“Great family hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights for our trip to Disneyland. The ladies who helped with the buffet breakfast in the morning were outstanding, and went above and beyond to accomodate guests. The housekeeping staff was also awesome. We always came back to an immaculate room, and the first day the housekeeper even arranged our toiletries that were scattered all over the sink area neatly on to a towel for safer keeping! Our room also had a good sized refrigerator and microwave, which was really convenient for reheating snacks for our kids. My only complaint would be about the temperature of the pool....my 2 year old and 4 year old REALLY wanted to go swimming, but the water was just too cold for them to go in. Other than that, absolutely no complaints. We will definitely be staying again.......and the cost per night could NOT have been any better!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marytaru

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are spacious and clean. The check-in is speedy. The staff is quite helpful and friendly (I've been there twice and plan to go again). The breakfast is adequate to good - typical hotel fare. Beds are firm enough to be comfy without being boards. Water pressure is average. Bathrooms are clean. Accessibility to highways is simple and close. There's a lot of places to eat nearby, and although the neighborhood has some transient elements, it seems safe and I've never had a problem there with walking around after dark or parking. Whenever I stay in the area, I choose this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor - view of the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank michael w
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here on business for a week and it is a average hotel. I did not see the marriott vibe here and it looked more like any other hotel. The break fast is not great and it is always crowded. It could be a little more spacious. The customer service is good, I arrived in early and they got me an early check in. I had forgotten my travel accessories like the toothbrush and paste, I requested one from the front desk. It is of very cheap quality, the bristles get tangled between the teeth. Dont use this one if you happen to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sgmkjsekar
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Now, i usually take bad reviews on here.. with a grain of salt.. but ... This hotel was horrible.. i ave it two stars because our room was clean.. and they had nice new comforters and comfortable beds..

we checked in for two nites with another couple and they did give us ajoining rooms. and the rooms we clean and new curtains and new bedspreads but that was about it..
the fridge in our room didn't work.. they had no closet, but they had a wardrobe in an odd place..

The major complaint was the NOISE!~!! omg the people in the hallways all hours of the nite.. you could hear EVERYTHING!! and then again at 5am... the doors had no sound barrier at all!!!
A car alarm went off in the middle of the nite for almost 45 minutes
There are police driving through the parking lot every 10-15 minutes..

We went down to the pool.. and the access is odd.. you have to go out into the parking lot around the building.. then through another gate, by the dumpster.. it was just weird.. the pool was clean.. and the hottub was clean.. we were the only ones in the pool so that was ok.. but.. the location was just interesting..

We went to knotts berry farm and they did have a shuttle if you were going there during the day.. but not if you were going to the frieghtfest at nite.. but its really close to there.. just up the street..

Breakfast.. UM.. not very good.. When we went there were alot of people and they didn't have much on the buffett.. they had a few muffins and only scrambled eggs.. seeing i can't eat eggs there wasn't much options for me.. i know its free breakfast.. but there was no meat option available.. they had yogurt and a few muffins..

The internet services were poor in the rooms and their "business center" that offered a computer couldn't access websites because the computer was too outdated...

Soo all in all not a good experience.. 2 days with no sleep.. and mcd's for breakfast when we were hoping to have breakfast included(part of the reason we stayed there for breakfast)

i was very disappointed in this fairfield inn!!! and i usually like fairfield..
Their coffee was horrible per my husband..

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper dont stay here!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christa N
EvelynW0211, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

The pool area is not located near a dumpster. This guest is most likely mistaking the pool equipment area which is fenced off next to the pool as a dumping area. I hope they did not throw any trash there!
Our hotel offers complimentary breakfast buffet with a different meat option each morning. In addition we offer scrambled eggs, home potatoes, english muffins, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, pastries, muffins, waffles, & granola. I'm very sorry to hear you went to McDonald's!
We offer adjoing rooms based upon availability and were able to honor this guest's request for such. The guest even stated the rooms were clean and comfortable but only grades us one star above their overall satisfaction.
As far as the noise is concerned, we share a parking lot with the Holiday Inn and do our best to monitor the lot. The Buena Park Police are kind enough to assist us with this and we are appreciative of that. We also monitor the hallways via security cameras from the front desk. Unfortunately these cameras do not offer sound, any internal noise complaint would need to be reported to the front desk in order for us to follow-up.
Our business center is top notch, unfortunately since they are shared computers it will not access some companies secured sites to conduct business. Other than that, our guests frequent the center and are able to print boarding passes, theme park tickets, & check personal e-mail, worry free.
As the newest hotel in Buena Park, we understand expectations are a bit higher for us and we strive to meet those expectations. We're very sorry this particular guest did not enjoy their stay with us and hope they give us another try when they visit the area again!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed for one night for a trip to Disneyland. This hotel is about 10-15 minutes from Disneyland. Our room was one of the big 2 room suites. One room had a king bed and the other 2 queen beds. The hallways were extremely muggy. You would leave your AC room and start sweating as soon as you hit the hallway.

Problem - When we arrived, both customer service agents were helping other customers. After about 4-5 minutes, one agent opened up, but he proceeded to do other paperwork and tasks. My "excuse me"s fell on deaf ears. After another 3-5 minutes, he said "oh, do you want to check in?" Really? I am just standing at the counter with my husband and three kids with our suitcases for fun??

Problem - Breakfast is awful. For less money, we have gotten much better breakfasts at other hotels. We even have stayed at other Fairfield Inns and had a great breakfast. (That was one of the reasons why I chose to stay at their hotel.) Breakfast consisted of eggs that had a funny aftertaste, overheated French toast sticks, bread/toast, fruit, OJ, milk, cereal, and apple juice. Not impressed!

I liked the bigger room, but I won't be coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and spacious and there were a lot of spaces for parking. We stayed for 5 nights in the 2 bedroom suite, Room 224. One bedroom has 1 king bed and full bathroom while the other bedroom has 2 queen beds and a full bathroom. There was a flat screen TV in each room as well as separate controls for the air conditioning. In the king room there was a huge counter space that we put our regular sized coffee pot along with food items on. In the queen room, there was a microwave, mini frig, vanity, and desk. Housekeeping kept the rooms spotless and well stocked with towels, sample shampoo, cream rinse, and hand cream. I must say the room was very spacious and the beds were comfortable! It was quiet as it is at the end of the hall.

The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. Our shower head started squirting the ceiling and it was fixed by the time we got back from an outing as well as a message from the engineer telling us he had fixed the problem and if there were any more issues, to please call. The hotel has free wifi along with a couple of computers and printers that are in the lobby that are free to use. The breakfast consisted of eggs, potatoes, muffins, bagels, juice, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, and milk.

This hotel is close to all the freeways, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, the Beaches, Hollywood, etc. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was good but not great. Staff was friendly most of time. I had expected more for the rate I paid, especially the breakfast. The hot breakfast consisted of the infamous watery Army T-Ration eggs and cold potatoes. The room was clean; I had to have toilet 'supposedly' serviced, when flushed, water would rise in bowl to bottom lip and never flush completely. Yes, I did inform front desk. Hallway loud due to kids running up, down screaming. This is a non smoking hotel, however, when I opened door there was a smoke smell. I notified front desk who said they would send up someone to check hallway for smoke. Oh well, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business