“Worn down hotel good for cheap stay”

Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Cypress, California, United States
“Worn down hotel good for cheap stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel is worn down and needs some serious maintenance to bring it to the level of appearance where I would feel comfortable suggesting that someone I know stay here in the future. The room was clean but because it was worn down it gave off a grungy appearance. There were broken park benches in front of the rooms and the soda machine was empty for the two days I stayed there. The room lacked basic amenities like an alarm clock and an iron. I did ask at the front desk for an iron and they went and bought me one. That was really nice but I ended up having to iron on the desk. The hotel says they offered free breakfast but placing a box of doughnuts on a counter does not qualify as offering a free breakfast. I was very disappointed by this. Overall, the room was cheap ($50) for this area but in this case, you do get what you paid for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had a great experience staying here and visiting Knox Berry Farm. Customer Service was awesome, I felt I was taken care during my stay. People complain about breakfast but I had no problem with that. I had breakfast all the days I stayed even after going late some days. Overall I think it is worth the price you pay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Not a bad location if you are going to Knotts Berry Farm or Disneyland. Best part of this stay was the night staff was very friendly, and the weekend staff too, the day staff was very rude and if you asked them something then it was an inconvience. The website says it has a breakfast, well milk was warm, donuts gone, so if your kids will eat corn flakes dry you are ok. Room seemed ok, but bathroom had mold. We just slept here and left, price was cheap and that is what we got.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank azmom74
Utah
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I read the reviews and was thinking this was more or less a simple hotel & a place to sleep.... Well honestly it was a place to sleep but it was horrioble. We arrived & checked in the lady didn't really say anything to me at check in, customer service was seriously lacking, but I thought well ok. Then we went into the room, the decor is older & very simple- Thats fine, what wasn't ok was that all the windows were cracked open along the hotel- This isn't the safest part of town, you drive out of the disneyland area into a more run down part of town., Anyway once we walked in I realized why. The rooms were all muggy & musty smelling. They were humid to the point my hair went flat! I wasn't about to sleep with both windows unlocked so I closed them & turned on the air, the thermostat wasn't working well so I would have to get up through out the night to turn off the air, It was appx 50 degree's outside so the air wasn't to keep us cool, but to get the musty smell and humidity out of the room. The carpet is sticky feeling, probably from the humidity...The beds were hard and uncomfortable. We did have 3 beds, which was nice since we are a family of 5 staying there. It did have a microwave & mini fridge. We have stayed at days inn hotels in the past & they have always been very clean & simple. This place is a dump! We were in a non-smoking room, but there was a bench outside that people would come & sit on & then smoke, so when the window was open smoke was coming in. Pros: It has beds, microwave & fridge.. Cons: Breakfast doesn't start until 7am, so if you are going to Disney for opening time, you won't get breakfast. Breakfast was donuts & corn flakes & fruit loops & toast. Coffee. No juice or even water, no fruit, no muffins ... etc.. This is a very basic hotel. 10-15 minute drive disneyland depending on traffic, a lot closer to Knott'sBerry Farm. Really if I had not already prepaid the non-refundable rate I would not have stayed. I paid almost $75 per night- That was highway robbery for what we got!

Room Tip: Honestly I would not recommend this to anyone....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tebbs1220
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2012

A big sign out front says "Weekly Rates" Which should have been our first clue to stay away. The people seemed nice but kind of oblivious to how run down and nasty this place is. The photo which shows the lobby with those awesome curtains. There is food way up high on the curtains don't ask me how it go there. The room was fairly clean and our beds were clean and I give them a 5 to a 6 for comfort. People were sitting like in lawn chairs out front of the downstairs units. We were upstairs and the tiles were cracking on the floor and falling apart. The maid forgot to clean our room one day so I called the front desk to ask for more hand towels and wash cloths and they said "Sorry, all we have is large bath towels" Are you Kidding me!! The next morning I told the manager that we were leaving for the day and I hope the maid cleans out room and gives us fresh towels. She was shocked. She didn't even know I had called about towels and already reported this. Its about 7 miles to disneyland. Also we came home from disney one night and all the upstairs room doors were open except ours so as we pass by and look in we see they have shampooed all the carpets and were letting the rooms dry out. The breakfast consisted of cold cereal, coffee, donuts and bread to toast. MY husband says you get what you pay for. We won't be back. The motel up the street has a big sign that says "Drug and Alcohol Free Motel Rooms" That concerns me when you have to announce that. I felt it was in a rougher part of town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank k F
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My first room had a bed that was so hard i could not sleep. I was upgraded to a clean, comfortable room w/ a huge bed and plenty of room. The satellite tv channels are great including Golf, Food, E, Bravo, etc. The pool was closed. Carbs and coffee for continental breakfast. Nice people on staff at front desk. Good housekeeping, though the third room i was moved to had disgusting carpet. Knotts Berry Farm is very close. Shopping and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms in front are sunnier.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Jahmok
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is the most filthiest place I have ever stayed at. The hallways should have been my first clue to the lack of cleanliness at this hotel. The carpet in my room was sticky and very dirty. I had socks on and it was so dirty, I just threw them away. I was in a non-smoking room, but the blanket in my room had a cigarette burn in it. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Portola Inn and Suites
#16 of 18 in Buena Park
Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim
Rodeway Inn Near Maingate Knott's

Been to Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim? Share your experiences!