“reasonable rates and clean”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very reasonable rates and clean. Did have some issues, but staff was accommodating in trying to fix. Heaters do not warm up that much so if you like a warmer room may not find it hear. Breakfast was pretty good, lots to choose from.

Room Tip: Very clean, two room suites like an Embassy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Hi California Girl,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We realize you have a choice of hotels when visiting the Buena Park area, and appreciate that you choose the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park.

I am sorry to hear that the heater did not warm your suite up to your comfort level. If you could send me a quick e-mail with the room number of the suite that you stayed in, I will make sure that maintenance checks it out to make sure that the heater is working properly (dennis@radissonsuitesbp.com).

I am also sorry to hear that you had some other issues but I am glad that they were taken care of for you.

Warm regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We are planning a trip to Disneyland in November. I have been scouring the travel sites like crazy to find the perfect place for my famiy to stay. I felt like I found it last night, when I came across the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park. Today, I kept scouring, then decided to check out the reviews of a couple of places that we were considering...and, were disappointed by the reviews so decided to trudge on with our search.
After reading the reviews for Radisson, I decided that this sounds like the perfect home away from home for our 9 day vacation. I will be making my reservations very shortly to confirm my wish to stay here....I do want to say though...is that the deciding factor in our wanting to stay at the Radisson was that I appreciated the thoughtful responses by Dennis Banks, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park, to other reviews. It tells me that the staff TRULY care about their guests comfort....see you in November!!!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ally_2409
dosradissonsuitesbp, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Hi Ally_2409,

We appreciate your deciding to make us your choice in Buena Park accommodations while visiting the U.S. for your upcoming trip to Buena Park/Orange County and Disneyland in November.

We are be proud to be your home away from home during your 9 day vacation to the states. If you need any suggestions on things to do during your visit with your family, please do not hesitate to contact me (dennis@radissonsuitesbp.com) since I do like to show off my knowledge of the local area.

Thank you for your great comments and I can tell you that all of our staff members do truly care about our guests comfort. We look forward to your visit and please do not hesitate to ask the front desk agent to call me to the desk so I can meet you when you and your family check in.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Consider this hotel! We spent that day at Knott's and checked in. The staff was very friendly and the grounds were beautiful. The rooms were spotless and all five of us had plenty of room to sleep. The full breakfast buffet with the room was wonderful. The price you may pay extra for, makes up for it if you are taveling with kids and breakfast is included with the room. There is also a cute giftshop onsite that lets you purchase all kinds of CA items without running all over the place to more shops. If you are not from CA, and traveling with kids, have them check out the huge avocado trees in the courtyard!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear CO1470,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel to other travelers. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great stay! I personally feel that we are in a great location for families traveling to Orange County to visit the local amusement parks and surrounding area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your ratings and compliments on our customer service, the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms and our beautiful grounds (I mentioned previously that our courtyard reminds me of the Caribbean).

It truly is our pleasure to assist our guests in any way we can. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Buena Park/Orange County area!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights, got a steal of a deal on Priceline, couldn't believe our luck!! Bedroom is separated from Living room by a real door!. Beautiful furnishings and bathroom fixtures with marble etc. Very clean!! Didn't figure out the Sleep number beds till the day we checked out. Staff went out of their way to be helpful, the shuttle runs twice in AM and Pm, we missed the shuttle to the Mall but they took us anyways!! At check in the lady showed me a map and let me pick my own room, on 4th floor, nice and quiet. The Made to Order omelets were the greatest, kudos to the man making them, he is the hardest worker there!! On the right of the Hotel is the Medieval Times, to the left is Torch, a bit spendy but quite interesting, my teen loved it! I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is quiet
1  Thank LErbb

Hello Lerbb,

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed our hotel! Thank you for your detailed compliments and for sharing your experience with other travelers. It was our pleasure to meet your expectations and we can't wait to do it again on your next visit!

If you contact me (dennis@radissonsuitesbp.com) and let me know the dates of your stay, I will make sure that the cook who made your omletes know that you gave him a pat on the back.

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

This med style family hotel has a fine breakfast, shuttles to the theme parks and great, clean property and suite style acommodations w/ 2 lcd monitors. I travel professionally to Intercontinentals, Fairmonts and JW Marriotts properties and while it may not be that grade of hotel, it is always clean and polished, provides a breakfast with omlettes that are made to order and has a smiling and friendly staff. This hotel is obviously run by someone who cares about hospitality and it shows. We accidentally checked into a competing property nearby the L# Q$%nt! and checked out straight away to return here and ask for accomodation. You will find nothing like it in this price range

Hello Plove999,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park and the kind review that you gave us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed not only our amenities, but also our suites, our convenient location to nearby attractions and our clean property.

Another great feature of our property is our cook to order Full American Buffet and I am glad that our friendly staff welcomed you and your family members with a smile.

Another feature, which I am glad that you took advantage of, is our free shuttle (aside from saving parking $ at Disney) - avoiding the long, long lines at the parking structure and the tram to actually get into the park! We love making vacations enjoyable, affordable and easy.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at that other hotel but it seems that everything turned out for the better for you and your family and we were happy to have you be our guests.

From our GM, housekeepers, maintenance, sales and front desk staff, I can assure you that we all care about our hospitality and we are glad that it shows.

Looking forward to your next visit to the Buena Park/Anaheim area.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel is situated in a busy area near to Disney Parks, family friendly restaurants and other holiday attractions in LA area. It is a very attractive hotel with a lovely courtyard swimming pool surrounded by palms and shrubs with a water feature and paved areas for sitting by the pool. The pool is overlooked by the suites but it does not feel exposed. The staff are very courteous and helpful and the hotel and suite was very clean and to a good standard. There was a free shuttle that you could book to and from Disneyland without any problems and the reception staff were able to help book other excursions from the hotel (eg Grand Tour of LA and Hollywood) or suggest other options. The biggest disappointment was that the restaurant in the hotel was so below the standard set by the rest of the hotel. It was dingy and shabby and more like a restaurant of an institution with an ugly type of lounge/saloon style bar behind it. We had a quick lunch there on our arrival but we did not feel compelled to have lunch or dinner there if we could avoid it as the food was mediocre pub style food. The staff were super, however. Breakfast was complimentary but was very limited and served on plastic plates with use of polystyrene cups, bowls and plastic knives and forks mixed with steel knives and forks. Coffee and juices were from vending machines, so the coffee was very weak and tasteless. The restaurant really let the hotel down but it is situated among many other restaurants and it is definitely worth a visit to the restaurant next door called Torch. Fabulously funky, top class asian food with wickedly good cocktails and great staff. I would recommend this hotel as a good family base for visiting Disneyland but don't expect too much.

Hello Theoswife,

We are pleased that you felt out hotel was attractive and thought that our courtyard was very lovely (I personally feel that it gives one the feeling of being in the Caribbean), that our staff was courteous (we love to let them know when our guests compliment them) and helpful in giving assistance in booking your excursions, that your suite was clean and met your standards.

However, I am concerned about some of the service issues you experienced during your stay in regards to our restaurant. You traveled a long way from New Jersey to relax and enjoy a very special vacation with your family here with us and you didn't enjoy our restaurant. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations….. which is certainly always our goal.

I am not sure why breakfast was served to you on plastic plates, cups, knives and forks as that is not our policy. I would appreciate it if you would contact me at dennis@radissonsuitesbp.com with the dates of your stay (or just let me know the name your reservation was booked under) so I can follow up with the restaurant manager as to what happened on that day and as to why plastic was used.

Let me assure you that we will use your feedback to help us to improve the restaurant and hope that on your next visit to Buena Park, you will give us another chance to prove that we can do better.

Thank you for recommending our hotel as a good family base when visiting Disneyland but we do want our guests to expect more from us and we do strive to meet all expectations.

Again, thank you for your review and we will do better in our restaurant and hotel.

Director of Sales

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family of four stayed for 8 nights in early August 2011. It was great!
We checked in at 10:30pm and were worried that we weren't going to get a smoke-free room, but we were lucky our request was granted! Fast check-in, friendly staff, clean and spacious room!

Our suite had double beds, mini fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, sofa sleeper, 2 flat screen tvs, hair dryer, and a safe. Everything in our suite was great. The only thing that we felt was missing were towel hooks in the bathroom. There weren't any. We had to hang our towels from the vanity mirror near the door.

Free breakfast was great. The restaurant staff was wonderful and we left a tip each day.

We didn't get to go to the free happy hour in the evenings nor did we get a chance to use the pool and Jacuzzi. We were out and about during those times.
We also didn't use the free shuttles to Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm's Soak City since the shuttle times didn't work for our schedule. We had a car and drove. Disneyland is only a 10 minute drive away, and Soak city is just down the street.

Plenty of free parking. Good neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. For those of us from Chicago, there is a Portillos on La Palma Ave!

Everything about the Radisson Suites in Buena Park was wonderful. We would not hesitate to stay here again. We got a great deal through P-L's "name your own price" option and were lucky to have been given the Radisson Suites!

Other places we visited: San Diego Zoo, Newport Beach, Balboa Pier...Please message me with any questions.

2  Thank manafan

Dear Manafan,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park to be a part of your family vacation to Buena Park, California. We thank you very much for such flattering compliments on our accommodations, customer service and location.

Next time please do take a little time out to enjoy our managers reception (happy hour), the pool and jacuzzi but since it seems that you and your family were busy with excursions to Disneyland, Soak City, San Diego Zoo, Newport Beach and the Balboa Pier, I can understand your not having the time to do so.

I will let my GM know about the towel hook problem and maybe we can have those added to the bathrooms.

It was our sincere pleasure to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during your vacation. Again, thank you for your patronage as we know that you had plenty of hotel choices in Buena Park that you could have chosen and you selected us. We look forward to the next opportunity of delivering a memorable experience for you and your family.

Director of Sales