“Another nice stay but ...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Everything was as fine except i noticed it was pretty loud with music and people running around above us. The room is nice and we were all ready to go for a swim to wind down after a long drive and were surprised to find out the pool wasn't heated. Too cold so we skipped. The breakfast was just right for us. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My family took a trip down south from San Jose. Because our trip took awhile to get there, (I have 2 small kids), it required a late check in. We checked in at about 1030pm, and I was surprised to see a mass of people inside the lobby. There are a LOT of kids here, most likely because of the location this hotel is to Knott's Berry Farm. Anyway, we checked in and got to our room. Very disappointed to find out that once we lugged both kids up and our heavy luggage, our keys didn't work. Very frustrating that late at night. So I sent my husband down while I carried my youngest in my arms passed out asleep. We finally made it into our room and it was very small, but very clean. We had the 2 queen room. I felt very cramped and I was disgusted to see our bath towels neatly folded on the bathroom floor! Yikes! And the bathroom was also very tiny. We are not large people, but man was it crowded. The beds were pretty comfy, but the noise level was extremely loud. We could literally hear our neighbors talking and holding on a conversation right through our walls! And they weren't yelling. We could also hear the kids running up and down the halls late that night and early in the morning. So, if you value your sleep and space like I do, this is NOT the place to stay. If you are planning a Disneyland trip, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. I stay there every time! But we wanted to check out Knotts, so this is why we had stayed here. But here is what was the most disappointing part of it all. When I checked out, the staff member asked me how everything went, and when I politely explained that it was cramped and noisy, he responded with, "Well, that's what you should expect when it's spring break." Wow! FYI: I am a 2 Marriott timeshare owner and I'm surprised that this is how they treat their guests!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wrightkine
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Location is great if you are planning a trip to Knott's Berry Farm. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Good facilities including free WiFi, small pool & jacuzzi. Large clean rooms. Only real downside is breakfast, but I guess if you want a basic American breakfast, then it's passable. Can be noisey, given the location, expect lots of children!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This freshly renovated hotel offers convenience, clean and fresh rooms at reasonable price.
Close to freeway but far enough from noise, close to tourist destination and restaurants this place is certainly better choice then near by Holiday Inn

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Aleksandr M
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son and I stayed here during a mini-vacation at Disneyland. It is about 10 minutes from the park. The hotel doesn't charge for parking the way the hotels closer to the park do and the prices are better.

The room was very nice. Breakfast buffet was standard fare and was kept well stocked by attentive staff. Internet was free and worked well.

My only complaint was noise from the hallway. The gap under the door was large enough to place our morning paper under the door which means we heard EVERYTHING that went on in the hall. There were families with very young children who didn't seem to think keeping them from screaming while in the hall was necessary. It made it hard to fall asleep.

Some weather stripping around the doors would probably solve this problem and would be appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DbacksFn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is recently remodeled. It used to be a Hampton Inn and Suites the last time I stayed here. The room was clean. The bathroom was small, just room for the bathtub and toilet, but certainly usable. The free breakfast buffet was your standard eggs, cook your own waffle, muffins, toast, etc. Nothing fancy but edible. It's a little farther from the freeway than the nearby Holiday Inn and therefore quieter. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There is a Sizzler and Fudrucker's next door and a shopping center in walking distance with a Black Angus and Golden Nights restaurants and Target.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JNHTalent
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Before I go on my rant, I would stay here again and would not discourage anyone from staying here. Room was small, a little crammed and the beds were a little hard. Overall, the staff was nice, the hotel was clean. I had to contact guest services twice and they immediately attempted to resolve the issues. The internet was down the night I needed it, but was up and going the following day. The breakfast was okay, could have been better. The kitchen area is very small and we had to wait several minutes for more eggs and biscuits, but the kitchen staff appeared to be doing everything possible to keep up with the demand. I stayed here when it was the Hampton Inn and there wasn't much of a change.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family