“cake shake!”

Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Buena Park, California
“cake shake!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The chocolate cake is out of this world. It has chocolate cake blended into chocolate shake and has me going into a chocolate coma! As far as I know, no other places in CA has this kind of shake. You gotta try it if you are a chocolate lover. The garbage salad is very good. It has cheese, salami, tomatoes, and tons of other goodies in it. It also comes with a moist poppyseed muffin.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Matthew J

Buena Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not bad”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

its not a bad place to eat. kinda on the pricey side but you get a good portion. some of the guys, and myself, from our softball team will sometimes go there after a game to grab a bite to eat.

Visited June 2013
“The best!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Growing up in Chicago and having moved to California I had been searching and searching for these Italian Beef sandwiches which it seemed only Illinois had. To my astonishment I found Portillos had extended its location to Cali! The atmosphere is fun & unique with excellent service and needless to say probably the best Italian Beef Sanwhices you will ever have! Fries, chocolate shakes and hot dogs to top it off!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank OahuAloha
Los Angeles
“Chicago Italian Beef Sammy's in Buena Park on the Cheap”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Oh Em Gee!!! I didn't know you were in Cali and I am indebted to Yelp for bringing up Portillo's (pronounced Por-tih-lows, even though its a Spanish sounding name) on a random search. Lo' and Behold' a Buena Park location and Moreno Valley location popped up. Yelp, thank you! I thought somehow this was a strictly Chicago business, like Lou Malnati's. Having gone to Chicago on work trips, I was introduced to this place by co-workers a few years ago. It's become a habit for me when Im in Chicago to go to Portillo's and often crave it when Im home in Socal. Not anymore, I will drive the 20 miles to get to Portillo's, no lie! It's comfort food Chicago style. This place is for Chicagoans and Cali foodies who may want to discover what a Chicago Italian Beef or Hotdog is like. There are 3 things I love here:

1) Italian beef, dipped, with sweet n hot peppers. This is as authentic Chicago Italian Beef sammy can be. Wet means dipped. Dry means undipped. If I order togo, I like it Dry and take the au jus on the side. This sandwich is cheap under $4.50. Don't expect a French dip sandwich. Don't compare to any sandwich 'cause this is how it's made in Chicago, no judgements!
2) Hotdogs, any of them. My faves are the Polish, with a snap, real hotdogs. Or Italian sausage, oh yeah!!
3) Chocolate Cake Shake. Yes, you read it right, slurp!!!

If you are familiar with Portillos or Chicago, you'll know what I'm talkin' about. There's nothing comparable an experience as downing a Portillos Italian beef sammy or a Hotdog, fries and a a large Chocolate Cake Shake, after taking lactaid pills, LOL. That to me is how it's done, LOL.

They also serve charbroiled burgers here, chicken and fish entrees. I'm not a fan of charbroiled burgers so I usually don't get those. I have heard that their burgers are great. HIghly recommend Portillo's for groups, children and familiies and am glad I found it SoCal. This is a Chicago restaurant institution serving its authentic food ASIS, no comparisons. If you are interested, you can read up on the history of this place on http://portillos.com.

Loves me mah Portillos Italian Beef sammy! Cheap eats and yummy too!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank paolola
Long Beach, California
“Great Italian beef!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's almost summer and I'm going to be eating up a storm. I loved my Italian beef sandwich. The meat was so tender and tasty! I was real beef some the usual fast food sliced lunchmeat. The bread was great and if your going to take out order the gravy on the side. My Chicago dog was good but I've tasted better. I will be back again to try more!

• Visited June 2013