“I didn't like my salad but...”

The Smoke House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Smoke House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 426 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barham
Description: Are you looking for a casual, family-style restaurant with a friendly star-studded atmosphere? Look no further than SMOKEHOUSE RESTAURANT. While you're here, you can enjoy dining at its best, as well as being treated like a star. You will love our American and Continental Cuisine that includes prime rib, aged steaks, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood, daily chef specials and many more. We also offer an award winning Sunday brunch that includes a carving station, fresh seafood and salad station, dessert station, pasta station and much more.
Glendale, California
“I didn't like my salad but...”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is a moderate to expensive place with a great reputation over the years. Everyone in my party loved the place. I didn't like my salad, menu didn't seem special although my friends said steaks and fish were great.

CA
“always consistant and the best prime rib and caesar salad in burbank”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

even thru new ownership in the past two years they've strived to keep the quality of over 40 years the same, the smokehouse is still the only place in burbank to get great prime rib, salads,chicken,more and their famous cheese toast and very delicious martinis..it always welcoming low lit, cozy and the prices quite affordable for the quality of food they serve..

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank lovehotelsCa
Fantasy Island
“big portions, but noth worth the money . . .”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Our party of 4 dined here yesterday for lunch. I had the Ruben, which was just ok. my husband had the blackened chicken & avocado sandwich, which was pretty good. The other two members of our group had the "tender tri-tip sandwich" which was not tender at all. The meat was chewey and very hard to digest. We told the waiter when he asked how everything was and he just walked away = very frustrating. We spent over $84 for our lunch and feel like we were ripped off. This restaurant is wayyyy overrated. Spend your money elsewhere. We wil not be returning nor reccommending this place.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank onikkio
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“65 and Going Strong”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

By chance went to this Burbank institution and was pleasantly surprised. The service was great and the atmosphere was old school Hollywood. This restaurant sits right across the street from WB studios and you will almost always see someone in the "business". They claim their garlic bread the best in the world. After the first piece I was slightly skeptical, but 4 pieces later I was convinced. I went for the "Smokehouse" cut prime rib, it was well priced and extremely tasty. A side of au gratin potatoes and mushrooms completed a perfect meal.
It's a huge place, so we just walked in without reservations on a Thursday night. If you are taking your honey they have lots of circular leather booths, so you can cozy up nicely. Great place.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Gary R
Fortaleza, CE
“An old fashioned upscale restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The Smoke House is a throwback to a bygone era. It opened in 1946 and I don't know if it's changed a lot since. I imagine stars, producers and others from the Warner Brothers studios across the street dined here, in basically the same surroundings 50 years and more ago. I dined here with my parents when I was growing up back about that time. The food is good, the portions generous, the prices reasonable (especially if you go before 6 p.m. when you get something like 20% off). You can best appreciate the history, and also see if the restaurant suits your tastes, by looking at the Web site at http://www.smokehouse1946.com/, My steak was excellent. My wife had fish. Since we had gorged on the excellent cheese bread beforehand, we had no room for dessert.

Parking is valet only.