“Pick up the dirty dishes already!!!”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here before and wanted to love this place! I try to choose my hotels with value and comfort in mind. The selling features for me at this hotel is the free breakfast, free shuttle, onsite restaurant with managers reception and pool. I paid $110 night on hotels.com.
First, the dirty dishes laying on the floor in the walkways, in vending room, on the gas grill, in pool area (pool was even closed and locked up with dirty dishes on the tables??) really shows me that the staff is lazy and does not care!!! These dirty dishes remained here for the 3 days we stayed at the hotel! The vending room stunk of rotting food with roaches crawling on the plates. I finally called and asked the night manager why they don't send someone to pick up the dishes...she informed me that there is limited staff. She told me she was going to dispatch security to clean up the dishes. We stayed last year and went we first got to our room there were dirty plates outside our room I called front desk and asked them to come and get them and they remained there for 2 days. I just can't understand the dish thing? Such a bad impression they don't seem mind giving?

Also, the sleep number beds suck! With 2 people on a bed it's like a bounce house bed! Also, everything has that wet humid feeling!! Like sleeping in a tent!

Last year the manager was bartending at the night reception was a very nice and personable guy! Made it enjoyable! As was the cook! He too always seemed very nice! This time the bartender on Aug 7-8 did not greet us with a smile, say hello or even reply to our thank you's. I tipped well with every drink and with the food as I always do!!! Maybe management should look for a replacement!

Seemed that many of the guests that stay here are cheap as hell as the tip jars were almost empty with many people being served free drinks and snacks...maybe that is part of why they don't seem to care? We always tip the housekeeping staff, the staff that cleans up our plates at breakfast, the bartender, the cook that gives us our eggs and so on...I figure it into our cost of our vacation.

We will be staying at the Hyatt again next time instead of the Radisson! It was about the same price as Priceline.
We gave it 2 chances for us to like it! There are many choices in the Disney area, I think they feel with all of the free offerings that they don't have to be all that clean or friendly! We won't be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Widad2
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Hello Widad2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us at the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. I am personally very embarrassed in regards to the dirty dish issue and please accept my sincere apologies as there is no excuse that I can offer for the shortcomings which you experienced.

I want to assure you that your experience is certainly not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guests and corrective steps have been taken, as a result of your comments, to preclude a recurrence to future guests.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and again I do apologize that your experience with the dirty dishes was the memory that you were left with of our property.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just returned from a 2-night stay, we are a family of four: 2 adults and 2 children, age 11 and 9. We spent one day at Disney and one day at Knotts Soak City. I had a room reserved at the Courtyard across the street, but cancelled after seeing the prices offered here at Radisson, which was significantly less. I read the reviews before booking, so I knew what to expect before coming here. We are Marriott loyal and we usually stay at Marriott properties, but the price Radisson was offering was too good to justify paying double just to gain Marriott points. I noticed some minor things that other reviewers had mentioned, but overall our stay here was very good, more like 3 1/2 stars!

Pros: Price/Value, Location to Disney (10min); location to Knotts (<2 min.); free hot breakfast

Cons: Living area showed signs of wear & tear (bedroom looked up to date); very...very small bathroom

Room: All of the rooms here are suites with the bedroom separated from the sitting area. There was a flat screen TV in each room, so that was good for the kids. The sitting area had a pull-out sofa, chair, dining table w/3 chairs, wet bar area with sink, microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea fixings on top of the wetbar. The only drawback to our stay would be that this hotel shows signs of aging. As other reviewers have mentioned, the furniture in our sitting area was a little worn, although the bedroom looked very modern and updated. I don't know how 2 adults could fit on one of the double beds, though. I wished the rooms had 2 queens, or that I would have booked a king bed because the double beds were awful. The room doors were french doors with plantation shutters. Unfortunately since the doors open into the courtyard, if your shutters were open, people walking to their rooms passing by your room could look right into your room.

There was also a dank sort of smell in the sitting room, although it wasn't anything that turned me off, I just noticed that the room had a weird smell. Also, the bathrooms was TINY and there weren't any towel hooks, or a towel bar. I thought that was really strange! Where do you hang your towel after you've finished showering? Well, we draped them over the chairs in the sitting area. I found that really weird. There should be a towel bar somewhere...most hotels have that rack above the toilet area, or a hook on the rear of the door. Since the bathroom had a sliding door, there wasn't a place to hang the towels. Oh well, I've sent a suggestion email to management.

Grounds: All of the rooms face the courtyard area with the pool and water fountain in the middle. I loved the scenery. Yes, there were kids in the pool area till late at night, but we didn't have any problems with the noise. We didn't have any time to use the pool or jacuzzi, but it never seemed too crowded. They provide towels by the pool and there were plenty of loungers. We passed the gym as it was on the side of the lounge. There were 2 elliptical machines, 2 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes, but if you need to use free weights, there weren't any. Luckily, there is a 24hr fitness 5 min away and that's where we went.

Breakfast: When you walk in, there is a greeter at the door who takes your room number and last name to verify that you aren't some transient wandering in to eat a free meal, I guess. They ask if you want an omelette or fried eggs and gives you an order form for it. There is an area that a cook takes your paper order and less than 5 minutes later, your omelette is ready. There is a tip basket nearby so it would be great if people would give a tip because boy was the cook busy! The buffet area offered scrambled eggs on both days, seasoned potatoes one day and hash browns the next day, pancakes one day and french toast the next day. There was also bread for toast, oatmeal fixings, cold cereal and milk, a soda machine, hot chocolate, coffee, and a juice machine. Better than the continental breakfast offerings at the Fairfield Inn around the corner we stayed at last year!

I think that if the price is right, we will definitely stay here again. If you are looking for a five-star hotel and all the bells & whistles that come with that, this is not your place. This is an older property, but the rooms were clean. So if you are looking for a clean place to rest your body after long days at the parks, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg (because you've already done that at Disney), this is a great place to be!

2  Thank ELD702

Hello ELD702,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt you got a great value during your recent stay, that you enjoyed the hotel, amenities, location, and service.

Again, thank you for your review and for choosing the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. We look forward to having you as our guest again and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our second time staying here and we still love the value for money. The suites sleep up to six people, which for our group of four was perfect. The location being so close to heaps of shops and restaurants is great.

The ONLY niggle, and I say this without trying to sound like a holier-than-thou singleton, is that this place is extremely family friendly. Perhaps too much so. Apparently the pool was meant to close at 10pm but it was commonplace to see (and hear!) kids still in there past 11pm. The staff didn't really want to put a lid on screaming/running/annoying kids (this is the parents job but kids running around the halls past 10pm is ridiculous. The security guy I saw walking around turned a blind eye to it). We tolerated it as we were only there four days...I guess if you're a family you deal with that kind of noise better.

Would definitely come back if the price is still right and fellow patrons can extend some courtesy to others staying there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank yellowtangelo

Hello Yellowtangelo,

We appreciate you once again making us your choice in Buena Park accommodations while visiting the U.S. Thank you for your great comments, recommendation of our property and sharing your tips with other travelers.

Please note that I have informed the security guard that the pool does indeed close at 10pm and that there shouldn't be anyone in the pool or the pool area after10pm. Please accept my apologies for the distractions that took place.

We look forward to having you as our guest again and hope to see you in the near future when your travels bring you back to the U.S.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were pleased with everything about this hotel. Check in was a breeze. The staff was very helpful and knowledgable. My family and I will definitely stay there again. I loved the size of the room. It allowed for pivacy and comfort for my daughter and I since we were traveling with my sons. We were able to use the bedroom while they stayed in the living area. The free breakfast in the morning was a life saver. The kids thought it was the best and never wanted to leave.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back which was away from the elevator and pool so it was very quiet and close to...
1  Thank trinabobeanna

Dear Trinabobeanna,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel to other travelers. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your excellent ratings, compliments about our wonderful staff and hot breakfast buffet.

One way I always judge if the family vacation was a success is by how my kids feel when it is time to leave and if they don't want to leave then that means I made the correct choice when it came to the hotel that we stayed in and it sounds like your children really enjoyed their stay which means that you made the right choice in choosing us. :) I do hope that you and your children were able to enjoy the pool.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. Thank you for your review and we hope you will be back to visit again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times, spanning back over 6 years ago before it was a Radisson but an Embassy Suites. The atmosphere is great, the atrium style is super neat with the pool and hot tub being a very nice way to cool down after the commute through Los Angeles to get into Buena Park. The rooms need some TLC however, they are starting to show their age and are bringing my 4 point rating down from a 5 point rating. First, it needs to be said that the "Sleep Number Beds" they advertise is not completely correct. What they fail to state is that the sleep number beds are only in the rooms that hold a queen or king bed, the family suites with the two doubles do not have the special beds. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk upon check out, she mentioned that the the hotel is "phasing" out the sleep number beds as they are complicated and have not been worth the investment. This would all be fine if they actually start replacing the very worn beds they currently have. While they aren't "horrible" yet, they are a few springs away from delivering a bad night's sleep!
Here's the good, good stuff:
The breakfast every morning was really good, with the option of having a chef make any kind of omelette you request! It was a great way to fuel up before hitting the nearby Knott's Berry Farm amusement park. And that's the other really great thing, it's super close to the park and a very friendly place to be with kids. Room service was super fast and super nice about it, even though we only requested towels. :-)

Room Tip: The rooms that open up to the pool/spa area have good sound proof doors, so not too much noise comes...
2  Thank Allison R

Greetings Allison R,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. We always strive to provide our valued guests with warm and welcoming experiences and I am glad that we continually exceed your expectations.

As for the sleep number beds, our front desk agent was correct, we have phased them out and I hope that upon your next stay with us that you will find the new beds to be more to your liking.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive review about your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon and we do greatly appreciate your loyalty to us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is located on Beach Blvd. just down the street of Knott's Berry Farm. Before it became a Radisson Suites, it was an Embassy Suites. All hotel rooms have a livingroom and separate sleeping quarters. There is a nice microwave and fridge in the livingroom area, but the furniture (couch and chairs) have seen better days. The beds were clean and comfortable. The landscaping is very lush and pretty. My kids enjoyed the nice pool, although it did get very crowded at times. The free breakfast was pretty good with some hot options such as eggs and bacon made to order. We took the shuttle bus to Disneyland one day, but I wouldn't recommend it. The shuttle was very late picking us up for return to the hotel and we were stuck waiting in the hot sun until he arrived. Very nice and friendly staff and the laundry facilities were also nice to use. On the downside, Buena Park has changed over the years and is not as nice as it used to be. It is in a great location if you are going to Knott's Berry Farm, but if Disneyland is on your list, stay in the Anaheim area, it is much nicer.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NomadicGrl

Hello SCaligrl_12,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to inform fellow travelers about your experience. I am so pleased that you found the service, amenities, and complimentary breakfast to your liking. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here because we were able to book two rooms for free for the week with points. It is obvious this was probably a great hotel in the 80s.

The hotel was very dated, and not particularly clean. There were lots of smokers, and although smoking is not allowed inside the outdoor corridors mean you have to walk past smokers. There are full ashtrays at every elevator opening... and lots of smokers hanging out near the entrance to the restaurant.

We didn't use the pool, but it did look clean and well maintained.

The rooms were okay and passably clean. The carpets certainly need to be cleaned, and there need to be updates to the furniture. We had two rooms and in both the tables were damaged and warped. The sofas were threadbare and had strings hanging off of them.

The breakfast room was chaotic. There was only one guy making the eggs and omelets to order... and he was friendly despite being overworked. It was not one of the better breakfast buffets. The choices were limited and the quality poor (except the eggs that the really super nice guy was cooking up for those who asked!)

In terms of location, it is directly across the street from Knotts Berry Farm and only ten minutes drive from Disneyland. However, if I had it to do over I would have in a cleaner place without all that smoking.

2  Thank oregonfamilytravel
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Oregonfamilytravel,

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services our hotel prides itself on. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customers experience.

I have addressed these issues you mentioned with our housekeeping and kitchen managers and these concerns will be taken care of. Thank you again for your feedback as this is the only way we can insure our customer service levels are where they should be. We do hope you will consider staying with us again.