“Fun!”

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A fun dinner and show for the whole family! Make reservations, they sell out fast. The bar is s bit pricey.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was our first time going to this venue . I went with my husband and 5 year old daughter. They had a blast! Food was delicious however i didnt like my server/waiter service. He was nice to try to help out a family that was missing a seat however we sat and waited and watched as all the other areas were being served their drinks and food while he was too busy trying to take care of the situation. They should have a back up waiter incase the 1st one has to step out. So our meal had a late start other than that loved the show!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Castle in Buena Park. There was an abundance of food served and two rounds of beverages. Staff treat guest by addressing them as "my Lord" or "my Lady" which made everyone feel welcome. If you are their for the dinner and show only, I recommend arriving 20-30 minutes before seating. Otherwise, there is time spent taking photos to be purchased, alcoholic drinks to consume and become rowdy and souvenirs to be bought. The last shows on Friday and Saturday night is when the guest become the most boisterous. Nevertheless, the knights in your seated section are awesome and are very athletic. In addition, it is an actual show with a story line for guest to follow and be interactive. I do recommend at least once to upgrade your tickets to sit in the front row (King's) or in the 2nd or 3rd row (Royalty Upgrade). This a great place for families to dine after a day at Disneyland or Knott's. Cheers!

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We came here after spending the day at Knott's Berry Farm. It was highly entertaining- loved being called a lady by my servant boy! My daughters really got into it too and were even booing the other knights. The food served was a lot. I felt gluttonous but perhaps that's all apart of the ambiance the franchise is creating. Our knight threw a rose for my 6 year old who wouldn't stop smiling after that! Thank you for a great experience.