“Very noisy”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Perth, Australia
“Very noisy”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Thought I was booking the Days Inn closer to Knott's Berry Farm which is now a Knights Inn. First and last time at this one. The Freeway is a 100 yards away and the noise was constant, all day and all night.
The room was OK and reasonably clean. The pillows were very thin, we went to the nearby Target and bought $4 pillows. Other than the noise the location is OK, restaurants are nearby but it's a long walk to Knott's Berry Farm.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JeffersonKim, Manager at Days Inn Buena Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I apologize for the confusion of the location. We have become the Days Inn in Buena Park since June 2012.

You can request a room away from the freeway if the noise will be an issue. We also can bring extra pillows to your room.

We are a one mile walk away from Knott's Berry Farm. We share the same parking lot as Target for more convenience and savings for your stay. Thank you for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Merced, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at this inn about three years before, when it was a Red Roof Inn. I made a reservation online through Days Inn about a week before our stay. My daughter and I were assigned room 408 (2 queens, MW, frig, hairdryer, non-smoking, free room WiFi & continental breakfast), at the back of the building closest to the Target store. We stayed 3 nights: Dec 29 ~ Dec 31, 2012. Price $63.99 + $7.68 tax each for 12/29 & 12/30; $79.99 + $9.60 tax for 12/31.

First, I’d like to point out that there were 3 appliances for only 2 outlets: the TV and frig were plugged in, the MW was not. In order to use the MW, you had to unplug one of the other.

During our 2nd night, the heat register stopped working while we were asleep. I also attempted to use the MW the next morning, but it didn’t work. I called down to the front desk and reported both. I specifically informed the woman that I had plugged in the MW and it didn’t work.

When we got back to our room late that evening (about 2:00 a.m.), the register was working again. The TV was now plugged in to a different outlet across the desk, and both the frig and MW were plugged in. However, the MW still did not work. All maintenance did was plug it in - it wasn’t repaired or replaced.

The heat register then stopped working again while we were asleep.It was quite chilly in the morning, so we didn’t use the shower. When I went to the front desk to check out and reported that we were without heat for 2 nights and without a MW the entire time, the woman at the front desk (no name tag) called over the maintenance man (I didn’t catch his name). He first stated that he plugged in the MW and it worked for him. When I pointed out it still didn’t work, he then stated he had replaced it. When I stated it looked exactly the same as the other, he stated all of the MWs in the inn are the same. I didn’t believe this - it was the same MW and all he did was plug it in.

Only when I mentioned that I would not be leaving a favorable review on TripAdvisor for the lack of heat and no working MW, did the woman state she was willing to take 50% off the price of one night. I accepted this and received a discount of $28.47 room charge + $3.42 tax. Under the circumstances, I believe a discount off two nights should have been offered, but I accepted the one night.

Overall, the room was clean and quiet. Housekeeping did a very good job. The lack of an elevator at the back of the building to the fourth floor made it difficult in lugging all our things up and down the stairs.

We didn’t utilize the continental breakfast since we were late risers. However, it is in the main lobby with tables and comfortable seating. The inn’s advertising says there are free discounts to local restaurants, but we were not provided with this information. There’s a Denny’s Restaurant right next door. They‘re open 24 hours and are very convenient and affordable.

I would stay at this inn again. However, management needs to look into why the heat would shut off during the night and to replace/repair appliances, when needed. I am giving this visit an average rating only because after complaining about the heat and MW, they were not taken care of satisfactorily.

Room Tip: Four story building. If you have a lot of luggage, request a room closest to the elevators, which ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JeffersonKim, Manager at Days Inn Buena Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'll inquire why you weren't given discounts to local restaurants. They're typically handed out to every check in. Denny's gives our guests 10% off.

I'm in process of overhauling the maintenance side to ensure issues that you experienced are minimized.

Thanks again.
SWANTON
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The location was very good; 3 blocks from Knot's Berry Farm. We were able to walk there and save on parking fees. The staff was wonderful, there were always helpful & friendly. Free WiFi & Continental Breakfast were appreciated
The beds were awful, we woke up feeling like we slept on the floor all night. The hotel is located next to a major highway & we heard the traffic noise constantly. The room was clean but outside was dirty looking. Overall we would rate this hotel as average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your feedback. We have hotels rooms on the side away from the freeway if noise is an issue, and we've replaced beds in some of the rooms. When checking in, you can request a room with one of our nicer beds.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After 1 night our car was vandilized, I parked only 20ft away from the front hotel lobby door thinking it would be safe. wrong! When we went to the car to take our daughter to disneyland, i saw the passenger window was shattered and found a note on the drivers window from buena park police, I went to the front desk and the guy said the police didnt notify him about our car, and he seemed to have an attitude as if was our fault. I asked him to check out my car , he didnt want to go and said he couldnt right now. We also contacted the Manager , left a voice maill and email message. No reply . after 3 days staying at this terrible hotel. I parked the car near my room window and stayed up all night to watch it, I hope others will write a review on this dump, i will never stay at any days inn again!!! Please take your family to a clean and safe hotel away from this place. Or you might find your car missing in the morning!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear about the break in to your car. Car thefts are very rare, and we advise all guests to make sure they hide all their valuables away from sight. In this bad economy, even some loose change may cause desperate individuals to break your car windows. A very common one is when people leave their GPS on display.

I personally parked my car at the site for over one year every night and never gotten broken into.

Ultimately, it's very shameful that any crime occurs on our property, but you will find this issue at any hotel that doesn't have full time security walking the parking lots every night.