“Thank Goodness for Tangerine !” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Tangerine
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Thank Goodness for Tangerine !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I literally stumbled across this adorable hotel, literally. Having arrived 5 hours late into Burbank Airport and promptly getting lost in my rental car, I pulled over at the Tangerine hotel to get directions, hoping to find the freeway to repair what bearing I had left in me to get to the LAX area. The young lady, Alexandria was very patient and compassionate. She offered me use of their expresso machine, clearly sympathetic to my pains of having not slept in a very long while. Needless to say, long story short, after hearing the pool was heated, taking into account my delierium, I was lucky there was one vacancy available due to someone that had missed their flight and cancelled entirely. The rooms are more like a condo than a hotel. I feel very at home in a very convenient but clearly safe and friendly area too. Staying one night turns into more and is my preferred hotel from here on out when staying in the area. Hands down, WELL worth the terrific price - a rare find for Los Angeles. If you happen upon the desk agent Alexandria, you may find she knows the city very very well and is a fantastic guide for so much with customer service that is a true breath of fresh air. Customer Service, Location, Accomodations, All = A+++++

4 Thank hemmingways

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked this hotel for our clients that need to travel to Burbank, CA and I ended up staying there one night too. I was happy because it was nearby to where we were working. Our clients had already spoken to me about the hotel and said the hotel was very nice and close to the tourist areas such as Warner Brothers and Universal Studios. I arrived late at night and was surprised to fnd that the hotel was one of those older two story motel types. However, this one looked very modern and sleek. The front desk person was almost expecting me and very helpful. I had to lug my stuff up one flight of sairs and there was not parking available so I had to park on the street. When I got to the room I discovered it was huge and modern with a huge king size bed. I was very happy. I had to check out early the next morning so I did not get a chance to stay in the room long but the with the exception of the plastic cups, I was very pleased with the room. If you are staying up in Burbank, CA for business or just passing through, I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank markru
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very nice rooms; clean and spacious. The staff was curdious and Kamal went out of his way to watch my luggage while I tended to business during the day. Good location and the price is right. Tasty pastries in the morning too.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here with my girlfriend for one night in September 2011. It's very close to NBC studios and looked pretty average from the outside - boy were we wrong!
The rooms are spacious and the staff at the reception were very helpful with advice on where to eat - even made reservations for us at the nearby Smith and McKormick's, and advice for sightseeing and easier finding there. The place was remade 2 years ago and the new decor is very contemporary and welcoming. As some of the pictures show, the back wall has this orange taint and makes the place look so chic. My girlfriend also loved the big mirror and counter outside the bathroom for makeup and getting ready for being on tv.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kauai, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The young girls that work the all night shift were pleasant but Mgr Kamal has alot to learn about hotel/hospitality industry. He's rude and negative. Had I read more reviews before staying here for three nights I probably would have looked elsewhere.
Ice machine broken all weekend - 100 degrees. Our Room 127 is RIGHT on the alleyway, when we got here asked to be moved but he would not due to 22lb service animal. The smell in this room was so bad the night girl gave 10% discount - big deal.
Lacey was so rude when I questioned charges for clarification I decided to check out early and give them the money. VERY rude service here.
Burbank is charming. GindiThai restaurant and swanky coffeshops are awesome. Its really unfortunate for the price these people don't get - BE NICE TO PEOPLE and you'll get a lot further.

Room Tip: Get second floor in front near office or you'll have LOUD alleyway noises all night.
1 Thank rubyredhead28
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Can't ask for anything more from a motel. Room had a fridge and coffee facilities, with a microwave in reception if needed. Great location in Burbank, and only a short drive away from tourist central Hollywood Boulevard. The pool is great after a hot day in LA!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

The room felt clean--the linens were solid (no floral patterns to mask stains), the floors were concrete, and the bathroom was light colored; the location is safe and convenient for LA tourism; and the price, which includes parking, was relatively low for the area. Also, the bed was very comfortable.

On the other hand, the lighting in our room was at once harsh and dim during the evening, and the view from our first floor window was of a large SUV parked in the courtyard (which has maybe a half dozen parking spaces in addition to the spaces in the back of the motel). Worse, the room only featured blackout drapes--there were no privacy curtains that let natural light in without relinquishing all privacy. Pretty depressing. Suggest you avoid first floor rooms.

Also, keep in mind that although this motel has a rather flattering website and has branded itself a "hotel," it is basically just a clean, more modern version of motel 6. For example, the showers/baths are plastic surrounds (not tiled), and the furniture is slightly worn ikea-caliber stuff.

Room Tip: Try Porto's for breakfast--it's a couple minutes away by car, and they serve delicious, inex...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
#100 of 348 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,553 reviews
Safari Inn
#6 of 20 in Burbank

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!