“Has been better”

Arnie Morton's the Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnie Morton's the Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 430 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alameda & Riverside
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have enjoyed this restaurant previously, and had a pleasant, but unexceptional dinner at Morton's last night. In the past Morton's seemed elegant, special; but not so much last night. We had the oysters, fresh and delicious. Tuna tartare was good. I got a filet with bernaise sauce, lovely. My spouse and son split a 17ounce steak. They were very nice about dividing the steak into two portions. From the taste I had of their dish, the brandy peppercorn sauce was excellent but the steak was tough, and not flavorful. The server seemed OK with us receiving a tough steak when we told him. I will return to this restaurant as it is close to home and generally nice, but for a special occasion I will go elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Arnie Morton's the Steakhouse

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This past weekend - a few friends gathered to have a nice dining experience at Morton's in Burbank.

I must say for the price I expected more....

The food was as expected - but candidly the service was very sloppy and spotty. The salads did not come out together - the waiteress only asked for dink orders from half of our party (6 total) and one persons Surf and Turf - arrived without the Turf.

Not sure if I would go back....too many steakhouses in Los Angeles to put up with this type of service.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to this restaurant for my birthday dinner and it was such a fiasco! After ordering, we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes to be served! The Shrimp scampi was oily and shrimp over cooked and not so great. The 48 oz steak for two ($114)was supposed to be med rare and it came to us med well! Terrible. This is a steak house. At least get the steak right!! The special for the night, lobster of a miniscule size and a 6 oz steak , was very good but the lobster was alittle over cooked.
While the management bent over backwards to try to make us feel better and even gave us some coupons for the next dinner, we would not go back!!! Why waste our time????

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Always take my children to an amazing dinner on christmas eve. Tonight, went to Arnie's in Burbank. 8 pm res. and were seated at 8:15. Ordered appitizers at 8:25 and dinner at 8:40. Nothing till 9:30. Brought salads we ordered with dinner at 9:30 and appitizers at 9:45. My steak and daugheters crab legs delivered cold at 10pm. Baked potato served cold at 10pm. Floor manager brought shrimp cocktail appitizers at 9:40 because our other appitizers had not been delivered. If I wanted shrimp cocktails, I would have ordered them. 1/2 hour to deliver drink orders. They took $200.00 dollars off a $600.00 bill due to kitchen error. Talked to other customers in valet line and all were burned tonight. Amature night in Dixie. holidays= :-(

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Visited Mortons in Burbank - had never been to a Mortons steak houses before, although I had seen them at various locations across the country. It was worth the visit! Very nice ambiance and the staff, as you would expect, catered to your every whim. I was there for a business dinner, so the tab was on the boss. I had a NY Strip steak and it was nothing short of magnificent! Thick, cooked to perfection and as good a taste as any steak I have ever eaten. Although I wasn't really interested in the sides, there were several ordered so I sampled them as well. All were quite good, and one stood out. Believe it or not - mac and cheese! It was simply the best I have ever eaten. I'm not quite sure what they did with this simple recipe, but it is worth choosing if you visit.

Obviously, this place is very pricey. There were couples there, as wel las business people; this place would be perfect for a special occasion, or really any time you just want the best steak you can get!