“Comfy Beds And close to everything!!!”

Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I rate this one 3 out of 5 its very clean and close to all attractions. This is a great one for knots berry farm.Medeval Times and Pirate Show. Just across the street from both shows only 1 mile from Knots Berry Farm. Its clean well maintained just a few repairs needed to be finished.Only little thing the elevator needs to be marked better. Iknow very small detail.Nice pool and small fitness area and hot tub.Starbucks very close by as well.

Room Tip: To save a few dollars starbucks oatmeal and a coffee 1 block away worth the trip.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cruiserttd
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I walk in the hotel to check in the lady ammeditally takes my paper because my brother works for the marriot company so it was a discount sheet!! anyway she takes it to her manager and they both come out to tell me the paper does not look rite its a little off so we cant accept it. I was all ready shocked to see that I was trying to scam them or something its a freaking marriot discount paper!!!! I mean HELLOW!!!!!! the manager said she doesnt feel rite with the info on the paper. So I had to call my brother the general manager of the springhill suites he was also shocked and thought these people r nuts!!! but we got it taken care of after faxing a new paper to there hotel. while I was waiting at the service desk while the girl was checking me in, she told me to back off she didnt feel comfortable around me I made her feel uncomfortable seriously? these people were the worst workers I have ever been to at a marriot hotel!!! So if I were u DO NOT BOOK AT THE COURT YARD BUENA PARK ANAHIEM even if it is cheap I rather have nice people helping me then these jerks!!! Also the room and hall was really funky like powerful smoke the table was broken!!! and when I checked out the same girl that was working the night shift was staring at me when I walking out of the building!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed overnight before driving back north to San Francisco. So, we left at about 4am and only got to sleep there for about 6 hours. However, I was quite impressed with the staff's ability to make sure we had everything we needed. I had called earlier in the day to cancel one of our two rooms and made sure they knew we still needed a crib in our room. I asked if it would be possible to make sure that it was in the room when we got there since we would need it right away. When we arrived, the crib was not only in our room, but also set up and fitted sheets already on it. Not all Courtyards do that for you. The staff were nice and helpful and the rooms were clean and seemed a little larger than some Courtyards. We were happy with our stay even if it was short.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank coldwatersurfgirl
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Kind courteous staff. Our room was on the first floor right next to the pool. I can understand that some people wouldnt like the room there because of the noise some people can make outside, but it didnt bother us. We were usually out the door before any noise could wake us up.

It is in a convenient location to knotts berry farm, a straight, comfortable walk to the park. There is also lots of food around the area from fast food to steak houses. Also very near bus stops if you plan on saving a couple of bucks and bussing instead of driving or taxi.

The stay was comfortable, clean and everything was in working order. The room was beautiful. No complaints. Had a great stay.

Room Tip: If you dont like pool noise, dont stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Candizz
Reviewed November 22, 2011

we hadd a wonderful stay the breakfast was awesome,the pool even though it was to cold to swim ,the plyground was a wonferful idea for the lil ones i love that i requested for more towels nd a microwave nd i got it so fast the game room can b up graded nd put some screens on the windows that is so dangerous to have the windows open nd no screen on windows with small children in there but our stay was lovely i would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TB38
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Both times I stayed at this hotel, the disinfectant smell very strong to the point of having an allergic reaction. I tried to air it out and ended up sleeping with the slding glass door open. The second time I stayed, I called ahead and asked that the room be aired out ahead of time. The sliding glass door was open, but as soon as I closed it, the smell overwhelmed me again. So I had to pop the Benadryl again.

I can't carry suitcases up and down staircases anymore. The elevators are on both sides of the hotel, but nowhere near the lobby. There is no handicapped parking near these side entrances. So to park in handicapped, you park near the front lobby, and then lug your suitcase/computer bag through 1/4 of the hotel. If you park anywhere close to the sides where the elevators are, you go through entrances that are quite dark. Traveling solo, this made me feel unsafe. I won't stay at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Lepha
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Isn't it wonderful when a hotel exceeds your expectations?! That was certainly the case with this pleasant pick in So. Cal. My criteria when reviewing options in the area:

1. Small-ish property with large-ish rooms; free WiFi in room; convenient parking
2. Nice pool/outdoor area that has grass and plants instead of huge amounts of concrete.

The Courtyard in Buena Park was the perfect choice for our 4 night stay when visiting family in the area. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which offered plenty of room to sit and visit in comfort. The microwave and small refrigerator came in handy for keeping drinks and snacks on hand.
We also enjoyed breakfasts and 1 light dinner in the lobby bistro restaurant, which had individual TV's in each booth. The recently remodeled lobby area was very nice, with 4 big computers for guest use, free coffee and newspapers, and good seating areas for relaxing.
We were there at all different hours, and invariably the staff was friendly and helpful.

My favorite aspect, however, was the central courtyard area. The nice-sized pool had patio-style chairs & tables, plus loungers with plush, bright blue pads. It was surrounded by lush green grass and attractive plantings. There were 2 other outdoor gathering spots, also.
One was a modern "outdoor living room" surrounding a fire pit (out of order during our stay) that was an extension of the lobby. The other, near our room, was a covered gazebo area with a patio table and several chairs. Several times we sat here with quick "to go" meals from fast food places that were within walking distance. The convenient guest laundry room was also near our room.

The next time we visit the area I won't have to spend hours and hours looking at reviews and hotel websites. I already know where we will be staying!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family