“Very good no frills Italian & reasonable price”
Review of CiaoCristina!

CiaoCristina!
Reserve with OpenTable
CiaoCristina! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 451 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An Italian / European atmosphere Bar and Restaurant in the heart of the Burbank Media District. We feature Authentic Northern Italian cuisine including many Vegan and Gluten-Free specialties.We have a full bar with a large selection of fairly priced wines and an extensive selection of Craft Beer with 22 styles on tap. Located on the corner of Toluca Lake Ave and West Olive Ave. directly across from Warner Brothers Studios Gate 2 and The Ellen Show Studio. Free parking on the street as well as the 2 lots behind the restaurant.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ate here after The Ellen Show. Good soft breadsticks with olive oil & balsamic. Wine list very reasonable. Had bottle of Sangiovese for $19.00 and it was tasty!
3 out of 5 dinners were excellent! 2 ordered lasagna bolognaise which was super as was eggplant Parmigiano.
Chicken with Marsala & mushrooms came cold & when reheated got rubbery.
Penne with garlic , olive oil & red pepper- bland.
Servers were super , but kitchen was very slow. Came out to apologize. Gave my sister a comp dessert (choc cake )for bday , very rich & yummy.
Would go back- be careful what you order- look at past reviews. r

2  Thank Kerryloves2travel
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Cara Kerry,

Mille Grazie! for chooseing us during your Ellen visit.

As you can see we can become very busy prior to the taping, however there was NO excuse for your cold chicken Marsala! As to the pasta the server should have asked you on the degree of spiciness you desired.

If you would be so kind and send me the date, time and description of your server I would like to investigate this further. You can contact me directly at admin@ciaocristina.com

Hope you had fun at Ellen and thank you for the time you took to write this review. I cannot not be there always and the feedback is invaluable.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We waited 40 minutes for a pizza, with a disabled person. They had lied on our status request and not even started cooking it. The manager was rude and yelled when I complained. Terrible service and management. We had to leave without eating.

Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We were hoping that you would respond to Cristina's Yelp message. I can see you were really angry.

We did mess up and it was mostly our fault. The kitchen made you a Quatro Formaggio by mistake. When you complained he did not handle it well. When he passed you to the bartender, who is the shift lead, not only did the bartender did not know what your issue was. The bartender, at the time, was dealing with a suprise inspection by the LA Health Department and was to say the least overwhelmed, as we were so busy. When the Inspector arrives we must accompany them during the inspection. Though we have a consistanly high score, anything can happen.

Often one inspector will focus on one issue, another will focus on something else. On the day you were there she "found something" that had been inspecteed and approved by other inspectors on over 15 inspections in addition to the major inspection before we could get our certificate. She was threatening to close down the bar. The problem was the direction of a beer drain.

As Cristina, who was also born in Italy, said we are not perfect and I do apologize for your experience. If you will contact me directly at allan@ciaocristina.com I will try to make it up to you.

Allan

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have been here as a couple, and also separately for business lunches. Each time this place doesn't disappoint. The lunch service is perfect. My favorite is the amazing calamari and one of their salads. I've also had fresh fish and pasta that leaves me wanting more. Ciao Cristina is one of those places I'm always happy to enjoy. I'm impressed by the friendly service and the fair pricing. If your looking for a new place to try and enjoy authentic italian, this is your place. Bon Appetite!

Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Caro WLT,

How very nice of you to be one of our regulars! Without people like you it would be difficult for us to continue offering our food at a good price.

We hope you will come in when my husband Allan is there and introduce yourselve(s).

Mille Grazie,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to the Jay Leno show, and then were looking for someplace close by to eat. So I pulled out my phone and launched Trip Advisor. This place came up as the highest rated close by. The menu looked good so we went.

We started with drinks and calamari, which were both good. Maybe a bit too much salt in the calamari batter, but the sauce it was served with was very tasty. The house chianti was good and very inexpensive.

I had the eggplant parm, which was the best I think I have had ever. My wife had the Frutti di Mare which was also excellent.

We spoke to the owner some, and it turns out he is originally from Boston, as are we. His wife is from Italy, and she runs the kitchen and it shows :-)

2  Thank Quincy56

Caro Quincy,

Mille Grazie!!!! How nice of you to visit us and then write such a kind review!

I love the North End in Boston and my husband is a "wicked pissa"...LOL

We will miss Jay...he liked my chicken dishes..........

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family was back in the Valley visiting family during the holidays when we found CiaoCristina! We enjoyed eating here for dinner so much that we returned for Sunday brunch a few days later.

It is a cosy neighborhood Italian restaurant with a wide variety of offerings. We had a group of 6 for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal and the desserts were delicious too (gelato is available along with a flourless chocolate cake---my favorite). Brunch was also very good --- I had an Egg Benedict dish which came with breakfast potatoes, and fresh fruit. What a wonderful neighborhood eating establishment with excellent service!

Located on W Olive just south of Pass Ave. Parking is available on the side street with limited parking behind the restaurant and after hours at the Bank of America across the street.

1  Thank demTravels
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Cara Cagirl,

Mille Grazie! How sweet of you to write such a nice review. We just started the Sat & Sun Brunch recently and really appreciate the feedback.

Hopefully your family was here long enough to miss the cold back east. Hope to see you again soon.

Cristina

Been to CiaoCristina!? Share your experiences!