“Chicago hot dog's”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Portillo.s in Buena Park has the best chicago hot do'g and Beef sandwiches this side of Chicago. They have other items such as their Chopped Salads, poppy seed fruit salad and many more. Inside you will see old relics of 1930 Chicago and picture of the likes of Al Capone and other Chicago famous people and places. A few blocks is famous Knott's berry Farm.

There are newer reviews for Portillo's

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just as good as the ones in Chicago area. Italian beef is perfect, thin sliced, lean, great bread. Hot dogs just right . Good French fries. Burgers are really good too. Not expensive great value for the money.

1  Thank traveltimeusa
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Although known for their Chicago style hot dogs -- Portillo's has a really full menu with something for everyone -- I (again) had their grilled tuna sandwich & again enjoyed it but got my "fried" fix from the onion rings. Mom really enjoyed her cheeseburger...although she did remove the lettuce because it was wet & would have made the bun soggy. My friend loves their Italian beef & it really looked yummy - might have to forgo the tuna next time & give it a try. I appreciate that it's not just a burger joint...they have great salads too...I like the Poppyseed fruit w/chicken salad it has a great variety of flavors. Portillo's is good casual food in a fun comfortable environment. They have fun decor & a nice patio. Conveniently located near Knots Berry Farm.

3  Thank CharlaAV711
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I am originally from the Chicago area where most Portillo's locations are, so I know Portillo's well. The food is always delicious, and they have the best burgers you can get anywhere. We always make time to stop any time we are in California. We have been to the Buena Park location probably 30 times over the past couple of years, and we live 4 hours away, if that tells you how good the food is. It is always worth the time to go there, even if it is a little out of our way. The burgers, cheese fries, BBQ chicken salad, and chocolate cake shakes are my favorites. They actually do toss a piece of chocolate cake cake into the shake as it is blending! It's incredible. My kids also love their hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches, and my husband loves the fish sandwich (get extra tarter sauce). If you call ahead, you can get a whole chocolate cake. It is the best chocolate cake I have ever had. I have never had anything at a Portillo's that wasn't amazing, so you really can't go wrong with anything you order.

2  Thank TJJK
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very good hot dogs, served with all the extras you like. Lots of choices. Nice atmosphere. Minor downsides are the french fries, nothing special, and price, a bit on the high side. Wife and I had one dog each, her's with mustard and raw onions, while mine was a chilli dog with onions and cheese.

2  Thank Ronald F