“Nice play to stay”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited here twice, once in June 2013 and again in November. Very nice and large rooms, comfortable beds, mini fridge and microwave, in room coffee maker are nice touches. For the November stay, we were with a family group and had four rooms reserved. Unfortunately, the fourth room was booked after September 1 and the breakfast buffet wasn't included. Normally I'd say my fault as I made an assumption but this time I feel they should have warned me as I already had a reservation they knew about. Next time I stay here we will head to the IHOP (a short walk away) for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

995 - 1,001 of 1,520 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was amazing huge rooms with microwave sink and fridge it's like a mini apartment with a couch/sofa bed with a big flat screen then u walk through the hallway and there's the bedroom with another flat screen we usually stay at knotts hotel which is ok but this is definitely going to be our new place to stay and it's not far from knotts literally across the way the beds here are so comfortable best beds ever in a hotel this room Was great It was like one we stayed at mammoth lakes minus the stove we got this room for 105. And mammoth almost 400 for one night and the room was clean I don't know what people were taking about on there negative reviews about cleanliness it was very clean and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone you would love it here they also have a workout gym its awesome it has a see through glass it's just awesome my kids Loved it well ya guys have fun!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting Disneyland. The room was a suite....large, living room area, bedroom with two double beds. It was a nice room. Hotel was no frills. Common areas were kind of run down looking and had funny smells. They have apparently discontinued the free breakfast and room service was shut down by the time we got there (10:00pm)

They offer a free shuttle to Disneyland, but it runs at odd, sproadic times, so don't go depending on the use of it. We didn't go to Knott's Berry Farm, but it is literally right across the street so it would be convenient for that. Maybe if I was visiting Knott's Berry but other than that I wouldn't stay here again. Just left feeling kind of....eh ...so what.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank arizona_8
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times in recent years to visit my grandchildren. I choose this hotel because the pool area is so nice and the rooms accommodate the kids sleeping with us for a special treat. However, this time the free breakfast buffet had been canceled, and the afternoon snacks, beer, wine and sodas that we all enjoyed so much had been canceled.
Our room was not the one we had chosen but the desk told us no others were available because a wedding had reserved them. I had reserved mine two months earlier and was there before the check in time but had to take a room that would not work for our family for one night.
The next day I was allowed to transfer to another room, but it still did not have the beds I had requested. It was a miserable nights sleep as the Sleep Number beds here are very uncomfortable. I have one at home but these are not the same quality. STICK WITH THEIR REGULAR BEDS AND YOU WILL BE MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE. The Sleep Number remotes do not work well either.
Lastly, the pool area has really been let go. The trees which are normally illuminated by pretty twinkle lights are out all together or some trees have one or two lights lit here or there. The plants which normally are lush and lovely have dead limbs and leaves hanging. It was not quite so luxurious of a feel this time.
When I told the front desk at arrival that this was not the room I had reserved and that the free breakfast was still advertised on the website, her response was really lacking in customer service. She very obviously did not care one bit about the extra expense and inconvenience this would cause me.
I will definitely choose somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 383sheryls
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Sheryl S,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us a fifth time while in Buena Park to visit your grandchildren.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us here at The Radisson Suites Buena Park did not meet your expectations this time. We do value the comments and feedback of all of our guests to ensure we can make The Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park the best place to stay.

We have noted your comments and these matters will be discussed and addressed with all of our management team! We take pride in our hotel, customer service, and attention to details to ensure our guest have the best experience here, so again your comments will be addressed.

For your information: As of September 1, 2013, we made the decision to end our complimentary breakfast buffet and manager's reception here at the hotel, which we do understand was very popular with out guests. We did make sure to revise all of our content on our website to reflect this change and if you found that information was still advertised as being complimentary I do offer my sincere apologies. The breakfast buffet is still available and can be added on to any guests reservation.

Though I know that you have stated that you would deinitely choose somewhere else to stay the next time you are in the area, I would ask that you reflect back on your previous four stays with us and the the experience that you had during those stays and give our hotel the opportunity to host you again while visiting the Buena Park/Orange County area.

Warm Regards,

Dennis Banks
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I chose this hotel mainly based on location, but I'm very glad I stayed here. The reviews were only average so I wasn't expecting a lot. The outside looks pretty bland and my first impression in the lobby was just of an average older hotel that has been renovated. But it turned out to be a much better experience than I was expecting. First off, the courtyard of the hotel is quite stunning. It's all in spanish style with tile roof and such. Big mature palm trees, beautiful fountain and great looking pool. I stayed in a business suite. It was excellent. Very spacious. Well decorated. Everything new and modern. The bed was incredible - best bed I've slept on in a hotel in years. Everything was relatively clean, service was good. Next time I'm traveling here I will make a point of checking to see if this hotel has availability. Hope to bring my family to stay as well. Can't say enough good about this midrange hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've stayed here probably half a dozen times over the last year and a half. We started staying here because of the room layout. We have two kids and usually we are tripping all over each other in hotels. With the layout of these rooms, the bedroom can be closed off from the living area where the kids can sleep on a fold out sofa. The rooms also have a small fridge, microwave, and sink. The room setup is nice, and it feels secure, with all the rooms facing an inner courtyard. The pool is great, and is always the right temperature. My biggest complaint is unfortunately the most important, and the reason we didn't stay at Radisson the last time we were in town. The cleanliness has really been slipping. The floors are just gross. The sofa was stained and beat up in the rooms we got the last two times we stayed. The air smells stale instead of fresh and clean. This is not so much a housekeeping issue as it is a general maintenance issue, because the sheets and shower and things that are dealt with daily were clean. This hotel could REALLY use a good deep cleaning as general maintenance, especially with the carpets. We also had called down for extra towels the last time we stayed, and we never got them. It was busy that day so I could forgive that, but not the disgusting floors. It's too bad because if it was clean again, I would continue to stay there like we used to. The layout and the location works so well for us, and we enjoy the pool and the breakfast. For me though, I can't get past the cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First impression was entering the lobby. The automatic door and layout and design of the lobby was very nice. Check in was a breeze and it getting upgraded to a business suite with free breakfast buffet was NICE! Being a gold club carlson member does have its perks.

The property itself felt secure. The gated fences to enter the property did make me question the area but was glad it was there. The elevators were a bit slow but it's much better than having to carry everything up the stairs.

The fitness center, pool and jacuzzi were ok. My daughter enjoyed using those amenities. The breakfast buffet was outstanding in my opinion. Hot and fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, pastries, and any drink you would need to start your morning. It was organized and roomy for large parties.

My only complaint has to be the floors. The carpets were very dirty and they need to get better vacuums that can suck up debris along the wall edges and one that can clean the carpet in the area where a regular floor vaccuum cannot reach (the little area where the sliding door opens for the bathroom). My socks went from white to black in a day walking around my room. I had to use the house slippers that came with my room because the carpets were dirty. I didn't want my 21 month year old daughter laying or playing on it.

In regards to the flooring, it was not level. There was a spot between the living room and the bedroom where the floor was uneven and was a tripping hazard.

The amenities in the bathroom were OUTSTANDING. The bathroom was clean and well stocked.

Room temperature: it seemed the bedroom got the best air from the AC vents. The living room section was always warmer.

I liked that the doors were glass and had wooden shutters. It allowed natural light in the room when we needed it.

The location is prime. Right next door to Medieval Times. Across the street from Starbucks, Titanic, and the Bodies exhibition. Close to freeway entrance/exit, restaurants, and Knotts. It's a 10-15 minute walk so you can save money on parking.

Check in and out process was super quick and the staff were very friendly.

I would definitely stay here again the next time we need to visit the area. Just please, change out your carpets.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the barbecue areas on the 1st level. The top floor is always nice because you...