“Amazing value.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Here on business. Clean, located walking distance from most every need. Totally impressed with the value.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmymacz
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park

Reviewed January 30, 2012

very clean, nice and spacious rooms. pleasant staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tsljh
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed at this multi-story hotel Jan 2012. It is in a convenient location near Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland, and just off the freeway. The hotel is clean and managed well and our room (223) was clean, well lit and equipped. Although the freeway is a short distance away, there was no noise from it. The only reason I give this hotel a 4 rating instead of 5 is that there was two school sports teams booked into the hotel at the same time we were there. There was considerable noise in the halls late (we were with 6 year old children). And in the morning at breakfast time, there were roughly 50 teenagers in the breakfast area eating. They were lined up against the walls, sitting in the hall, in the lounge area, in the front desk area, etc. We could not even reach the area that had the food. From 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. it was almost impossible to get into the area. Also the bathroom was very small (toilet and shower is separate room; sink in bedroom.

Room Tip: Our room 223, was on the front of the hotel where we could see our car. This room faces Orangethorp...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed here after a recent visit to Knott's Berry Farm. The hotel was a mile away from the theme park, which was extremely convenient. My room was extremely spacious and clean, and my bed was super comfy. The parking was free as well, which is always nice to have. No complaints whatsoever, I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank depechegirl02
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I found the room to be more than adequate. I've read that they recently renovated this hotel and it shows. The Marriott name once again shines through!
My room was GREAT! I enjoyed having the desk next to the large flat screen tv. (Small fridge was below the tv unit.)

What else can you say! FREE WI-FI and full breakfast in the morning...it doesn't get any better than this.

I never got a chance to use the pool. It's outside and looked a little small to me.

The fitness center...well...it's a hotel fitness center. I didn't expect anything more. I actually drove a few miles away and worked out at the "24 Hour Fitness".

I will definitely book a room at this hotel again when I'm in town!!! (BTW...my stay was for 5 nights)

**SPECIAL NOTE FOR MARRIOTT**

I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing water spray of the shower heads but I feel they should be changed out and switched over to a low flow type (2.5 GPM). We need to conserve as much water as possible. Especially in drought ridden Southern California. Thank You!!!

Room Tip: I found I got the BEST rate by going directly to Marriotts website. I imagine that the rooms lo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank purple97cat
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We used our Marriott points and get upgraded to the king suite.

Room:
There are 2 full bathrooms, 2 TVs, a larger-than-dorm-size mini fridge, microwave, and even enough room for 2 kids to run around.
Room is clean with bright color furniture, bathrooms are a bit small but we're only staying for 3 days so it didn't bother us.
An extra rollaway bed is $10 per night.
Our room is very close to the elevator and we can hear a lot of people walking and talking on the hallway.

Location:
The hotel is not too far away from highway 5. It's less than 10 mins from Disney and less than 5 mins from Knott Berry Farm. There's a Target on the other side of Beach Blvd. You can also find fast food places (e.g. Subway) around.
** Free round trip shuttle to the Disney and Knott Berry Farm that goes out twice in the morning and evening, we didn't take advantage of this because we want to come back before 6pm (the earliest returning shuttle)

Service:
We were greeted by Raymond when we checked in and he's very nice, making the process smooth and he took the time to explain the hotel amenities to us.
Free continental breakfast is served until 9 or 9:30am. Limited hot food (scrambled egg and gravy), cereal, oatmeal, the only fruits are banana and green apple, coffee, juice, tea, bagel, muffin. The line can be long but they replenish the food pretty quick.
Outdoor pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: get a room far from the elevator so you'll hear less people walking and talking
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tomatobaby
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have stayed here many times before when it was a Hampton Inn and I liked it better then. Sure the rooms are refurbished and spruced up a little now, but the direct lies told by the front desk clerks can't overcome that. Room looks nice and new, but small. Bathroom is virtually unusable. Sink is tucked into a walled in area (see picture), no sink space to lay things and shower/toilet room door opens right into anyone at the sink. Shower/toilet room is a dank dark cave, spend a few bucks and put a higher wattage light in there. Breakfast was unappealing and too many screaming running uncontrolled kids there. Parents did nothing to try to control them. Now the direct lie by the front desk night person. There were NO vending machines on the floors, they force you to come down and buy from their "shop" at terribly inflated prices. There must have been maybe 50 bottles of soda in the refrig, but only 1 bottle of diet anything. I asked the front desk clerk if he had any diet soda and he said we don't stock it--vendors do, what is there is what we have. The next morning I asked the manager and she said that wasn't true, they have soda and the clerk should have gotten you one. I guess you should never trust night clerks who could care less about their job and customer satisfaction. Needless to say, unless Hampton Inn rebuys this property, I will never stay there again. Can't give it more than the lowest rating even if the rooms do "look" nice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you value people telling you the truth.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business