“Good times”
Review of Farrell's

Farrell's
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Buena Park
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We went to have lunch It wasn’t too busy we got seated right away it’s really nice inside I love how they have like the little candy shop where you can buy things. The server was very nice we ordered ice cream first a banana split before we even got our order in we also had some fried pickles that we’re OK and then we ordered hamburgers which were good the portions are big I did order also a cream soda and I thought that they were going to have more flavors so when she told me that they only had orange or Regular cola I was disappointed but all in all the food was good and the service was good my favorite part was the candy shop though.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Jjmoney80

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The staff make this place better. The food is good and the ice cream is better! The perfect place to celebrate milestones, birthdays, special days...

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank nabundes
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Although the logo in the picture looks like the old Farrell's logo it actually has a newer logo. Back around 2000 Farrell's had a resurgence in Southern California. Then things changed in 2010 when they got new owners and closed a variety places. This is one of the survivors.
The food is mostly burgers and sandwiches with a few healthier options. Last time I had a club sandwich and that was good. But what you come here is for the ice cream.
They still have the Zoo for parties and the Pig Trough (double banana split) if you are hungry but it is mostly sundaes now. But there is an improvement. You can build your own sundae. Have a waffle cone, add some ice cream and add on candy toppings, nuts, whipped cream, whatever. It still has some of the Farrell's zaniness and is great for birthdays. And this location has a huge candy store that also sells other interesting items (old time lunch boxes, puppets, toys, games, etc.).
You can go other places and get better food. But there aren't many ice cream parlours out there where you can have some food and some fun.
Whenever I am in the area I always try to stop by.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Jim_Wito
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

So tonight at about 8.15 we visited this place to enjoy the wonders of your magnificent iced treats however this was not to be.

The place was very busy which is always a good sign however when we waited at the podium we were greeted by what is best described as a rather harassed looking employee who told us it would be 30 mins for a table. She asked if we wanted just ice creams at which we replied yes so she pointed us to a different area and said we could sit at the bar which we said was ok.

We went to the area and saw a lady counting money who then told us that she did take out only and sent us back to the podium.

We saw a different person who said it would be half an hour but I told her that we were being passed between pillar and post.

By this time the original server had arrived and between them could not fathom out what to do.

For the love of god this is an ice cream!!!!!!!!!!

Their pathetic blank expressions said it all!!

Note to the Manager........please please train these ladies, please install a modicum of customer service and please train them to use their brain and to understand how to delight customers not to look blankly at them like they either don’t care or can’t be bothered.

Ice cream from the gas station is not a way to finish your night whilst on vacation!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 745justinej
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Of course the ice cream is the star of the show, but the food was also really good. I got the grilled cheese soup shots and they we're to die for. Fun family atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2018