“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was very convenient for my husband and I when we needed an affordable, clean hotel to stay for one night while visiting family. we had plans to go to a nearby local attraction and this hotel is quite convenient to several locations. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre, but at least there was yogurt and fruit. The bathroom was somewhat small, but it was remodeled (2011, I think) and clean. The only downside for us was that we were placed next to the elevators, which made it impossible to sleep in with the noise. I would stay here again, very affordable.

Room Tip: Request the top floor away from the elevators for less noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here on our recent vacation in California. First of all the Hotel is right on a really busy road, and a shady neighborhood. They are building a mall or something across the street so that is your view. Our window was crusted full of dirt and bird poop, really gross. The room was so tiny it was a joke. The bathroom was no bigger than a portable toilet, seriously. It consists of a tiny dirty shower, and a toilet the sink is outside the room. You can't even change your clothes without smacking your arms on things. The two double beds were crammed into the small space that there was really no room left in the room. The beds were so terrible hard and uncomfortable that by 5 in the morning our backs were killing us. Housekeeping was a nightmare! we would spend all day at the beach only to come back to an unmade room. One day we returned back tired and hungry after a long day out, and housekeeping still wasn't to our room. We were barely in the room when they knocked on our door and wanted to clean. We said it would be ten min till we could leave again, we at least had to use the restroom. The manager of housekeeping had the nerve to call 5 min later and say if we couldn't leave the room they wouldn't clean it because they were going home for the day. Like really? So we sat in the lobby for 45 min while they cleaned. The elevators take forever. The pool never had clean towels, and the pool itself was dirty, full of hair and leaves. Don't even bother with breakfast. They can only seat about 25 -30 people and the line was always way out in the hall. They ran out of everything, and didn't replace it, people were coughing all over the food, yuck. We went elsewhere, which is disappointing because having kids the free breakfast is a big perk. So all in all there was nothing good about this hotel, stay someplace else!!

Room Tip: Rooms are way too small, breakfast is a horrible experience, pool is gross
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JUAN G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buena Park. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We take great pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department managers. We hope to serve you better during your future visits to our hotel.

Thank you.

Flintshire UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had booked to stay 7 nights but extended it 9 once we had been there a few days. Really nice place to stay, nice staff, good location for access to attractions etc. Plenty of car parking. Extremely good breakfast buffet, ladies who run it make sure that nothing runs out and the tables are cleaned promptly. Would stay there again.

P.S. It's not obvious form the web site but they do have a self service laundry with 2 washing machine and 2 tumble dryers. All priced very reasonably.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patmed
Upstate, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was exactly what I needed, plus more! The room was lovely, even if the bathroom was a bit small. I didn't expect a frig or a microwave, but there was one and that came in super handy! The desk staff was always friendly, asking how my day was when I returned in the afternoon/evening, wishing me good morning when I came down for breakfast. Breakfast was great- the first morning, I didn't even have to make my own waffle! The staff was trying to make sure the waffles rolled out efficiently (it was busy!), so they were making them for us!
One thing that didn't bother me, but might bother others- you can hear the fireworks from Disneyland, loudly. I was surprised, but I could also see some of them from my room, so that was a bonus! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank jennk12312
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here a few days, I really liked the breakfast in the morning, we had waffles and eggs. Very helpful when you have two kids. The room was nice and staff was helpful and accommodating.
Could not rate it Excellent because when we turned on the air conditioner, it smelled a little musty.
Nice swimming pool for the kids; Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EHffromTx
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We booked this room as we were attending a wedding in the area and just needed a place to crash instead of driving the hour and a half drive home late at night. Upon check in, we were greeted by the friendly staff! As we are Marriott Rewards Silver members, we were upgraded to a suite automatically! The room was great! large, spacious, clean,and had very colorful, fun decor! I loved that we had TWO bathrooms! always a plus! the breakfast was meh. Every staff member we came across greeted us, and were very friendly! Would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa C
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This Fairfield Inn was very good as they always are. Clean room, clean halls, helpful staff. Being summer, the place was a bit congested with families and kids, but that is ok.

My only problem with this one is the lack of low carb options at breakfast. Instead of sausages, they offered sausage gravy along with a long line of cheap high carb choices. The only protein available for an Atkins dieter like me was the scrambled eggs. For $144 for the night, it seems there should be more than one food to eat.

I'd stay there again, but plan to pack in my own food for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business