“Better Than Chicago!”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed December 9, 2012

On our last day in southern cal I discovered this was here. On our way out of town we stopped for a sandwich. The large is big enough for 2 to split. Beef was tender and tasted fantastic. So good that we bought 2 lb. packs plus gravy to take home. The price is way cheaper than ordering on line from Taste of Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Portillo's

Reviewed December 6, 2012

tortilla soup was very good. dogs and sandwiches also very good lots of intresting things to look at inside.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

When this place opened I went the first night... I lived a little over a mile away. It was SO good that I went so often that I eventully started walking so I wouldn't need new clothes.

The food is just EPIC! Go hungry, try the 'Big Beef'.

ALL of the sausages are ecellent, and the basic hot dog is better if you go 'jumbo'.

The only thing I haven't liked is the Fish Sandwich, but that may be an 'attitude' situation.

Try the Garbage Salad, it'll take most of an afternoon!

Try to watch the assembly process after you order... the place is spotless and the ingredients are the best I have ever seen! COurteous staff and great visuals are the topper.

We need a 'Portillo's' every three miles all accross the country... screw McDonalds!

1  Thank rickr442
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The people we were visiting go here all the time. The Italian Beef is great and the hot are really fresh. The big hit at out table was the Chocolate Cake Shake.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

During my recent trip to Chicago, my relatives took me to a place called Portillo's. I loved it and was surprised to find that they had a location in So. California. So, on my next trip to Orange County, I made sure to visit. It's conveniently located near Knott's Berry Farm. The atmosphere was bustling, the staff was not only friendly, but somewhat comical adding a fun aspect to the visit. This location did not have the pasta selections available which was disappointing. However, it was well worth the trip for the Italian Beef Sandwiches which are hard to find in California. I hear the Chicago Dogs are really great and will be trying them on my next trip!!