“Really nice hotel for the area, price and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tangerine

The Tangerine
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Carson City, Nevada
“Really nice hotel for the area, price and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

It was a great hotel, nice rooms, great bedding, great location. Close to Warner Brother Studios and a wonderful coffee shop, Pricillas. Would highly recommend Pricillas, the coffee is wonderful, so much better than Starbucks. Would definitely stay at Tangerine's again. The only downfall was the parking, but if that is the worst not a bad deal. The staff was very, very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ccfamily22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Tangerine is an old motor inn that has been hipified. The rooms are your basic Super 8 with berber carpet, a comfy bed, good lighting, flat screen tv, fridge and coffee maker (with Maxwell House coffee-bleh!). The bathroom is cramped but clean. Complimentary espresso and french pastries in the morning is a nice touch, as is free wifi and free parking.

All in all, a decent place to hang your hat for under $125/night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Had a lovely night at the Tangerine Hotel. Staff was friendly and accessible. My room was right near the street so was a bit loud, but nothing I couldn't sleep through. Decor was great--not the usual blad hotel room decor. I'd come here again and will recommend it to everyone traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Adrian L
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I really wanted to like this place. The idea of transforming an old motel into a cool spot is appealing. Unfortunately, I've stayed in seven different motel/hotels in the past year and this one was the noisiest. To be fair, I do believe that I was given the worst room on the property, a lower level spot at the back. That meant I could hear the warning buzz every time a car came out of the garage next door. The worst was some sort of leaf blower that went on between 10:30 pm and 11:30 pm. (Not sure but I think they may have been cleaning that garage.) When that noise stopped some other type of machinery took over. I had to leave the tv on so I could go to sleep. On the bright side, the room was clean. (Although it still had that old motel smell.) The location is good. It's a nice area of Burbank (Toluca Lake). And the best feature is a terrific cafe a few doors down called "Olive and Thyme." I recommend that place highly. Lastly, the card key system was down and I was given an old fashioned key. I was told that the door would lock automatically, that feature was still working. But it wasn't. To my horror, I learned that I had left the door unlocked when I stepped out for the evening. I read reviews mentioning the nice touch of coffee in the lobby. Not exactly. It was a multi choice coffee dispenser that had the taste of what was previously dispensed, and they had only powdered creamer. Ick. Okay, it was an off day maybe. And perhaps that noise was a one time thing. It is a good location. If you are going to stay there, ask for a second floor room, maybe on the side above the hotel office.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NorCalHereAndThere
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

After 2 days at a pricey Beverly Hills boutique hotel, we decided to move to Burbank as we were going to the Ellen show and to Jay Leno. My daughter phoned them the night before, and they were more than helpful. We had to check out of our hotel by 11, and Tangerine made sure they had at least one room ready for us to check in early. Everyone at the front desk were so helpful, telling us the best places to go. The rooms are funky, clean and the bed is very comfortable, the bedding and pillows are just as nice as our pricier hotel was. Lacy at the front desk was super helpful as was the manager, sorry I can't remember your first name. We loved staying there and will certainly do it again when we are back in town.
Also loved the fact that there was free coffee, tea etc in the office, along with pastries every morning. Also free Wi-fi sure is nice. We paid $ 15.00 for a pot of coffee and $11.95 per day for Wi-fi at the other hotel.
Also Prizzies restaurant across the street was very yummy!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great location! Walking distance to all the studios and a short cab ride to attractions! Service was perfect!

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We go to Burbank often to visit relatives and we're tired of paying huge rates for "chain" hotels. I read reviews on the tangerine hotel and liked what I read. However, I did not call to reserve because previous reviews noted a problem with parking and on this trip we had our pick up truck! I must say there is plenty of parking available. Also, upon check in the clerk was pleasant, kind and fair. She gave us the rate I could have gotten on line even though I did not have a reservation. The room was great, clean and comfortable and the pastries in the morning were a wonderful treat. We will definitely come back to the Tangerine Hotel!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
#100 of 348 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,553 reviews
Safari Inn
#6 of 20 in Burbank

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!