“Fourth star for price.”
Review of Colony Inn

Colony Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed January 13, 2012

An average hotel, much like anywhere else we've stayed over our month in USA. So, 3 stars for average. But add to that an extra star for cost (we paid $55 per night) and proximity to Knotts.

Minor issues with hand basins not draining well but of no significance. Friendly staff, nice basic continental breakfast and large spacious room.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Organs

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Initially went to Portola motel, which was a major disappointment (the room smelled of sweat and the bathroom was the worst), bailed on that and went to this motel, and it was a major upgrade in price, cleanliness, and location.... we will be back again if in the area...very happy with the decision. Our trip to Knotts was saved because of this.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bemindful01
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The hotel has been renamed to Colony Inn and unfortunately the new management and name didn't put any money into it. The rooms were poorly cleaned with a lot of lint and noticeable dust. The sheets were worn and definitely many years old. There were no Geese harmed in the making of their tiny pillows. Honestly, the pillows you receive on the airlines are more comfortable than these ones. On a positive note, the gentlemen at the front desk were kind. The only reason we stayed here is because the Knott's Berry Resort was fully booked.
I rated this hotel 2 stars only because it is right across the street from Knott's Berry Farm, which is about the only thing going for it. If you are going to spend the majority of your time out and all the other hotels within walking distance are full, than this one will serve its purpose.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 3r1ch
Reviewed December 21, 2011

It's a perfect stay and the manager was very helpfull. I reserved for me and my children that hotel beause is near the park Knott's berry farm. At the front desk you can reserve the tickets and pay by cash with special price and also I pay for Sea World and Universal Studio. I will come back again with a family group.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ADT T
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Room was around $55 right across Knotts next to a Walgreens. The room was spacious with a microwave and fridge, the bed was typical, comfortable enough, Wifi and the offered a continental breakfast( toast, muffins, cereal, oj, apple juice and coffee ) I really don't have nothing bad to say about this motel except that they can use more employees for better service. I mean, if I was in the area, this would be the place for me.

• Stayed: April 2011
6  Thank Raw_BZ
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I saw some horrible reviews & a few good reviews about this motel before I checked in cos I needed to visit the Knott's berry farm during the memorial week end. As this motel was conveniently located minutes of walk away from the park, I took the chance with some skepticism. To my pleasant surprise the service was pretty good, the room was quite spacious with comfortable beds with many amenities at your disposal. free breakfast (Cannot grumble at all for what I paid!). All in all it was a pleasing experience. I believe the management has made an effort to improve the standards of the hotel.
I truly understand that everyone cannot be pleased. But I truly was pleased & I am so glad that I stayed. For the 69 bucks I paid, I need I ask for anything more? Hell no!!!! I 'd gladly go back there again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank John77SanDiego
Reviewed July 25, 2010

FYI: Do Not Be Fooled By The So Called Great Reviews!

CONS: pubic hairs & long hairs embeded into all of the bedding, heavy stains on all bedding, walls dirty, t.v didnt work, found baby roaches in the bath room at nite, one bed had a huge indent on mattress, pillows were stained yellow, mattress stained, people living at the hotel SO Loud at nite.

PROS: close to knotts( about 5-10 min walk), free parking, managers at front desk friendly.

We are not picky people of course things are not going to be perfect, but this was beyound ridiculous. We did not check out because it was 9pm when we got to our room and our 3yr old was passed out cold after a long day at knotts, thank god we brought bedding from home in case we needed extra. That nite we complained to the manager and he gave us a 50% discount, even after that trust me it was still not worth it.We won'tbe staying here ever again.

Breakfast: blueberry & banana nut muffin, oj, apple juice,milk,lucky charms,corn flakes

We Recommend: RAMADA AT THE MAINGATE DISNEYLAND wehave stayed here several times and have always been completely happy

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family