“First family vacation -July 3-5 2013”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have to say that our first trip was very pleasant. The hotel was nice and our room accomadates 2 adults with 4 kids very easily. Breakfast options were great. Everything was in walking distance. Even the Walmart! The only downside is cleanliness. The room smells moldy only because there was mold on the vents. Also, even though towels were clean, you can tell they have been used alot because they were no longer soft! The restaurant staff and front desk were exceptionally helpful and kind. The cleaning staff was kind and provided us with extra towels after the first day but on the second day, they merely cleaned up and left all the new towels on the sofa bed! not sure if they were in a rush but kind of disapointing. I would definitly recommend everyone to stay here, however note to management ...a little extra time spent on cleanliness would make the world of diffence and key to the guest experience.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have had really good experiences at this hotel. While it's a little outdated, the rooms are very large. Would we stay here again? Yes. I would rate this hotel 3.5. It's not quite "very good", but it's better than "average".

Pros: The bedroom is separated from the front room, which is great if you're travelling with kids. The front room has a pull out sofa and a mini kitchen. The free breakfast buffet is pretty good with options for the whole family (pancakes, French toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc.). The first time we stayed (1.5 years ago) they had custom made omelets every morning, but this time omelets were only served one of our seven days there. They also have free parking and a free shuttle to and from Disneyland. Knott's Berry Farm and Medieval Times are within walking distance. The staff is very courteous and helpful. They were pretty quick to respond to any requests we made.

Cons: Our room was by the pool and it was noisy until around 11:00 pm every night. (The pool is supposed to close at 10:00.) The sliding bathroom door is kind of a pain. There are no places to hang wet towels or swim suits. The room smelled musty at first, but that may be a typical humidity problem in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the pool area.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was nice, rooms were large, furniture was outdated and pullout sofa wasnt very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was ok, although the fresh fruit they had was soft and the apple juice they had tasted more like raspberry and the staff insisted it was apple and wouldn't check to see for sure. The gravy for the biscuits and gravy was kind of runny and the biscuits were hard. We spent most all of our time at Disneyland so we were only in the room to sleep. The door to the bathroom was a sliding one and was kind of hard to open and close. I did appreciate the fact that it did have an in-room safe. The shuttle bus to and from the parks was an added plus.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 1st floor next to the pool and could hear the people walking past the room at n...
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for business for two nights and while the rooms looked much better on the inside than the hotel looks on the outside, there were some things I didn't like.

My TV didn't work. There was a large damp spot on the carpet by the table. The lights just go off when they think they've been on long enough - I know, energy-saving, but I was reading! And then randomly in the middle of the night the light in the living room would come on.

The room interiors are updated but the hotel exterior isn't, which is odd. All in all, it's a decent value for business travel and close to everything.

Room Tip: Top floor away from street and pool is the most quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pros: convenient location, free parking, free continental breakfast, free Disneyland shuttle, and above average blow dryer. The bar sink and refridgerator/freezer combo was very useful. The rooms are very spacious.
Cons: broken TV (but replaced promptly by maintenance), broken sensor on light above table (but again, maintenance came immediately to address it by unscrewing the light bulbs), carpets could use a good cleaning, the sofa bed was terrible because it was so thin and the springs were poking through the top. Pool was supposed to close at 10 pm but a loud group of people with teenagers continued much later. Phone calls to the front desk were not consistently answered but I assume it was because they were busy.
Overall, it is a good place to stay for the value. The breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff at check in were also friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

There are inadequate laundry services, with 6 total machines and 3 working. If you need Ice for your room, never any available. When you go for breakfast, go beyond the buffet bar to next room for Omelets and more seating. Our refrigerator and microwave would not work on the same plug and I called for a broken lamp, which is a safety issue twice and it was never fixed. We had a wet hallway from an A/c issue that maintenance did come for. The housekeeping and transportation to the parks was nice.

Room Tip: Plan on being awake with busy hallways of teenagers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel was ok. I had a 2 bed suite, great location and free wifi. The breakfast was ok other then tasting the shells of the eggs sometimes. The hotel room would be excellent if they actually got rid of the couches and sofa beds and shampooed the carpets. The room smelled like urine. If the director actually reads the comments he should have heard this a million times and I still can't believe nothing has been done about this. The room is never cleaned properly I found two makeup brushed underneath the bed. My room was 148 I could hear all the people ahead of me upstairs. I did ask for a room on the top floor months in advance, however when I got there was told "Sorry there are no more rooms upstairs". Furthermore I had to keep asking for wash clothes, because after my room was cleaned they were never replaced. Please get rid of those funky couches and shampoo the rug. The hotel has potential!

1  Thank Dante B
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Dante B,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not so pleasant this past time at the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park! We do value the comments and feedback of all of our guests to ensure we can make The Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park the best place to stay.

I am disappointed that you did not find the room to be to your satisfaction and that the couch (sofabed) and carpets were not up to your standards. It seems that we missed a couple of items during the cleaning of your room and in particular the two make up brushes that you found which of course should never have happened. I can assure you that the housekeepers usually do an outstanding job in keeping the rooms above the Radisson standards.

In regards to guests request for a specific room or on a particular floor, unfortunately, though the front desk does try, they are not always able to meet each and every guests specific requests due to the occupancy of the hotel.

Let me assure you that I do read each and every Tripadvisor review and we will use your feedback to help us to improve and hope that on your next visit to Buena Park, you will give us another chance to prove that we can do better then this visit.

Warmest Regards,