“Good show, decent food”

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A bit on the cheesy side but it's a great family show. The food is decent but our service was great.

1  Thank N O
"fun experience"
"super fun"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was something I had wanted to do for over twenty years. We would bring our children to Knots Berry/ Disney now it's my turn. I loved it, every bit of it. The only problem I had, I paid extra to sit up close not knowing there was proxy glass in front for protection which would glare my pictures, so I asked if I could move back a row. The manager was excellent. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Dynetta J
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

So much more than I expected. I went with my husband and we both thoroughly enjoyed the night. I thought the alcohol was a little expensive and the meal (as you would expect) not overwhelming, but the show, staff and atmosphere was a really memorable experience.

1  Thank Vicki R
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Be sure and look for online discounts. This show is very entertaining. Get there early to get inline, recommend the 6:30 show for dinner.

Show starts promptly at 6:30 with the doors open at 5:15 to browse the store and two full bars. 4-5 good beers on tap with more than a few speciality adult drinks.

Well worth the stop and a lot of fun for the whole family!

1  Thank Thexprt7
See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've been to Medieval Times before, and always enjoy the show.

The show tries to have a thrilling storyline that involves exciting horsemanship and staged battles between the knights. Each time we've been here, the plot is different and sometimes it's hard to follow - this time we had no idea who was who - but the horses are beautiful and the riders demonstrate many skills that are enjoyable for all ages.

The food served for dinner is nothing exceptional, but you'll remember eating with your hands. We find it helpful to bring extra napkins!

1  Thank TouristeSeattle