“Clean, Friendly, Handy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Sun City, Arizona
“Clean, Friendly, Handy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Nice hotel near Knotts Berry Farm walking distance for bad knees 60 year old. That means it really close, ha ha...Lobby very modern nice feel, touch screen for information was a nice touch and handy. Very quiet, really great bed, close to self parking area for car also no charge for parking in LA that nice. Did not use the free internet so I have no imput there, but indoor hottub was nice, staff really friendly and smiles from everyone. Overall nice visit!

Room Tip: Rooms like 124 are great close to side door entrance handy to load and unload from parking area. Whi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hamilton Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Very nice lobby and entrance. Recently updated with a real modern flair. Service was fine, and they called to make sure room was acceptable.
The answer was yes. Nothing major to make it not, but it just was several little things that would make me want to look somewhere else next time. I was on the first floor at the rear of the hotel. The rooms have sliding doors that open to the rear parking lot. They only open a small distance, but it is not something I was really comfortable with.
The room was a king with a couch, desk and big, flat screen tv. The couch has a lot of wear, rips. The bed was excellent, lots of pillows and clean comfy sheets. The room had several lights, and felt bright enough. The bathroom was a toilet, tub/shower in one room and the vanity/sink area just outside. The vanity lighting was poor. The sink had black dust/grime all over it when i arrived. I just wiped it out, but the next day it was back. I don't know what element of the cleaning process would produce this, but recommend they look into it. Kinda nasty!
There was plenty of free parking and rear entries into the hallways. The hallways were dark, but i never felt unsafe.
My biggest issue was the slamming doors and noise from room above. The noise carried through the room. I never heard anything from rooms next door, but above was very loud.

The location is great, easy access to 91 and 5. Can walk to Burger King and Outback, and many other tourist areas are within driving distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank twowisekids
temecula
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

We just stayed her for 1 night. I booked this hotel and was told I got the last room. We went Disneyland and spent the day, had a late check in around 10pm. When we got to the hotel it seemed nice not to far away. The check in was easy and parking was close to room and free.
The room was large and seemed very clean. I only had 1 problem with the room. The bathroom smelled like mold. Upon further looking there was a section of wall paper next to the tub that was pinned down with a push pin. So my hubby removed the pin and the wall was covered in mold. It was really bad and smelled. I was so worn out after a full day that I had him repin it and we turned on the fan and closed the door. Plus when I booked the room I was told I got the last room. So the next morning we got up and checked out. My husband talked to the hotel and they gave a discount on the room for our inconvience. Our concern was that they fix the problem. It appeared to have some type of leak. I feel bad because overall the hotel is older but it has been remodeled and was nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. They seemed concerned and stated it would be taken care of. The Bistro was great and the grounds and lobby area very nice. I would stay here again but I would not deal with this type of situation again. I would report the situation upon getting in the room, regardless of how tired I was or fear of not having a room. Because this is should not happen. Someone should have taken care of the problem long before we stayed there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Helmantoler
Joshua Tree, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is standard marriott courtyard hotel. 2 story. pool in courtyard. breakfast served in am cost- plenty of parking,no chg, rooms were clean and comfy-close to knotts farm and medieval castle down the block. also freeway close.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the grassy courtyard, they are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a no-frills hotel that's very near many attractions including Knottsberry Farm and Disneyland. Malls and restaurants are withiin 5 minutes. It has a nice pool in the courtyard. I liked that it had an open fire place... however, it was not working when I went there.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room - it has direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sonny H
charlotte nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I rate this one 3 out of 5 its very clean and close to all attractions. This is a great one for knots berry farm.Medeval Times and Pirate Show. Just across the street from both shows only 1 mile from Knots Berry Farm. Its clean well maintained just a few repairs needed to be finished.Only little thing the elevator needs to be marked better. Iknow very small detail.Nice pool and small fitness area and hot tub.Starbucks very close by as well.

Room Tip: To save a few dollars starbucks oatmeal and a coffee 1 block away worth the trip.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cruiserttd
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I walk in the hotel to check in the lady ammeditally takes my paper because my brother works for the marriot company so it was a discount sheet!! anyway she takes it to her manager and they both come out to tell me the paper does not look rite its a little off so we cant accept it. I was all ready shocked to see that I was trying to scam them or something its a freaking marriot discount paper!!!! I mean HELLOW!!!!!! the manager said she doesnt feel rite with the info on the paper. So I had to call my brother the general manager of the springhill suites he was also shocked and thought these people r nuts!!! but we got it taken care of after faxing a new paper to there hotel. while I was waiting at the service desk while the girl was checking me in, she told me to back off she didnt feel comfortable around me I made her feel uncomfortable seriously? these people were the worst workers I have ever been to at a marriot hotel!!! So if I were u DO NOT BOOK AT THE COURT YARD BUENA PARK ANAHIEM even if it is cheap I rather have nice people helping me then these jerks!!! Also the room and hall was really funky like powerful smoke the table was broken!!! and when I checked out the same girl that was working the night shift was staring at me when I walking out of the building!!

• Stayed February 2012