“Almost Perfect”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Vallejo, California
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the 2nd time over MLK weekend, for a trip to Disneyland and me running the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. I love the feel of the hotel, comfy and cozy and all the room entrances overlook the central courtyard.

Pros:
Having a suite with fridge and microwave are KEY for family traveling. We had enough space to spread out, and I was able to get ready at 3 AM without disturbing the rest of the family.
Disneyland shuttle process is easy and painless. And it's FREE.
Sleep Number bed is awesome. When it works. (Our 1st visit resulted in a sunken-in bed with the remote not working).
Location is great. Away from the madness that is the Disneyland hotel strip, but near restaurants and shopping in nearby Buena Park.

Cons:
There were no towel racks in the bathroom. It's a little difficult to re-use a towel if you have nowhere to hang it up to dry (I go green as much as possible).
The free breakfast was garbage. I remember it being a helluva lot better the first time we stayed here.
The couch in the living room needed to be replaced. It was worn and a little grungy, I didn't want to sit on it at all.
One of the front desk guys needs to learn more about customer service. I understand you're off, but there's a proper way to address a guest who's been standing in front of you for a few minutes without you acknowledging that I'm even standing here. Then cracking some stupid joke about "I'd help you but I'm off". Lucky I'm more non-chalant about those kinds of things, but if it were someone else, I'm sure management would have heard about it. It was borderline rude.
Offer more return shuttle times for mid afternoon. Sometimes people want to come back for a quick nap. You have to call to make a reservation for the shuttle, but they have set times and you have to tell them which time slot you want. This made me contemplate driving and paying for parking.

Overall, I'll be back anytime we make Disneyland trips. I like the hotel a lot, the cons aren't enough to even come close to outweighing the benefits. AND it's priced damn good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Mommyreeze,

First of all, I woud like to congratulate you in running in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, I don't even want to begin to wonder just how much training that you put in to compete in it.

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our location. We look forward to having you as our guest again and hope to see you in the near future.

As for the cons that you mentioned, I do apologize about them and I do hope that when you come back to stay with us that you will find that we have indeed addressed these issues and have made changes.

Thank you for your comments and feedback as this is the only way we can ensure our customer service levels are where they should be. We do thank you for considering staying with us again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Torrance, California
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a really great place to stay for my group of 6.. Our first night there we had tickets to medieval times dinner and tournament. Medieval Times is right next door so we walked. That was really nice. The next day we had tickets to Knott's Berry Farm, you really could walk there but we opted to drive. One of the children in our group was not feeling well that day so we came back to the hotel to just allow the kids to swim. The Radisson pool is beautiful however it is completely shaded, so even if the Sun is out it is cold to sit around the pool. The pool itself is heated so it wasn't a problem for the children just the parents watching the children. I was also surprised that in the room the channel selection was minimal. I have stayed at the Rodeway Buena Park up the street for half the price and twice the channels on the TV. Now the breakfast here at the Radisson was wonderful. They served omelets to order had potatoes and fresh fruit and just about anything else you would have wanted.. Pancakes, bacon, sausage and great coffee!
Just a heads up, they also have BBQ'S so you can bring in your own food to barbeque or go right up the street to the store to buy some steaks.
The suites are for sure roomie and the beds were really comfortable. I slept on the couch bed however which was very uncomfortable. It was a trip with me and my best friend, her son and my 3 children. We had decided to put the children in the bedroom with the 2 double beds and her and I would sleep out on the couch bed. I would rethink that next time.
The great thing about this hotel is they have a 14 day advance booking special that beat every other suite in the area.. It was was clean and there was plenty of room for 6 people. I also have to say that the hotel staff were really very friendly. I would recommend this hotel for larger groups, just put the smaller children on the couch bed, and bring along your Netflix and maybe an HDMI cable.

Stayed February 2013
Hello Wendymomofthree,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the Radisson Suites Buena Park - we appreciate your pointing out for future travelers all of the additional details / amenities that may help make their stays more memorable and valuable. And of course, thank you for your business!

I am very sorry to hear that you were not thrilled with the sofa bed in your suite and found it to be uncomfortable. I am happy to tell you that we are in the process of upgrading some of the less desirable sofa beds in suites that guests had alerted us as to being uncomfortable or having issues with.

Again, thank you for your review and for choosing the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family of four stayed three nights here. We were on the third floor at the back, which was nice because we could see our car. It was great having a suite with a separate bedroom to give everyone privacy. We knew before we arrived that the property is older so that didn't bother us. The suite included a mini kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and sink. We took the shuttle to Knotts and it was easy and quick. The bedroom had a sleep number bed which really impressed my husband and we both slept well. It was nice to have breakfast included. Some of the bacon was more like jerky but overall the breakfast was fine. Our daughter had gotten sick on the road trip here so we had to used the laundry facilities. They worked great and the dryer was the best of any public one we've used, drying quickly the first round. She seemed to get better, then got sick again our last morning there. We needed something for the 6-hour car ride home so we didn't repeat what happened on the way there. Rather than steal a small garbage can from our room, we explained our situation to the front desk and asked to buy one. This seem to totally throw them off and fluster them. After 10 minutes of them asking other people and not knowing what to do, we gave up and left. It wouldn't have been that hard for them to have some sympathy for us and let us buy it or give it to us as it was small, plastic, & cheap. Or they could have just said no without all the drama. Other than this, they were very nice every other time we interacted with them.

2 Thank LuvAZTravel
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello LuvazTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us at the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to inform fellow travelers about your experience. I am so pleased that you found the service, amenities, and complimentary breakfast to your liking.

I am sorry to read that your daughter was sick during your visit and that we didn't take that extra step to help you in regards to the trash can request. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in that part of our customer service.

New York City
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our trip was literally "Play and Run". We flew in late at night from NY, straight to Buena Park from the airport, so we could go straight to Disneyland in the morning and be there when the gates opened. I picked one of my favorite brands, the Radisson. Once again, they did not disappoint. We got in almost midnight. The lone desk clerk was so sweet, explaining the map and breakfast to me over and over (I was at 3am by then.) The hotel is built to look like an hacienda, with the balconies, the shuttered doors, the arches, with the garden and pool in the middle of the courtyard. There is ample parking. Breakfast was buffet style, and much better than I imagined. In this day and age of "boxed" buffet breakfasts, where pretty much everything they serve came out of the box, this hotel had a section where you could specify how your wanted your eggs (omelet, sunnyside, over easy), and if you wanted it with ham or bacon. You could toast your own bread, another hot table of potatoes, pancakes (yummy, I had those), neverending cups of coffee, juice, and fresh fruit! That generous breakfast was definitely a pleasant surprise. We were here for only 8 hours, literally, but it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TwinMamaNYC
Hello TwinmamaNYC,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant and that the property amenities were to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We enjoyed staying at the radisson last weekend. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the service is excellent. The gym could use a little updating, but we enjoyed our workout nonetheless. The breakfast could offer more variety as well. That said, we were satisfied given the price we paid. Another bonus was the free water and fruit basket in the room< huge satisfier!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coconino1
Hi Coconino1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us but I do want to apologize for the lack of variety at the breakfast buffet and the exercise room being outdated.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, please let us know if there is anything we can accommodate for you during your next stay.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel, mid December 2012. Once again, they provided exceptional service. My wallet had been stolen at the airport, but since I was prepaid, they allowed me to go ahead and check in with just my business card, until my passport arrived the next day. I was uncomfortable with a ground floor room (as they are right next to the parking lot), and they graciously allowed me to move to a 2nd floor room at the front of the building. The rooms are spacious with a separate living area and sleeping area. All doors open to a beautiful courtyard/pool area. When you enter the room, there is a TV, dining table, couch and wet bar with mini frig. The hallway has a door to the bathroom, also spacious. As you continue back you come into the bedroom. I had a king room, and there were 2 mirrored door closets and plenty of room on each side of the bed. Larger dresser and tv. The room was said to have had a sleep select bed, but this one did not. I did not consider this a deal breaker. Everything was clean and well-kept through my 3 nights there. I am not a breakfast person, but I appreciated the quick "on-the-go" baskets they had with fruit, etc. I will look to this hotel again if I am back in LA.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank twowisekids
Hello Twowisekids,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our location. We look forward to having you as our guest again and hope to see you in the near future.

La Habra
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed for a few days. The breakfast was really good. The room was clean, and good sized. They are very friendly there. It seems like they all take pride in working there. It's hard to find a place that is this good, that isn't expensive! It's also close to everything.

2 Thank golaryn
Hello Golaryn,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel to other travelers. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your excellent ratings and compliments on our customer service. It truly is our pleasure to assist our guests in any way we can. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Cityof Buena Park!