“OK but overpriced compared to its neighbors”

Sagan Korean & Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 235 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed my meal. I really did. But at $25 for the all-you-can-eat dinner, this was overpriced for the neighborhood. I would compare it to the $17 option at Cham Soot Gol, which is about a mile further south on Beach Blvd. Sagan's service plan is extremely good, especially the frequency of changing grills at our table. But the attentiveness of staff seemed to drift now and then. Food quality was good. But, simply no reason to eat here when Cham Soot Gol is so close by.

1  Thank motohigh
There are newer reviews for Sagan Korean & Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I visited this place for the first time with my friend and brother, unbeknownst to me at how horrible the service was. Upon walking in and pushing the button, the wait staff arrived at the front desk. When we asked for a menu to check out what to order, the waiter rolled his eyes at us and handed us a menu reluctantly, as if he thought we weren't the right kind of customers to eat there. I wasn't paying attention to this, but my friend noticed it and told me later.

While looking at the menu, I could see that the waiter was getting impatient and silently fuming. Checking out the food on the menu, I realized that much of it was overpriced and beyond our price range (we just wanted a quick lunch). When I gave back the menu, he basically grabbed it away from me, which I found to be incredibly rude. So yeah, don't eat here if rude wait staff bothers you. It's not worth the experience, and definitely not worth the price.

3  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is reasonably priced and delicious. We have eaten here two times now and consistently it has been delicious. Also it's quiet and has a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Not much to compliment, but no complaints either. This place isn't bad...unmemorable at most. High quality meat but no flavor. The galbi was tender and juicy but not very flavorful. Pork belly also juicy with no flavor at all. We definitely had to sauce everything up. Chap chae was mediocre. Korean pancakes were horrible, the worst I've ever tasted! They were pretty much just tasteless fried flour cakes. The side dishes weren't the typical ones that usually come out. I don't know what they all were exactly...but some were ok and others not so much. Nothing spectacular. Service was decent, except that the waitresses and servers kept trying to speak to us in Korean. So aside from the communication barrier, service was ok. Realistically, I probably won't find myself back here if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Liked the large table, menu was written in English as well as Korean. Feeling adventurous I went for it. Ordered an entrée and it was good but had no idea how it would be presented or with what. It was good but I doubt majority of Anglos are adventurous enough to be satisfied with this place.