“When you're on LA for work...”

Coast Anabelle Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“When you're on LA for work...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

The Anabelle is great if you're visiting LA for work or vacation. They have a great bar and restaurant in the hotel called Olive's Bistro for those late night dinners after a long days work. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the perfect size.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Let me start by saying that I have stayed in some great hotels, and some really bad hostel/hotels, but this ranks as one of the worst ever. And I read the TA reviews before booking! How this hotel is reviewed so well is a mystery to me, and it seems as though some people have honestly reviewed it since we booked the hotel, but as soon as we walked in I thought it must have been the wrong hotel. Unfortunately Hotel Amarano was way over budget for this trip, but this one was well reviewed, and even though it was still over budget, it looked clean and safe. Walking in though, I was smacked in the face with the stench of cigarette smoke, even though there are large signs everywhere touting the fact that it's a non-smoking property. It felt like we had walked back into the mid-80s. EVERYTHING was mauve and brass. I mean everything: the curtains, the carpet, the bathroom fixtures, the wallpaper! But I can handle outdated furniture if it's clean, and it wasn't. This is the first hotel where I was actually compelled to check for bed bugs. It was that dirty and slimy. My co-worker and I were starving when we got there and decided to go to the restaurant on site. It was a football night so we sat in the bar to watch the game. The bartender came over and started off by saying "Can I pour you some booze?" when we asked for water and dinner menus he said "Sure! I am a bad waiter, but I'm a great bartender." Um...at least he was honest? We ordered some wings, which were pretty good. We both ordered salads for dinner. Mine should have had grilled chicken and what I got was a super thin breaded chicken that was RAW. How is chicken that is no more than half an inch thick undercooked? My co-worker's salad had some of the slimiest looking beef I think I have ever seen. We didn't eat them. As we were watching the game the guy next to us, who we originally assumed to be drunk but turns out wasn't drinking, began to harass my co-worker and talk about how comfortable the beds are. Not because he stays there, but because he's "partied" there before. When we decided it was time to cut out quick he told us we should stay up and "party" with him and said he knew where my co-worker's room was. Freaky! We left and decided to check out the fitness "center"...which is not actually a part of this hotel as advertised, but a part of the scary looking motel across the street. We walked in and it was a closet sized room with no windows and a big sign on the inside saying "please don't smoke in the fitness center." I don't know much about Burbank, but if this is the kind of hotel $180 gets you, then I think I need to start sharing a room with co-workers and staying at Amarano or one of the chains that will at least be clean. It didn't feel safe or clean and some of the other people there were frightening.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank aknoble
San Bernardino, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

we cose this place because it was conviently located to the hospital in hollywood. we had to get to the hospital at 5 am the next day so we had to get a few hours sleep. my boyfriend was having open heart surgery the next day but there was no way we could sleep. they put us in a room next to the bar and they were so loud all night til they closed. i asked the desk clerk to please have them quiet down we need some rest. she didnt do a thing. we should have slept in our car we would have gotten some sleep. no body cares over there even the employees were making lodu noises after midnight. i told the new desk clerk in the am what happen and he looked so stupid at me like i was crazy. i dont even rate this hotel. they refuse to give me my money back. this is an old hotel that needs alot of work. 142.00 is what we paid and i could have slept at the hospital that night so i could already be there and could have got more sleep there. i Do not reccomend this place to anyone. good luck if you stay there the bar crowd is regulars and they arent even spending the night there so they could care less how much noise they make...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else please..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle o
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

This place was such a pleasant surprise. I had no idea how nice it would be for such a low price. Everything was clean and the staff was great.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

First off the bat the employees were great and friendly. Rooms were clean and quiet. Easy check in and check out

• Stayed September 2011
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

I used to stay at a terrible hotel a few blocks away when work would send me to Burbank. They gave Anabelle a try and I requested never to be booked anywhere else again. Friendliest staff and great service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

What a beautiful hotel... the rooms are HUGE and so clean. I loved the staff... one evening we spent at the bar and the restaraunt which was amazing. Great drinks and great food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Safari Inn
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#10 of 349 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,884 reviews

Been to Coast Anabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!