“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and this hotel is super close to Knotts Berry Farm, shopping and dining. Will stay here everytime I visit this area. Very clean and they offer a wonderful complimentary breakfast and other amenities that other hotels make you pay for. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kahamp
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Kahamp,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We realize you have a choice of hotels when visiting the Buena Park area, and appreciate that you choose the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park.

Thank you very much for the great review and for letting yoru fellow travelers know about your stay here with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Trabzon Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

we stayed there in 2012 july.Its location is good for disney and many other theme parks Knot' Berry is in walking distance.Staff is good and there is free breakfast.We enjoyed there.Everything is ok. We went to LA, Sen Diego Santa barbara by our car.There are shuttles to Disney and Anaheim.We are pleased to much for our 1 week say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nurcan
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Merhaba Nucan,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel to other travelers. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for choosing us as your home during your visit to the U.S.

We appreciate your excellent ratings and compliments on our customer service. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the U.S.!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything looks good on paper - nice pictures on the website, free breakfast, free internet, close to attractions and separate bedrooms and living areas. Couple that with the number 1 position for Buena Park for Trip Advisor and I was sold. I have been meticulously planning our vacation for 2 years and I booked 13 nights in the hotel for my wife and our two children (5 and 2).

Here's the truth - both good and bad.

The hotel is located well, easy to get to from LAX, close the the freeway and Disney, and Buena Park doesn't feel as crowded as Anaheim (we have stayed 2x previously at the Hojo Anaheim which has been great). We checked in at 11pm after a long flight from the UK and and reception staff were welcoming. They issued us a room right at the back of the property (next to the industrial looking steam vent and garbage area). There were plates lying outside the front door of the room when I found the room. Upon entering the room there was an awful smell which I knew exactly what it was - mould and mildew. It was really strong and so I went back to reception and asked to be moved to a room closer to the main reception as the current room smelled and it was very far away from the lifts and reception.

We were given another room by the pool, which has exactly the same smell. Conclusion that every room had the same smell so we stayed put. The next morning I surveyed the room. Ancient furniture, grimy and uncomfortable sofa, dusty, mildew and mould behind the curtains in the bedroom, dirty carpet, 2 flat screen TVs but terrible reception (unwatchable). Linen was clean enough, but the room felt very dated, old, unclean and not very pleasant. Also the room and indeed the whole hotel is incredibly dark, which terrible lighting.

There were only three chairs in the room as well (how are we supposed to sit around the table with a family of 4!!!!) Breakfast was OK, but only because it was included. Usual sugary fayre of low price cereals, french toast, potatoes, hash browns, toast and cooked to order omelettes (I hope those eggs in the sqeezy things were actually eggs!!!). It was a bit chaotic on the weekends due to the number of guests in the hotel but during the week is was more bearable.

Didn't use the shuttle to Disney as we drove, so cant comment on that. Didn't use the pool, but it looked well cared for and cleaned (in fact the cleaning staff spent more time cleaning the grounds than the actual rooms!!!!!) Wifi was intermittent and we had problems connecting sometimes. Beds were very soft and quite uncomfortable. Safe broke one night and started beeping and locked shut - thank goodness it stopped after an hour and in the morning Ramone came over and fixed it very quickly and politely.

So to sum it all up, the hotel was adequate - it was a place to stay, but I would never stay there again, even if it was free. I booked it as I was saving on Wifi, parking, and free breakfast. Unfortunately, the hotel made our hugely anticipated holiday much less special as we didn't enjoy coming back to the room at nights. I should have booked somewhere else nicer and just eaten out for breakfast and spent a few extra hundred dollars over the 13 days. I have learnt my lesson - a couple of additional dollars will buy you happier memories for your vacation and somewhere comfortable, clean and non smelly for you to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank missymoo899
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We also apologize you did not enjoy breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss your concern further, please call us directly at the hotel or you can email CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana

Travelers are raving about these Buena Park hotels

Cardston, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a very appealing California style hotel. We stayed a week and visited all the theme parks in the area except Knots-berry Farm, which is very close. It has a very nice courtyard with lots of palm tree's and a pool and hot tub. Our room was on the ground floor right by the hot tub but the noise was never an issue. The staff were polite and efficient. The breakfast was FANTASTIC! The best breakfast we had at any hotel in the US, (and we've travelled allot). There was a chef on hand to make fresh eggs, or omelettes every morning. The gift store was great with much better prices than the theme parks or even the mall. Lots of parking even over Christmas, and the shuttle bus to Disney worked out so well for our big family. My only small criticism was their internet and satellite was slow and patchy at times, but there were two computers for guests to use with free printing. The guest laundry has only one washer and one dryer, which was challenging as it was usually busy, but we managed. Our kids loved the relaxed friendly atmosphere and the facilities that were kid and adult friendly. Right next door is the Medieval Banquet with knights etc and one door down from that is a huge Pirate themed dinner show. Unfortunately we did not get to either. We felt this hotel was very under rated, we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a child in a wheel chair and so we asked for ground floor pool side. We got Room 106 & 10...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve W
Hello Steve W,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are so pleased that you felt you got a great value during your recent stay and that our team was able to exceed your service expectations. On yoru next visit, you must allow time to attend both the Medieval Tiems and Pirates Dinner Adventure shows, you and your family will really enjoy both of the shows.

We hope to see you again when you visit your neighbor to the south and in particular to Buena Park, CA.

manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights as we were visiting knotts berry farm and would rate this hotel as great value.

With the rooms being suites it suited us for the extra space and the sleep numbers beds were extremely comfortable.

Easy walking distance to knotts and the dinner show venues next door to the hotel.

Staff all very friendly and helpful.

Couple of negatives were firstly the breakfast, this felt like the rush for school dinners and all the rooms had bars on the external windows which was of putting on arrival.

Overall I would visit again if making a trip to knotts berry farm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jgcbdsgte
Hello Jgcbdsgte,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our location. We look forward to having you as our guest again and hope to see you in the near future.

Madrid, Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was very pleased with the my stay here. The price to quality ratio was very decent. A true suite with actual separate living room with it's own television. At such a cheap price. The staff was super helpful at all hours of the night and day! They went out of there way to help me get my job accomplished while there. I certainly loved my relaxing evenings in the jacuzzi and the quaint breakfast. Although dated, the decoration was still tasteful and clean. The lobby was welcoming in it's bonanza ponderosa kinda way. I love the tile and would certainly love to have some hacienda in the desert with that floor. I enjoyed one of the manager invites and ended with getting burger at the bar and some conversation with fellow travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chad D
Hello Chad D,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We realize you have a choice of hotels when visiting the Buena Park area, the United States and greatly appreciate that you choose the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park.

We appreciate your excellent ratings and compliments about yoru stay with us. It truly is our pleasure to assist our guests in any way we can. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the U.S.!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is my second time staying with radisson and once again I am very pleased. The rooms are great. Stayed with my friend once and again with my friend and her 4 kids. Plenty of space. Clean rooms. Breakfast is delicious. I went to knotts berry farm one day during my stay. When I arrived at the park, I didn't have my wallet. I called the front desk and they checked my room for me. They didn't find it so they called me back. They then informed the house keeping staff who also checked my room. They also called me to inform me they didn't find it. I ended up finding it in one of my bags after I returned to the hotel. They didn't go through my bag, which they shouldn't do because that's an invasion of privacy. But they did go to my room twice to look for it. How amazing is that? Outstanding service! Rates are also good.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Smittin25
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello Smittin25,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel to other travelers. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We appreciate your excellent ratings and compliments on our customer service. It truly is our pleasure to assist our guests in any way we can. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Buena Park/Orange County area.