“Good Management”

Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a 2 night stay for a visit to Knotts Berry Farm and arrived late in the day. When I got to our room I immediatley realized someone had smoked in the room before our stay. I think I am just more sensitive to it than others but still my husband could smell it although it did not bother him as much. I even found ashes by the desk lamp in the room. I called the front desk and they said they were booked and were unable to move me until the next day. The next morning we packed all our stuff and left it in the room and I spoke to the front desk who said they were sold out and there was nothing they could do. I told her what I was told the night before and she apologized but still did not budge. I told her I would not be paying for my previous nights visit because it was not a pleasant experience. She asked if I wanted to talk to the manager and I said yes. Javier came and spoke to me and immediatley offered to remedy the situation. He said they would move all our packed belongings to the new room while we were gone. I dont know how he managed to do it but he did move us to a nice, fresh smelling clean room. I was very happy about his promptness and immediate customer service. When we got back that night I went to the front desk and before I could even explain the sitiation the clerk already knew of my sitatuion and gave me my new room key. Overall it was a very pleasant stay except for the first night in a smoky room. I know they can help someone smoking in there but I would really try and air it out before a guest arrives expecting a non-smoking room. We tried to eat breakfast at the restaurant with our $20.00 voucher but the wait staff was taking so long to just get us menus that we left. The free parking and wi-fi was awesome and a huge savings to a family on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Isabel C
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We'd like to apologize for your initial frustrations - we understand it's not pleasant when someone has previously smoked in a non-smoking room. We are pleased that Javier was able to rectify the situation quickly and efficiently.
Thank you for your feedback and review.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and I doubt we will be returning. The carpeting and door paint appears run down. The rooms are very average and the restaurant on-site is convenient for breakfast (but not special.. although the price is very reasonable). They offer shuttle service to Disneyland (but it ends at 10pm on most nights). The staff was attentive and moved us to another room very quickly when we encountered some issues but the property needs an overhaul if they intend to retain guests (it just doesn't feel special).

Room Tip: The rooms are all very similar to avoid upgrades as they may not be worth the extra $'s.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank vamosalbiceleste
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We do appreciate your feedback. We have been under room renovations since this summer and have just completed all guestrooms, which has been very exciting. We've loved the great comments we are receiving on our new rooms. Public areas are next on the list to renovate - including (as noted) carpet and paint, but much, much more that is sure to WOW new and returning guests alike. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit and hearing your feedback about our new look.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Overall - I am very pleased with the hotel facilities and hospitality. I spend my first time holiday with my wife in LA from 30 Nov 2012 to 7 Dec 2012 and my room is 273. All staff are very friendly. I was staying there for 7 days 8 nights - I feel like home - breakfast is OK although I'm expecting the buffet style instead of ala carte breakfast style. Cleanliness and parking is excellence. My suggestion - it is much better if the hotel can provide porter to asisst customer during check in and check out time.

Room Tip: Your better make request to get room near to the elivator if your are not fit to walk .
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AbRazakOmar
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

We're so pleaesd you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Please note for future reference, that we do have a Bell Desk for assistance in shuttles and for guests needing additional assistance getting luggage to their guestrooms. Please let us know how we can assist you during your stay!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night as we were laying over at LAX and wanted to see Disneyland. Hotel is about 45 minutes from the LAX airport with no shuttle service. The lobby area is nice and fairly open. The staff at the desk was very friendly; we dealt with Tom and Daniel. We did get upgraded to an Executive room, thanks Tom, and got a drink voucher for it. Carpets on our floor were very tired but the room itself was fine and had ample space. Nothing outstanding and with the typical amenities you would expect.
Hotel has free wi-fi throughout with a good signal anywhere I tried it. Breakfast was included but as a $20 voucher. Anything above the $20 you paid for. Staff at the restaurant was somewhat inattentive at arrival but good after we had been seated, and the food quality was good. Within a few minutes walk from the hotel was a Fudruckers, Black Angus Steakhouse, Sushi/Mongolian Barbeque, Wendy’s, Sizzler’s and a mall with Target. The area at night seemed okay to walk around, although there were some sketchy characters, but never felt unsafe. .We took the hotels scheduled transportation to Disney the following day, about a 20 minute ride and the drivers were both very pleasant guys, wish I could remember their names (sorry guys!). Rides are scheduled a few times a day and all you have to do is sign up for it. I also had a nice conversation with the bartenders and, again, very nice guys. All in all, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mad4travel_01
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Buena Park as a 'stopover' for your quick trip to Disneyland. We're so pleased you found our staff throughout the hotel friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay on the Executive Level. All of our rooms have been renovated in the past couple of months - and, yes, next on our list is the carpeting in the hallways.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing your family again when your travels bring you back to Southern California (hopefully for a longer period!).

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girl friend and I stayed here while in the Buena Park area for a get away vacation. The location is ideal with much to do in the area and many restaurants to choose from. Shopping is close by and Knott's Berry Farm is just down the street with Disneyland just 5 miles away.

Checkin was a snap for us. Our room was very luxurious and up to day with a better then average selection of channels to choose from. The room was well maintained byt the staff and I would surely recommend this hotel to some who would be looking for a room in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ochump
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for the recommendation and for choosing Holiday Inn Buena Park! So glad you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the holiday in Buena Park for one week during our family holiday in LA. The hotel.is ideally located for the Disney theme parks with a complimentary shuttle to take and collect.you, near to knotts berry farm and great restaurants and shopping malls, you would however require a car to visit the beaches, Seal and Huntington being the nearest which are beautiful, clean and safe and central LA although the hotel offers downtown tours if you want to sightsee.

The hotel itself presents itself well with a beautiful lobby, marble floors, fireplace and piano with lovely decor throughout. The heated pool area is clean with secure entry only with a guest key and has a nice little garden/courtyard area with a water fountain, table and chairs. The rooms are also nicely decorated with a luxury feel and spacious too. The breakfast and restaurant service is great especially the desk staff who offer good frieny local advice. The holiday in is perfect for famillies, couples and business. Definately value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kc_8791

Thank you for your kind recommendation and review. We know you have a choice when visiting the Los Angeles/Orange County area and do appreciate that you chose Holiday Inn Buena Park as your home-base during your vacation.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went with a friend to Buena Park to go to The Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm. I chose this hotel for the location which it had said in the website was half a smile. It was really double that amount which was still not bad and we ended up walking there and back. There was a bit of a snafu at check-in. I had requested twice that our room had two queens for obvious reasons that I was traveling with a guy friend of mine. Instead we got a King room which was awkward. When I went to inquire at the desk, they said they were sold out of two queen-rooms but that our room most probably had a pull out sofa. I hadn't really looked because when I saw a single bed I kind of ran out of the room to go rectify the situation haha. The person at the front desk said that if it didn't have a pull out couch, they'd bring a rollaway bed and not charge us. The situation wasn't ideal but we made do and overall had a good experience because we really went mostly to go to that even at Knotts. Saturday, before the Haunt we spent the day enjoying the pool and the hot-tub and that was nice though we had to tell the desk our room had not yet been cleaned by late afternoon.

Overall had a good experience but on certain things they could have been more on top of it.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is the executive floor, I think rooms are renovated and bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PepinaSuperSpy
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. Details and comments such as yours truly help us to improve our services and operations. As you noted in your Room Tip - we have renovated our guestrooms - not just the 4th Floor/Executive Level, but all guestrooms and have just completd placing wonderful new backlit bathroom mirrors you're sure to love.