“Great hotel, friendly staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
“Great hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Satyed here in May of 2012 on a business trip. Very clean hotel, good parking spacious rooms, good price. The location was easy to find and had good access. We would definatly stay here agan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeffrey B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We bring a large group of middle schoolers here every year while we go to Disneyland and Knott's. They are always very accomodating and provide a great breakfast and great service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank lcb22
Indio, California
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After reading all the reviews good and bad didn't know if I should book here. I'm used to staying at marriotts that have a kitchen but since it has complimentary breakfast and free parking as well as a shuttle for free to disneyland and knotts i said i will give it a chance. i will be staying this thursday for one night just to try it out. I'll let you know how my stay goes.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cawa76025
Ridgefield
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for six nights and it was clean and comfortable. We had a two room suite with two bathrooms, and as a mom of a teenage girl, this was perfect. The two beds were both in the same room, which is odd, and the couch was not a fold out. But we managed around that issue (movable mattress). The room was exceptionally clean, as were the bathrooms and the hotel lobby. It was quiet except for a few guests but we had the fan on anyway so they were not heard. The breakfast was different every day we ate there and it was good and there was a wide variety of items. The staff was nice and pleasant during our stay. We were only 10 minutes from Disneyland so it was very convenient if you don't want to stay right at the park. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room to minimize noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KEE_12
San Diego Ca
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I had read pretty good reviews about this place. However, it was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. The people across the way partied loudly all night long. I knocked twice and asked the noisy party to quiet down. I called the Front Desk 3 times. Finally, at 5:15 am (I had to get up at 6:00) a Manager finally shut them up. I figured I would be met with very contrite and apologetic staff the next morning. But I got the absolute opposite reaction. The "Night Manager" was incredibly rude, inappropriate, and insulting. He made no attempt to apologize or make things right. He blamed me for not calling more frequently.
He refused to provide any Customer Service number for Marriott, saying it was a "franchise." So, after a night of not sleeping and awful treatment from the Night Manager, I get a call from an Assistant Manager who offers me $25.00 off the room rate. Are you kidding me? What an insult. I then talked to the Manager, who had a very similar attitude. She doubted that I called 3 times and stated that her staff had a “different story.” She should have checked the phone records before calling a guest a liar. Finally, I called Customer Service with Marriott. I am very relieved because they treated me with dignity and respect….things I had grown accustomed to as a guest at Marriott. They were very responsive. Initially, I was going to write that I would pick another hotel chain in the future, because Buena Park Fairfield Inn so tarnished the name for me. But because of the kind responsiveness of Customer Service, I will stay loyal to Marriott. However, stay at this hotel with CAUTION. I know I never will again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel. Or ensure there are no noisy guests prior to checking in.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank destinationdoc
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Quality of the room was exactly what you expect from a Fairfield Inn and a Marriott brand hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. My reservation was made via the Marriott web site and I requested extra pillows and they were there when I checked in.

The hotel is newly renovated and used to be a Hampton Inn so the furnishings are new.

The hotel was very busy. I checked in at 11:00 PM on a Friday night and there were more people needing assistance than the haggared looking front desk person could handle. Despite that he was polite and efficient and effective with each guest.

It is a hotel that services a tourist crowd so be prepared for kids and teens in the halls at hours that you may want to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hikerlv76
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

we just checked in tonight and I wanted to review while fresh in my mind. The man at the front desk was very cold . I was told at check in my kids were an extra $10.00 each , I was never told that at time of reservation and with a prepaid reservation , what choice did I have. I have never been charged extra for a child. The beds are hard as a rock, we did not get our extra pillows or towels requested either. I am very disapointed.

Room Tip: choose someplace else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family