“Great B-fast and easy walk to Knotts”

Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was the perfect spot for a trip with my pre-teen, another mom and her pre-teen. I bought a deal that included the breakfast. There was a full hot breakfast and even a "make your own waffles" that the kids loved. It is right across the street from Medieval Times and about 3 blocks to Knotts Berry Farm. We had 2 cars since we met there...so it was important to find a hotel that did not charge for parking. The hotel had plenty of free parking. Our room was quiet enough and dark enough. The bathroom as a bit tight for 4 women... but we made it work. The free internet made up for it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Functional hotel, small room, even smaller balcony. The hotel is on a busy road, but it is conveniently located in the heart of Orange County. I think that for the price -if you need to stay in this location- you should consider it. Don't expect anything fancy, but the service will not let you down.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed here for a total of three nights with my family of four. I took one of the vacation deals that they had on the Marriott website which I prepaid the room in advance which I will recommend anyone not to do. The hotel is a bit rundown and does have a musty smell to it. As I walked into the room I almost cried since I was here to relax for my birthday and there was no room for my toddler to run around in. To my luck there were wires that were hanging from the ac which my toddler could easily get a hold of so we were moved to a two queen bed room that same night. The following day we had a plumbing issue in the room the water would not go down the drain in the shower. This delayed us all morning until maintenance let us know that we needed to be moved to another room. Moved my luggage for the third time to another room. I wanted a refund, I wanted to checkout but didn't want to pay extra money so I stayed. They couldn't accommodate me to another Marriott since I got the Special Deal Promo on the website. The only good thing about this hotel is how friendly the maintenance and front dest employees are. They are very professional and tried to resolve issues quickly. Spend a few more dollars on another hoter or stay at a Motel 6 which is better than this.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank YADI79
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I along with our 3 young children recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while we visited Knotts Berry Farm. As soon as we entered the lobby, we were greeted by a very friendly clerk who got us to our room within minutes, we had a beautiful courtyard view of the gazebo and pool. The room was just what I was hoping for. Clean, fresh smelling, cool(the ac worked perfectly), the beds were comfortable, and there were tons of pillows :)

Within walking distance of Knotts Berry farm and Mideval times, plenty of restaurants and fast food nearby. Also only about 25 minutes from the beach. Overall great experience, would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to any families who are looking for a great hotel at a great price!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a trip around the US last summer. Good location, bit hairy to get in sometimes as it was just off a busy highway! Bit of a trek around the block again if you miss the turn! Right next to Knotts Berry Farm and near to Disneyland. Great base for our travels around the state. No restaurant in hotel but Burger King and Outback Steakhouse (which we LOVE!) just out the back of the hotel. Breakfast lovely, waitress and all staff very pleasant and friendly. We had a problem at check-in, the room we were allocated had a broken air-conditioning unit so it was VERY warm, but as soon as we mentioned it, we were given another roon immediately, which was actually in a better location overlooking the pool. Bedroom furniture a little old but kept clean. We did notice the noise! There were a lot of kids running around a couple of nights which was a bit of a problem the night before we left for an early flight! Overall, a good stay in a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2009

My husband, 7 year old and I stayed at this hotel for a trip to Knott's Berry Farm. The hotel is in a really good location to go to Knott's, Disney (7 miles away), Ripley's Believe It Or Not and the dinner shows (pirates or knights). There are also restaurants within an easy walk such as Po' Folks.

The hotel itself is a bit run down. It has a musty smell in the rooms and corridors. It was very clean and the room itself was fine with a small balcony. There is also complimentary internet in the room, free parking and a free computer in the lobby. It also has guest laundry facilities, a decent work out facility and an outside pool and indoor spa.

All in all it served it's purpose in terms of location but I wouldn't want to spend an extended time there if you are looking for luxury.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chimera22
Reviewed August 3, 2008

VERY IMPRESSED. Starting with the staff as soon as we walked in. From the Front desk attendants to the maintanence crew, all were very professional, welcoming & accomodating. Rooms are nice, clean & very comfortable. Updated bathroom, vanity and very "walk barefoot" clean carpet. When we first walked in our room we were greeted with a fresh, clean flowery scent, and temperature was perfect. Acually, every time we came back to the room after it was cleaned, it was like walking in the very first time. it was great!
Everything worked, had no problems with anything. No noise from either side of the room or bathroom noise. The property is well maintained inside and out. The courtyard is beautiful and tranquil, with a sparkling pool. (Our room was steps away from the pool). The hotel is off the busy street but when your in the courtyard you don't hear traffic.
The hotel is walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm/Waterpark, among other eating places.
I am the type of traveler that notices everything, and has stayed in lots of hotels and resorts. This Marriott impressed me to no end. We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank la17travel