“Very nice rooms and excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tangerine

The Tangerine
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Frisco, Texas
“Very nice rooms and excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Reminds me of loft style hotels. Great location and wonderful staff.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed at the Tangerine for a work trip as a recommendation from a Burbank resident, as a place to stay with a bit more character than your typical chain hotels. This area of Burbank is a bit older so I didn't come across any new high rise development hotels. I had a very nice stay, close to the television studios. It was easy to get to, found a reserved parking place all three days except for one when I had to park overnight on the street. Breakfast is not included, but they have a really good coffee machine that you can access at any time as well as a delicious pastry for breakfast. It was quiet and clean and had good wireless internet. Decor was modern. The staff was always helpful, even printing out my Jay Leno ticket for me and calling me in my room to recommend that I head over to the studio earlier than I thought, just to make sure I got in line on time.
Didn't make it to the pool but it was cute.
I would stay here again. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ground floor was fine, I'm sure second floor would be OK too.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maidstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our road trip in California. Friendly staff, very clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms and convenient free parking. Also free wifi and hot drinks in the reception. The pool is warm and enclosed- and clean!

The only minor negative, and it didn't bother us that much, is it is on a main road which can be noisy.
A great value, clean and comfortable stay!

• Stayed March 2012
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place is awesome! If your looking for an inexpensive no frills place to crash with some style, this is it! Decor was amazing! All new furnishings and decor in the rooms. Beds were comfy. Murals and decor in the room were Amazing! Flat screen TVs with an iPod/iPhone dock attached to the wall, connected to the TV for charging, music and movies!

Pool was clean. VERY warm! Loved it! Glass fence around the pool keeps the wind and road noise down so you can relax and enjoy it.

Neighborhood has great food and beverage selections within walking distance! Bobs, Vons and El Torito is a 5-10 minute walk, nice mexican bar next door and amazing italian breakfast place across the street.

I will definitely be recommending this place to friends and family that come to visit Burnank!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We needed a hotel close to Burbank Airport for an early morning flight. On-line this looked liked a cute property and it looked like a hotel.
Unfortunately, this was not the case. This is a motel and when we arrived with much luggage there was no one to bring our luggage to our room. I would have left some items in the car if we could have parked on the property but there was no parking available.
So, we lugged everything up the long outdoor stairway to our room on the 2nd floor.
The room was clean and it had been renovated but the whole property kept reminding me of something I would have seen in a cop show in the 1970's......it just felt weird.
We specifically asked the front desk person to give us an early morning wake up call. We never did get the wake up call and would have missed our flight if a friend hadn't called my cell that morning. I did tell them this at check out.
I think they served some kind of continental breakfast but we left too early and missed it.
Would not stay here again in Burbank for the night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ShopBread
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Excellent small independent converted motor lodge.Classic 50' era Hollywood motor lodge is now hip trendy motel right in the middle of Burbank Tocula Lake area. Warners Brothers studio is within eye shot. Excellent neighborhood and eatery choices within walking distance.Parking is not an issue and I feel very safe parking behind the building.Rooms are very nice and very comfortable. Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. Slept great. A bargain price for what you get. Desk staff genuinely nice and great service. You can not go wrong here!!! I would come back in a heart beat. Pastries and Coffee machine in lobby are very good. NOT your normal chain experience. This place is special as are the people who operate it!

Room Tip: The front desk will do almost anything for you. just ask.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Eaton, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I searched for weeks for a hotel in L.A. that cost under $150/night. Several I read reviews on charged for parking, internet-in addition to nightly rates. I could not justify fitting that into our budget for a place we merely wanted to rest our head at night...and grab a shower in the morning.
Tangerine Hotel is great for this purpose. It's definitely a motel, but rooms are clean, newly remodeled, staff are friendly, & internet & parking are free! Plus they get pastries from a local bakery every morning that are wonderful!!! We dealt with Maria at the front desk the entirety of our stay (2 nights). She excels at her job- going out of her way to ensure that we could find parking behind the building (very safe-well lit area-easily accessible to wheel luggage in). Maria also helped us with dinner recommendations when we came in late & directed us to a few local attractions during our brief visit. When you're in L.A.- or Burbank, this is a great place to rest your head if you're planning to go to local game shows. Location is great, facility is above average for a motel & staff are friendly and well informed. $110/night is more than what I wanted to pay, but unfortunately you won't find anything much cheaper in L.A.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor...then you don't have to carry your luggage up stairs. -Tur...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sixfeetsmall7757
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#104 of 348 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,569 reviews

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!