“Clean, comfy and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Tangerine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 W Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91505   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Burbank
Birmingham
“Clean, comfy and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

What I loved most: convenient to Burbank Airport, clean rooms (decorated super funky), great food within walking distance - oh, and free espresso/cappuccino machine in the lobby :) What may be difficult for some but was not an issue for use: No elevators (it's only 2 stories, but dragging suitcases up a flight of concrete steps is difficult and/or a hassle for some people), minimal parking (if you get lucky enough to get a spot, don't drive anywhere for dinner - you could be out of luck when you return) and a small pool (but nice and clean - just be willing to share). My daughter and I loved it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Reserved a room last minute with my parents. Luckily there was one more room available during the 4th of July weekend. The price of the hotel room per night was what I had expected considering it was reserved on the same day of our arrival.

Upon arrival I noticed the parking in the front was very limited. There were 4-6 parking spaces, which were all occupied (even the handicap spaces). I had to drop off my parents and the luggages so they can go ahead and check-in while I find parking elsewhere. Going around the hotel I discovered there was parking available behind the hotel itself. So that was a relief.

Check-in was smooth. The receptionist was busy on the phone with another customer but she was courteous enough to make eye contact and to tell us to please hold and she'll get to us (with a smile). Good customer service there. We were hoping we would get a first floor room as my mom has difficulty going up/down the stairs. Unfortunately, they did not have two beds available on the first floor. So we ended up with a room on the second floor.

The room itself was decent. It had all the amenities we needed including a coffee maker and a mini-fridge. The TV had a lot of stations, which I really liked. The A/C was somewhat weak. It was a scorching day in Burbank and the A/C set at 61 degrees still felt a bit humid/hot inside the room. But it was still tolerable. At night I slept with no blankets on me. The bed itself was comfortable and the lighting was adequate. It was a pleasant and quiet room so that was a huge plus. For breakfast, they did provide coffee/tea and Porto's pastries, so that's another plus.

To me, there were two things lacking about the hotel. First, the parking. We went out for dinner one night and upon returning there were no parking spots available. Luckily, I was able to fit at a narrow space between another car and a garbage can. We had a small economy car. The second thing I was not too crazy about was that there were no elevators. My mom had difficulty climbing 15 steps and she had to climb the steps at a slow pace. The hotel is not really handicap friendly.

Walking to the parking lot, we did see the inside of one downstairs room. The room was not carpeted (like the second floor room). The concrete floor was stained and it was actually cooler. The wall was painted nicely and there was a wooden decorative piece in the corner that added character to the room. I wish the upstair rooms were similar. Next time I will have to reserve a room downstairs. The pool was small but worth using in the scorching summer heat. But you have to be patient to wait your turn as there's a lot of families using it.

Driving to the hotel was a bit challenging as well. But once you know where to go it gets easier to navigate around town. Anyway, this part of Burbank is difficult to go around due to the streets that criss-cross or cuts off. The hotel is close to a cafe, Bob's Big Boy, a Mexican restaurant, Bank of the West and is a short distance to a grocery store (Von's).

I would stay here again but this time I would definitely request a first floor room. Also, I would probably make sure I get back to the hotel room early so I can get a good parking spot.

Room Tip: Get back to the room early so you can have a good parking space especially during holiday weekends.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TRTW
Safford, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Don't judge a book by the cover. This little gem doesn't look like much from the outside but you will be surprised when you get in your room. We only spent 1 night here but wish we could of stayed longer. Minimal parking in front but the back alley lot is safe and easy to get to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Isabella, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the Tangerine Hotel for 1 night while attending a Dodger Game. This little hotel is awesome. The room décor is awesome with comfortable beds and great linens. Perfectly heated and very clean pool. Wonderful coffee machine in the office that makes regular coffee, cappuccinos and latte's. They also provide a wonderful assortment of pastries. This hotel is in a very quiet location and the staff was very friendly. It only took us 10 minutes to get to the Dodger game from this location. We will definitely be going back to this Hotel. I highly recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lisa C
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Recently stayed for three nights and it was wonderful. The outside does stay true to it's name - the outside is pained with tangerine orange accents. It also looks like a converted motel. However, the rooms are modern and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. They offer complimentary Porto's bakery pastries every morning. There is a nifty coffee machine in the lobby open 24/7. There is also access to a laptop and printer 24/7 at no additional cost. The pool is small, but heated to a comfortable temperature. There are plenty of good food places and small businesses to explore within walking distance (highly recommend Varnish Nail Bar). Minutes from WB studios and Universal Studios. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator, so if you can't navigate stairs easily, ask for a lower level room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PineappleGirl206
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very hip little motor court, in the middle of Burbank studios, restaurants, shops. Walk everywhere!
Rooms are recently refurbished, extremely clean and comfortable.Kamal was very nice and helpful. Large (empty!) fridge, cable TV, free wifi, coffee,plus Porto's famous pastries in the lobby for breakfast! We'll definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kanneburns
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. The hotel is what you might call a boutique motel. It's decorated to a modern if arty standard, but hey this is L.A.!

Rooms are clean and we'll decorated. Flat screen TV and mini fridge. Coffee facilities too.

There is also a small pool area too which is nice.

Reception is like a small hotel reception with its flat screen TVs and seating area. A limited range of pastries and coffees are available here in the mornings to take away.

Parking and wifi is free.

Location is ideal for Universal studios, Warner Bros and the Hollywood Bowl. There are also some great restaurants in walking distance.

Recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ImprovisedTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Hotel Amarano Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Tangerine Hotel? Share your experiences!