“Location & Value!!”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the location to Knott's. (8 min walk, free shuttle offered.) Nice size suite for 2 adults & 4 kids. 2 double sleep number beds and sofa bed in the living room. Great breakfast options included for free. Hot cooked to order and serve yourself. For 6 of us that is a $50 savings per day. Nice pool & hot tub, plenty of seating & towels. Rooms were clean, service was friendly. Laundry facilities were the only disappointment. Not working. Said they were getting new machines. Overall tho we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are used to the Radisson brand this is not for you. We stayed with points thank god. Room was musky and damp, A/C was not the best. Room service was horrific. The spa was inhabitable due clusters of kids and adults bathing for hours at a time. The location although is good. The breakfast is good but a feeding frenzy best describes it. I have stayed at many of the Radissons in the US and Carribean but not happy with this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I’ll start off with the location is perfect if you plan on going to Knott’s Berry Farm and Medieval Times. It’s about a 10 minute walk to Knott’s and Medieval Times is right next door. I was very frustrated with the reservation process. It can be very misleading in regards to their breakfast so I’ll try and clear it up for anyone else making reservations on-line. Don’t waste time with the bed and breakfast packages. You get nothing extra for the additional $20. Everyone get’s the buffet and breakfast to order package for free. At the desk they claim the rates are the same but they aren’t if you are a AAA member. Instead of paying $109 a night I thought I had to get the bed and breakfast package for 4 people at $129 a night only to find out that everyone gets the same breakfast options for free! That cost me $40! Don’t make the same mistake.
We had originally planned on staying the week before but they didn’t have any non-smoking rooms available so we moved the reservations out a week. We arrived at 12:00 PM and our room wasn’t ready so we ate lunch and came back around 1:15. We had to wait until around 1:30 and they gave us the keys to our room. Our room number was 329. Upon entering the room there was a very strong cigarette odor in the room, I went out and looked at our door, it was the only one without a “No Smoking emblem on it. All other rooms on the third floor seemed to have one. I called the front desk and told them I had wanted a non-smoking room and they put us in a smoking room. They informed me that all of the rooms on the third floor were non-smoking. I explained that room 329 didn’t have a non-smoking emblem bolted on it like the other rooms and it smelled of strong cigarettes. They told us we could move to room 322. We performed the move and this room indeed did smell better and had no cigarette odor. If you want a non-smoking room don’t take room 329.
We spent our first day (Tuesday) at the pool and my wife and I were thinking it sure would be great to be able to sip on a nice cool adult drink. I told her that I searched the website and couldn’t find anything on the facility about a bar but the gift shop opened up at 5 PM maybe they might have something. I went in and asked the front desk at around 4:15 if the gift shop had wine for sale or if there was any place close by to get a mixed drink. She stated they had a bar in the breakfast buffet area. Since this was our first day here we hadn’t been to the breakfast buffet yet. I walked into the bar and had to wait about 10 minutes for the bartender to show up. She made us some drinks and charged the room $18 + tip for 2 drinks. We left the pool around 4:45. The next day (Wednesday) at the pool I go back to the bar this time it was around 5:45 and I see a table filled with chips, salsa, nuts, crackers and pretzels and I go to get 2 drinks. This bartender tells me the daily manager’s reception is currently going on and is from 5 to 7:30, each person gets 3 free drinks! We proceeded to drink our 3 free drinks. If you are looking for a place that has a manager’s reception with free drinks this place has it, they don’t advertise it but they have it. If you don’t want to pay for your drinks wait until 5:00 PM.
Be careful of the headboard behind the bed; don’t hold onto it while reaching across the bed to get a pillow like I did. They didn’t bother screwing them into any of the studs and decided to only use the drywall to hold them in place. It came real close to flattening my wife when it decided to pull loose.
My wife ordered an omelet but stopped after pulling a long black hair out of it. The kids seemed happy enough with the buffet. The chefs at the grill need to wear hair-nets to keep their hair out of the omelets.
The rooms are dated but OK and it’s a great deal if you pay the $109 rate. The pool area is nice with a very relaxing tropical feel. Heeding all of my own warnings above I’d probably return just because the location is perfect and you do get a lot of freebies even if they don’t advertise them but they receive a poor rating due to the problems I noted.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the breakfast package. It's free! Don't take room 329 it's a sm...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Chas83,

I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services our hotel prides itself on. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customers experience.

I will address these issues you mentioned with our front desk and housekeeping staff and these concerns will be discussed. Thank you again for your feedback as this is the only way we can ensure our customer service levels are where they should be. We do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best Regards,

Dennis Banks
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay even better than last! We found all the staff very friendly and helpful, the suites are very spacious and clean although decor in the living room could do with a little modernisation. Free wifi in the rooms was pleasant surprise.The complimentary breakfast buffet has something for everyone such as bacon,sausage and made to order omelettes as well as fruit salad,toast and cereals, this is such a money saver if you are on a budget! Great location with Knotts berry farm and many restaurants/shops all within an easy 5 mins walk, they also offer a free disneyland shuttle which is very reliable and was never once late when we used it. Overall a very enjoyable stay and we can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

An older style hotel which is ideal as a base for families spending time at Knotts Berry Farm. Check in was smooth and hassle free. Staff were pleasantly efficient and by and large, friendly. Rooms were a very decent size for 2 adults and 2 teens. They were clean but dated to a degree. Breakfast was OK but basic compared to other hotels we have visited. Managers reception had a drink limit of 3 per person and was for a small selection of bottled beer and wine only. There are plenty of options locally for dining or grabbing a quick takeaway all within walking distance but the roads are very busy! Had a spare few hours so jumped on a bus down to the beach. Staff assured us this would take 1/2 hour on local bus transport but was nearer 11/2 hours by the time we got there. However, this is a safe albeit colourful journey with a variety of locals providing great entertainment!

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet but lifts are painfully slow. Pool is open til 10PM so got a bit rowdy - hig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Honestly, I am amazed Radisson still has their name in this one. Some elements, like countertops and taps, have been upgraded, but there's no benefit when the carpet is old, smelly, damp and bubbling up all over. Noisy neighbors and an incredibly unappetizing breakfast in an unpleasant dining hall add to the despondency. Never, ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Travelswithclem,

It should not be necessary but, occasionally; we must be reminded that we are in a highly competitive business where service is often the only distinguishing feature between us and our competition. Service is our business and I am terribly embarrassed that you weren’t treated as one would expect at a Radisson hotel.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Dennis Banks
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at a very reasonable $99 group rate for a two-double-bed suite. The location is easy to find and super convenient: Knott’s Berry is a 5-minute walk away (save parking fees—but know that you’ll be crossing a major thoroughfare). (We also took a day trip to the lovely Huntington Beach, which was about a 30-minute drive away with a wee bit of traffic; Disneyland was our next stop, and it was just a 10-minute drive away.) We were in a 1st-floor room, and for the first night we had noisy thumping from above, but we weren’t aware of that during the rest of the stay—subsequent guests must have been lighter-footed! Common areas are very nice, gardens, fountains, lobby all lovely. The room was adequate—nothing special; no complaints. Two TVs, one in the living space and one in the bedroom. Bed and bedding comfortable enough (and room got nice and dark); a/c excellent and quiet. Well-lighted bathroom with good mirrors and great water pressure in the shower. Cheap toiletries. The courtyard pool/hot tub area is small but charming (very “Melrose Place” vibe/layout), pool towels available on deck, lots of comfortable lounge chairs, plenty of shade, and cute, tropical surroundings. Pool noise was a bit of an issue (large group of squealing children/teens), but 10:00 hotel kid curfew made that a non-issue after hours. Included continental breakfast was very tasty—something for everyone, big juice selection, made-to-order fried eggs and omelets, muffins and biscuits, pancakes/waffles/French toast, healthy options, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, etc. You could eat indoors, outdoors in garden setting, or in room. Simple lunch and dinner offerings (could eat at pool as well), good bar, basic room service with decent hours—but painfully slow service on all. We also had a catered group meal—simple but tasty, with great desserts. Hotel feels secure (key-required entry except at main reception), and parking is free and convenient. One complaint: we arrived earlier than anticipated and had to wait several hours for room availability—and each day thereafter, daily room cleaning was often very late into the day (so much so that we reminded front desk before dinner one day in case we’d been overlooked! Oh, and free wi-fi was spotty. All around efficiency seems to be an issue with this hotel—but for a leisurely stay, no worries!). Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor if concerned about overhead noise or pool noise...but 1st floor is convenient for p...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family