Coast Anabelle Hotel
    Hotel Amarano Burbank(Burbank)
    • Restaurant
    • Room Service
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsrain showeruniversal studioshuge showersafari innhotel barsister propertyrecommend this hotelthe shuttle drivernice hoteleasy parkinga great place to staytheme parkacross the streetroom was clean and comfortableloved this hotelfree shuttle servicefree parking
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 23, 2013

While spending 4 days here at the beginning of August I enjoyed my room and the location, however the internet left MUCH to be desired. It worked for about 5 minutes per day in my room and after calling to the front desk about it 3 times I finally spoke to the manager at the front before I walked down to Starbucks to use their mediocre internet.

While talking with him I pulled out my computer at the front desk and low and behold the internet worked there. The manager then asked me if I had tried using the internet in my room with the door open. In my opinion that is a very ignorant question. Why would I have any desire to leave my hotel door open while I'm in my room just to use the internet? The internet never got better during my stay, however

I have been told that they just revamped the entire system and upgraded their line into the building.

We will see what the next stay holds for us in that department.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
    CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We would first like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our internet service. We are currently in the process of upgrading our system to improve speed and connectivity for our guests. Our hope is that on your future stay, the internet will be up to your standards. Thank you once more for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had an absolutely hassle free experience with Coast Annabelle. The rooms were neat, clean and had the essentials for a short stay traveller. For those driving around I would recommend this place. Its not very far from Universal Studios and Hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
    Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
    CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is extremely gratifying to hear such kind remarks from a guest regarding their stay. We strive to be the best at all that we do and are happy to hear you were satisfied with your overall stay. Thank you once more for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Congratulations to the Coast for their efforts in making this property a treat to stay at. From the greeting at the front desk to the newly renovated room to the bar tender to Luc in the restaurant and his dinner suggestions - it was a treat to stay there. A treasure that is hidden is the deck off the second floor - a nice place to lay back for a bit to unwind.

The only draw back is that Olive Avenue seems to be a main route for emergency vehicles and would recommend a room on the backside of the building Overall this was a great experience and would recommend staying there as we will be doing again hopefully in February.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Barbara S
    CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks! We truly appreciate your feedback and are extremely thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. The happiness of each and every guest is of the utmost importance and we strive to ensure this in every aspect of their stay. We thank you once more for the compliments and will be sure to pass them along. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I chose this hotel without really going into too much research other than it was pretty reasonably priced although annoyed that the room rate couldn't include breakfast. It was close to Universal and downtown LA. We were thrilled to learn that the hotel had just had a major renovation and we were not disappointed. Our room was huge! The bathroom was amazing with a walk-in wet room shower with jets. The beds were SO comfortable. We ate both nights in the Olive's Bistro as it was easier than heading out after long busy days to try and find somewhere to go. Leanne was our waitress the first night (writing a book and studied Musical Theatre) and Luke our waiter the second night (wardrobe stylist/designer). They were both very attentive, interesting and really added to our enjoyment of both meals. The food was reasonably priced and of a good standard. The hotel has a swimming pool which is situated opposite at the sister hotel - The Safari Inn - a throwback to the 70's! Pool was right by the busy Olive Avenue - a little weird at first but once you got used to it, was ok. Heated and clean with sun loungers. Perfect! Staff were helpful. We booked Universal tickets with the Front Desk. No problems encountered.

Room Tip: We were in Room 350. Top floor overlooking a sun terrace. One King bed, a sofa bed and a rollaway bed for the 5 of us. $10 additional charge for the rollaway bed which I thought was a bit mean of them to add on especially as we had stated we were 5 when booking.
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
    CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks! We value the feedback received from guests as this allows us to make improvements when necessary. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms. We are located in a safe neighborhood and within minutes of many attractions making it desirable for guests to stay with us. Thank you once more for all your comments regarding our staff and the overall stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Coast Annabelle has a convenient location to most things that you would want to do in Burbank. I see from comments posted by the hotel in response to other reviews that they are conducting renovations of the guest rooms. Had we not gotten a reduced rate because we were attending a wedding, I would have been upset having paid the regular rate for what I found to be a dated room. Our room, was, however, clean and quiet. We were not at all impressed by Olive restaurant, located in the hotel, which I will post a separate review on. The little hotel bar, on the other hand, is great in the evening if Luke is bar tending. We had great fun in that little bar and that is what made our stay great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
    CoastAnabelle, Front Office Manager at Coast Anabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay. The renovations we are currently undergoing are well underway and will modernize all of our guest rooms with the highlight being the large glass enclosed shower. On another note, we are glad to know that Luke made such an impression on you and made your stay enjoyable. Thank you once more for your feedback. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.