“Fun place”

Ranked #2 of 235 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience the excitement of North America’s #1 dinner attraction. Feast on a delicious four-course meal featuring garlic cheese bread, vegetable soup, roasted chicken, spare rib, herb-basted potato, pastry and two rounds of beverage while watching spectacular equestrian routines performed by beautiful Andalusian stallions. Then, cheer for brave knights on horseback competing in medieval games of skill, exciting sword fights and an authentic jousting tournament. It’s an unforgettable evening for the entire family.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First off, this place is pretty expensive so definitely look for specials on the Internet. The Castle is beautiful and the horses are amazing. The first horse that came out was so white, it almost seems to be glowing. I half expected to see a unicorn horn on it... BEAUTIFUL!!!! I went with a group of 8 and was the only vegetarian in that group. My dinner was a vegetarian lasagna, probably stouffers frozen lasagna. It was good, not great. But in the end I really knew what I was paying for was the show and not my meal. Now for the carnivores in my group, there were really no complaints. There was enough chicken on that plate for 2 or 3 meals.!!! The soup was very good, the bread was bread, lol... The potato wedges were just that, and one rib.. Now the apple turnover was FANTASTIC!
Now for the show, it was fun to cheer on your knight, and booooo the others... A little fakey but really fun.. There was even a proposal while we were there!! She said yes..!!! I really did enjoy the show and my kids had a ball!!!! After the show is over you can get pictures with your knight or any of the other knights as well outside of the arena.
My kids and I are very big Merlin fans so this was an awful lot of fun. All in all if I had out of town visitors I would totally do it again...
One more thing, they sell flags that are the color of your knight for 1 dollar or 5 dollars... The $1.00 flags are smaller, and less in the way, and make a fun whipping sound when you wave them. The $5.00 flags are bigger, but I opted for the smaller ones and they were great... Also the seating is close together, so you might want to wait to buy swords or shields or larger gift shop items until the show is over.. There really is no good place to store the items during the show.
Have fun!!! I hope this helps!!!

1  Thank WendyMomOfThree
There are newer reviews for Medieval Times

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had seen this on the movie Cable Guy and thought when we go to America we have to do it and we loved it! The whole atmosphere was incredible! Food was great and eating with your hands was actually not too bad ... it added to the whole experience! Highly recommend if you want a good night out for the family!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good nature, family fun --- the food is alright, but you are there for the show. The horsemanship is really impressive. Look around for specials and coupons to take the sting out of the admission price. Great place to celebrate a birthday and the show is always changing, so you never know the outcome. You also get to take photo's with the cast prior to the show, and its kind of fun.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was entertaining but not comfortable. The food is less than savory and they had crowd/customer traffic control challenges that they could have avoided.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Jousting! Really! Bring your own forks unless you want to eat with your fingers. Food was surprisingly good. Pricey entrance fee but worth it.