“Best kept secret in Burbank!”
Review of The Tangerine

The Tangerine
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Tangerine Hotel is the best kept secret in Burbank. The location is great if you visiting NBC or The WB. In fact, both are within walking distance. The town in quiet, clean, and safe. Bob's Big Boy is just up the street and a wonderful place to eat breakfast with excellent service. We also enjoyed a little diner style restaurant across the street
The rooms are average in size with colorful accent walls. The i Pod docking stations were a nice touch. Wifi is also free of charge as well as parking. The pool was available and adequate, however; we did not use it. The beds and linens were unquestionably comfortable and accommodating.
My only recommendation for this hotel is that they add a larger office area with a continental breakfast for the traveler "on the go." Otherwise, we definitely plan to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAlover_12

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We decided to stay here because the hotel is close to the Studios. We were not disappointed.
The rooms were comfortable and the staff is excellent. So helpful and very friendly. The rooms were clean and very quiet. Great place and we would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This clean, friendly hotel is within walking distance to Warner's Studio. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Several good restaurants are close by. Perfect place to stay for our girls trip to see Ellen.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BarbaraP101
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was the second time I stay at the Tangerine and the experience was amazing again. The people that work here are very friendly and helpful. This past time my reservation through Southwest did not go through, but they were still able to accomodate me for the night and the next day they were kind to let me know there was a cancellation and that I could stay the rest of the weekend. Every morning they have pasteries from Porto's Bakery and delicious coffee/hot chocolate maker. The room is beautiful and clean. This place is also in the perfect location. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: book directly on their site, I booked through Southwest and didnt realize the reservation did not go...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during her term break from university. I originally chose the property because it appeared to be in a quiet neighborhood and was close to Warner Bros. Studio. I was not disappointed. The hotel is a renovated (several times, I suspect) 50's style motor lodge. The room we got was great with two double beds and a dresser. The hotel staff did an excellent job of keeping our room made up, and the front desk person was most helpful. The best ammenity, however, was the round-the-clock coffee/latte/capachino machine in the lobby.

The area around the hotel is great, with lots of restaurants within walking distance. However, you need to be aware of the fact that the Warner Bros. employees all tend to take lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, and the restaurants tend to get a little crowded at that time. Warner Bros. was a short walk down Riverside Drive, and I highly recommend the studio tour there.

While we were there it was a little chilly for using the pool, but it certainly looked inviting!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SkaterTwo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The location is excellent. Close to everything and easy to hop on the freeway but the neighborhood is quiet (as opposed to staying right in Hollywood). Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and the classic Bob's Big Boy is right around the corner. I love the idea they've renovated a roadside motel with simple, clean and functional necessities. I'm not big on the "extras" places add so they can charge you more like workout rooms and such. I also hate "boutique" or trendy hotels. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

PROS:
- great location, parking is tight but in the 3 times we've stayed there we always found a spot in the back.
- super friendly staff. On our last trip our car broke down and we had to extend an extra day plus store a truck's worth of boxes while the car was getting repaired. They were very helpful and kept our belongings safe. Taking a lot of stress out of this unexpected event.
- Clean, simple, functional rooms with comfy beds. I like that they don't have carpet but rather polished hard floors. Hotel/motel carpet always creeps me out.
- Refrigerators in all the rooms
- rooms are a good size. We always stay in the king and they've all had a table with two chairs which is great.
- euro style industrial coffee machine in the lobby makes great late night hot chocolate and is a very welcoming sight after a long day driving down to los angeles.
- price is right

the negatives;
- a little heavy on the air fresher smell. While it is more the W style than the Motel 6 variety so it's not unbearable it's still applied with quite a heavy hand.
- no in room safe. In a world of iPads, iPods, laptops, and such having a secure spot to stash the goodies while out and about would be a great addition. especially because it is open walkways and there's no secure parking.
- sometimes they forget to give you the wifi log in information. Would be nice if they just had instructions in the room or at least a note that you said have to ask the front desk.

I might not recommend this if you are on a work trip and have to rely on solid wi-fi or working from your room. I didn't use my laptop but it seemed a bit spotty via my iPad.

Overall this is the best place if you need a simple, clean, safe, comfortable no frills place to stay while doing mostly out and about activities in the city and aren't looking for fancy perks or trendy hipster action.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spike13
Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed here the first 2 days of our trip to california last month, and were so surprised and the room, it was stunning with beautiful art, everwhere, exceptionally clean and great facilities even a pool!

The location is good if you are planning on hiring a car and visiting the sites, although it did state somewhere universal was 0.3 miles away, this is untrue you definately will need a car to get anywhere from here, as with most places you stay around LA. The only gripe we had was when we asked where they recommend for food, the reception told us the mexican next door. AS it was late, we went, and ended up paying the most for a meal that was not so good we paid during our whole trip to california, 98 dollars for 2 mains 2 starters and a drink.. not their fault but our own and I suppose a matter of taste. Would definately stay here again if ever in the area. The pastries in the morning were so nice also and the coffee!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michellecardno
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#14 of 355 in Los Angeles
Hotel Amarano Burbank
#7 of 20 in Burbank
Safari Inn
#3 of 20 in Burbank

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!