“Nice room but breakfast room was a Zoo!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel because it was walking distance to my sister's house. Room must have been recently renovated, very nice. When checking in, it was obvious that the clerk gave me the standard response ("we are fully booked") to my inquiry regarding upgrade since she did not even bother to check the computer. I know that there are availabilities since I had checked their website that morning. No big deal as we were there for only one night.
Breakfast at 8:30 AM on a Sunday morning was a zoo, a line of at least 15 or more people, no vacant tables.....So-called turkey canadian bacon was not edible..Best to eat early, that is, if you all you want is a bagel, coffee and yogurt. parking is free.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed for five nights at this hotel.
The service of the staff is fantastic. They were happy to help any time we asked and were very friendly.
We took a family suite, 2 bedrooms, and the beds were comfortable.
There was a shuttle service to Disneyland which was free and we had 2 options in the morning for pick up and 2 in the evening for return. The lady who runs this service was Lupe and she was very friendly.
The breakfast was ok, pretty basic, but it was free! There were eggs, waffles, toast, cereal, coffee, tea, yogurt, fruit etc. There were a few people at breakfast but we always went early, we noticed it did get busy around 8.30am. Some people also took breakfast to their rooms.
We also used the laundry which was really handy, the change was easy to get at reception.
I would recommend this hotel based on good service and value for money, and would stay again if visiting Disneyland.

2  Thank meltraveller5
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Surprisingly quiet considering location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rates are pretty darned good. In Korean neighborhood so good international food right nearby, easy access to highways this was a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good value for your money. Lots of extra's for the family. Around the corner from Knott's Berry Farm, close by to Disneyland.

Staff is super friendly and really seems to appreciate your business.

Suite are nice, renovated and roomy, 2 bathrooms. Really surprising that the sofa does not pull out into a bed. A pull out sofa would make this hotel even more family friendly. Roll a way beds are very springy/lumpy, Ok for kids.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite if possible. If you want a view, avoid front of hotel which overlooks a constru...
1  Thank longingforord
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family stayed here for the first time after a visit to Knott's Berry Farm. The location was great and the price fair. The room was very clean and the beds/pillows were comfortable. It was also very quiet. I didn't care for the decor (orange & green) but that wouldn't keep me from staying here again. What I didn't care for was the breakfast. The space where breakfast is served is way too small for the number of people the hotel has to accommodate. The servers were constantly removing the serving bowls/trays to refill them (they were small as well), which left a lot of people standing around waiting and crowding the already small space. The coffee service is placed at the front of the buffet line which only adds to the congestion. Those trying to get food had to stand and wait behind those making coffee. I would suggest moving the coffee service into the lobby and adding more trays of food to the buffet line. It was so congested, by the time I sat down to eat, my food was cold. I was also disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. We ended up checking out earlier than planned because the water was too cold for the kids to swim.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went to Los Angeles for my son's USC graduation. Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim Buena Park for Marriott points and in order to stay at the same place my son and his family were staying, who were also going to Disneyland during the trip. Nice location with good restaurants close and freeway access right around the corner. Smaller outdoor pool (it was too cold when we were there to swim). Very friendly and helpful staff who after the first night moved us to a different room once we discovered a large gap under the door that let too much light and noise into the room. My wife wanted to just go buy some weather stripping and fix it ourselves but we brought it to the staff's attention and they took care of us right away. Very comfy beds and for a person who usually brings his own pillow, they have nice pillows too. We weren't able to try their breakfast but my son said it was quite good with a good variety to choose from. My wife and I are planning another trip when we can stay a bit longer and visit the local attractions and will stay at this hotel when we return.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room away from the elevators as we heard the elevater bells from our room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Super friendly staff, Target and restaurants close by (try the korean bbq & sushi next door). The online room descriptions are a little confusing. Call the front desk directly, our favorite room is the 1 king/2 queen 2ba family suite for $200. Easy drive to Disney and back as well as the science museum.

Room Tip: Definitely a high floor and on the west end of the property.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family