“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Jefferson, Iowa
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Clean, near I-5, near Knott's, across the street from Medieval Times, nice rooms, nice beds, nice shower, nice parking, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jimfromiowa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We stayed here on our little trip to the theme parks Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. We also wanted to go to Medieval Times for dinner, we choose this place because it was close to our two destinations, and decided to get a taxi to Disneyland (approx $30 each way inc tip). Hotel was lovely, nice clean room, very comfy king size bed, good shower, coffee making facilities only. Room had been retrofitted to bring it up to fashion, but it was done tastefully. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of a 2 week vacation and we were very happy with the hotel, the location and the staff. The room, the linens and the hotel overall were clean and the staff was friendly. We didn't get to use the pool, but we did utilize the hot tub and it was wonderfully relaxing. The location of the hotel is a bit far from downtown Los Angeles, and the traffic getting to LA was not great, but that was ok with us. We didn't want to be in the busyness of "city" life. We liked that this Courtyard was a distance away because it gave us more of an opportunity to sightsee. Knott's Berry Farm Park is really close as is Disneyland. There is also a Walmart and a mall nearby and a Target and Outback next door. The hotel had plenty of parking and was easy to get to. I liked that the cups in the room were the styrofoam kind wrapped in plastic. I think those are safer and cleaner than the glass ones. There is a single cup coffeemaker in the room as well as a refrigerator. The only bad part about the fridge was the controls - had a 2 hour quick chill feature and then it went off for about 8 hours. That was a bit strange and didn't really keep the water that we bought very cold, but it was cold enough for us. The shower head was nice and worked properly and the water pressure was great. The only negatives - which did not alter our trip in any way: there is no in-room safe, no mirror in the main area (only in the bathroom which isn't good for my hot flashes) and they didn't have any flavored creamer for the free coffee in the lobby. Again, not a big deal, I just don't like regular creamer so I skipped the coffee altogether - I'm not a coffee addict and only wanted it because it was there.
Overall, we had a great stay at this Courtyard. The staff, the location, the price and the hotel itself was great. I'd stay here again if I ever make it back to the LA area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I stayed here one night because I had a conference at the Kotts Berry Farm Resort hotel and booked a room on Priceline (twice I have gotten that hotel for about $50 a night) and this time I got the Courtyard. It was clean, nice, a free business center for me to print stuff and if you wanted to visit the Knotts park you could walk there and save on parking fees.

I would enthusiastically recommend to business travelers (the Knott's resort doesn't have a functioning business center and I had my wallet stolen at a conference at the Holiday Inn down the street and would discourage people from staying there, so this was the best I have experienced in the area). Also, would be great for families looking to enjoy all the parks in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank DenverMommy
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This hotel is just what I was looking for when I went to LA: quiet, friendly staff and guests, nice bedroom and toilet, good internet connection, complimentary parking. The only two negative points I can think of are: (1) the distance to the main LA sites: beaches, Hollywood, etc. With no traffic, it takes about half an hour to go from Buena Park do Downtown LA. But there is almost always some traffic, so you can take up to two hours. (2) Breakfast not being complimentary. Although a very good one (cereal, fruit, hot dishes, coffee, juices), paying $13 each day for breakfast makes it a little expensive.
But overall I give the hotel five stars, and I would definitely recommend it, if you'll rent a car and don't mind getting a little traffic. If I went back to LA, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I am a very picky traveler. As I checked in they only had outside rooms for the room type I asked for. But, immediately when I shared my concern, they asked me if a double would be OK, and they moved me. Jill in the restaurant reminded me to smile when I would come to get breakfast. What a great way to start the day. The desk staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants. The room was clean and operational. For the price I was paying and being there 4 days, I would highly recommend this hotel. Exercise Room could use a fan, but was functional.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Buellton, California
Reviewed October 26, 2009

It was located right across from Medieval Times! Great location and hot breakfast with make your own waffles. Kids loved it! A bit loud being near Knott's Berry Farm - if noise bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side from the park. Clean rooms and friendly staff. It seemed a bit on the expensive side (maybe 10-15 dollars too much?), but with the free breakfast, I guess it evened out. There are no video games on the tv, but there is a mini fridge.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family