“Not worth it”

Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Burbank
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood brings you closer than ever to the legendary entertainment you know and love. View the real sets and soundstages where the greatest names in entertainment made history. Get ready to touch, tour and explore the iconic 110-acre backlot that brought ARGO and BATMAN to the big screen. From THE BIG BANG THEORY to FRIENDS, Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood takes you behind-the-camera for a revealing look at how the magic is made.
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

You will be driving around in a cart and see some closed sets. They make a big deal about it, but it is not worth it. On top of that, you are not allowed to take pictures in the sound sets or their museum.

1  Thank BlueFonzie
Write a ReviewReviews (7,318)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The tour is supposed to last 2 hours 15 minutes. Let me just say it 1 hour 30 minutes of it was BORING!!! I along with 10 other people were bored, our tour guide Katie had a single objective that was to talk about Pretty Little Liars almost the entire time. I'm not under 25 so it was pretty boring. Some of the exteriors were recognizable almost everyone on our tour was a fan of the Big Bang Theory and yet she barely recognized that it was even filmed there. I understand that shows are on hiatus and it was the weekend but the museum and the building exteriors wede the best part. If I were you I would ask for a male guide maybe you wouldn't have to put up with the PLL spiel.

1  Thank Chrisy A
Reviewed May 3, 2013

read the title, thats all this was just driving around a couple of houses from some sit-com's ive never heard of to seeing a set from friends and all the while being told about how 'great' the show friends was and how much money it made. What an absolute joke.

If you enjoy taking a tour were the guide talks about nothing else but crappy TV shows then this tour is for you, but if you want to take a tour that shows the inner workings of a major studio then avoid this tour at all cost.

PS you do get to see a couple of non operational batmobiles and a couple of props from harry potter but for some reason your not allowed to take photos of the props or the Dark Knight bat suit, ofcourse they dont give an explaination, thats just there policy.

3  Thank Matthew B
warnerbrostour, General Manager at Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Matthew,

I would like to thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to share your feedback with the informed online traveling community of TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that the tour did not meet your expectations and that you did not find your experience to be fun and worthwhile.

We would like to have the opportunity to address some of the issues that caused you to be disappointed so we take make the appropriate corrections. I would be very grateful to have the chance to speak with you further. Please call me collect at your convenience at (818) 977-1500 or email me at danny.kahn@warnerbros.com.

Very truly yours,

Danny Kahn
Executive Director
Warner Bros. Studio Tour
(818) 977-1500

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We signed up to get tickets for a taping of Two and A Half Men, and we had a blast! If you're in Los angeles and want to spent a fun afternoon I definitely recommend. There is free parking, a covered waiting area, great entertainment during scene transitions, free pizza, and of course the show. Lots of people in the audience from around the world.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was so much fun!!! It’s a small tour (14 people max), so you get so much more out of it than the studio tours at bigger places.

We got to walk through a couple of sound stages and saw some sets.

Walking through the property house was a lot of fun. Seeing all of the vehicles from Batman was awesome.

Our guide was Jose. He was a blast. He told us a lot of fun facts about Hollywood. We learned a lot and had a great time.