noise issues they wo...
Green Features: They do what they say...if you hang the towel up they don't replace it...they only change sheets when you leave the card on the bed requesting it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2015
Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in November while on a business trip. I’ve been here at least twice before so it was nice to come back to a hotel where you know your way around. .
It has kind of a 1950’s vibe going for it- the room has low ceilings and there’s a lot of “blond” furniture and woodwork- but somehow it all works. The bathroom was decent, the bed, bedding and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well. There was an extra sitting room with a TV along with the normal desk and TV area in the bedroom.
The hotel has a nice bar with a great bartender [I wish I remembered his name- Dennis?] who made a having a drink at the bar quite fun. I also ate at the restaurant the first night in- I hadn’t eaten during my trip from Wisconsin and I was starving. The restaurant was about to close but the waitress was wonderful- even though I was the only one in the restaurant. I had breakfast there also- good and very convenient. The service at check-in and check-out was good and there was ample parking. The rate was $189.00 per night plus tax.
I recommend the Coast Anabelle Hotel. I find it very comfortable and at a decent [LA] price and will continue staying here whenever business takes me to Burbank.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DonnieOshkosh
Thank you for your kind remarks. Unfortunately, the description and photos in your review are not of our hotel. We do appreciate the comments regarding Dennis, the bartender as well as the server in the restaurant and will be sure to forward this to our Food & Beverage Manager. Our goal is to ensure the happiness of every guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Safari Inn
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#12 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 stars 2,490 reviews

Been to Coast Anabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!