“It was a good time!”

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I wasn't a fan of the long wait before the show (surrounded by overpriced goodies) but it was a great opportunity to get some good pictures in. For some odd reason their card machines kept declining our cards, which was embarrassing and annoying (maybe it's because our cards are from a different state?). The pre-show was cute but worth skipping, unless you want your child to be knighted for their birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed screaming my head off and watching the cheesy sword fights. I did NOT enjoy the freezing temperature in the stadium (I live in South Dakota, where we get snow taller than my 5'4 frame). I did not like getting a soup as an appetizer and a soup as a meal (vegetarian options), so I'd like to see maybe pasta or something.

Final note: Bring cash, sweaters, and a megaphone

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"show starts"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2017

It was a really entertaining show - a little longer than I expected, but still fun. The food was good, the basic chicken fare. They do offer a vegetarian option if you prefer. There are things to buy everywhere, pricey, but I bought a goblet with no regrets. Expect to be eating during the show - very well organized.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I've been twice and once is enough, even though the first visit was 18 years ago. It was good but not as great as I remember, maybe because it's more suited for kids or for adults who don't know what to expect. My partner loved it.

The show and acts were good, the actors interact well with the audience. The horses looked in good condition. The riders wore boots with 3 inch spurs which I thought to be cruel, surely they can wear boots without them. I know I wouldn't want to be jabbed in the ribs for 2 hours.

The waiting staff were great! Food was nice. For vegetarian you just tell them when you arrive. I got so much, couldn't eat it all. Soup, garlic bread, veges with hummus, corn cob, potato, bean vege stew with rice, lemon loaf for desert.

MedievalTimesCA, Manager at Medieval Times Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your recent visit to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament! We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience.

We will share your concerns with our management team in hopes of improving the experience for our future guests.

Please email me directly at jessenia.rivera@medivaltimes.com or give me a call at 714-523-1100x2220 if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We have been to Medieval Times on several occasions and we have a great time EVERY time!! From the courteous wenches (servers), to their animated host MC, and their performers come together to make your experience top notch. I highly recommend this to anyone who is considering going.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Medieval Times has great potential, yet fails to deliver.

We planned a birthday party and wanted something special besides dinner, cake, and presents. Dinner and a themed event sounded like just the thing.

Arrival is early, before the show starts to give the guests time to enjoy the bars, and shopping. While enjoying these areas, there is some semblance of entertainment with the King, Chamberlain and Princess. They may crown a young child celebrating their birthday. The sound system is poor, so it can be difficult to hear, while a few hundred people are stacking in to the bar or gift areas.

Each group is wearing a crown with the corresponding colors to their knight, and are seated accordingly. Once inside you are placed at a long table with theater seats, in front of you will be a plate, bowl, and plastic mug.

Your server will come by and provide you with a meager portion of vegetable soup, aka Dragon Soup, half of a roasted chicken, and eventually a small well done corn on the cob and something that at one time may have been a potato. To drink, you are enticed with Water, iced tea or Pepsi. You may find coffee served before the amazing desert, which is a slice of pound cake. Overall the food is dry, fairly bland and generally unappetizing.

There will of course be people by to take your bar orders. This could make up for the unimpressive food selections, depending on how far you are seated from the bar. The closer you are, the faster the drinks come out.

As for the entertainment, they have an impressive array of horses, a nice falcon that flies around, and the knights that will play at fighting. Their choreography is weak, with lots of gaps, and almost as unimpressive as the food.

Near the end of the show you are wondering why you are being asked for the 100th time to yell and scream to support your knight, when he was kind of like the chicken = bland and overdone.

If you are really looking for a Dinner Adventure - Try the Pirates next door. Better show, better food, better service, and dare I say better value.

MedievalTimesCA, Manager at Medieval Times Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Hello Explorer238,

Thank you for your recent visit to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your experience.

Please trust that we have shared your comments with the appropriate department management teams, in hopes of improving the experience for our future guests.