“Resort area- poorer quality”

Days Inn Buena Park
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Central Point
“Resort area- poorer quality”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For a Days Inn, this was one of the poorest ones I have stayed in. Non-smoking, but MANY guests just stepped outside on walkways to smoke. Really irritated my asthma walking to and from my room. Much of it seemed to have that lower class "party" atmosphere with people hanging out late outside the rooms, talking, drinking, and smoking. One night I had to open my door and ask them to take their conversations inside their room, as they woke me up. Breakfast had very few selections, even when I arrived early. By mid-day the jacuzzi was murky, can only imagine what the little children did in there when allowed to just go where they want. Staff was friendly, room spacious, but the overall atmosphere with kids and young adult running around having a "blast" made me wish I had opted for a slightly more expensive hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
los lunas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff were nice. I noticed a roach in the room and when I turned down the bedding another popped out of the blankets. The Shower never really turned completely on due to the bath plumbing needing to be replaced. The room we requested was supposed to be non smoking, but as soon as you open the door you could smell the tobacco. I stayed in Room #223

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Mesa
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked this on very short notice for 2 nights! The room is typical hotel style room, Typical style hotel. It was clean and for the price was just what we needed. We checked in at 4am. The fronts desk clerk was awake and very friendly. We had left an Iphone in our room and were pleasantly surprised when we called and it had been turned in. Biggest complaint was the bed. The bed to me was hard as a rock and super uncomfortable but that could be because I like the softer style of mattress.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family