“show and dinner”

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Interesting midevil show with knights and horses with an average dinner. Great for children. Some interaction with entertainers.

There are newer reviews for Medieval Times Buena Park

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visited on May 11, 2013 at the 3:30 p.m. show. We took advantage of the Mother's day special so my ticket was free (but it was still close to $200 for a family of five). We arrived about 30 minutes early and I'm glad we didn't arrive any earlier than that. It looked like they just wanted you there early to buy pictures with the princess and stuff from the gift shop and booze, none of which we wanted (did I mention we'd already spent about $200?).

We were given a colored paper crown (which must be really old because it had printed inside about a new location 'opening in 2006!') - then seated in that color's section. The seating is like movie theater seats, with a narrow feeding trough table in front of you. There is almost NO legroom, that's my complaint about the seating! But all the seats are good, you can see well from everywhere.

The food was served in a timely way - the servers did a great job (ours was Angel, he was great) - the toast and tomato soup were gross (soup tasted watery and greasy at the same time). But the rest of the meal was great. They gave us a half chicken each - even kids get the same gigantic portion - and 1 bbq rib, and 1/2 potato, and lots of refills of drinks (you can only get Pepsi, Sierra Mist, or water). Dessert was an apple turnover, like the ones at Arby's, and we were offered coffee near the end of the show.

The show is the real draw and it did not disappoint. The performers did a great job, the horses were amazing. We loved the falconer! It was a lot of fun.

My only real complaint is there is only (as far as we could tell) ONE bathroom and there were approximately 800 people there. No one likes to get up during the show, both because you'll miss what you're paying for AND because to do so means everyone in your row has to get up to let you out. So after the show there was an enormous line snaking around the hallways to get into the women's room. There were about five or six toilets in there, but still that's not very many for that # of people.

It's very close to Knott's Berry Farm and a similar place but pirate-themed. Also not too far from Disney or other SoCal attractions.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Been here many times, always a great experience!! The kids really enjoy it, never Service is good, and the show is always exciting.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hi, My husband and I planned a trip to Disneyland for our honeymoon on May 6, 2013 and we wanted something to do the night before on the 5th so we decided to visit your establishment, we were both pleasantly surprised. I personally had never had so much fun in my life. I actually enjoyed going to the Medieval times show over going to Disneyland. That was my favorite part about our WHOLE trip. It is something I will always remember and plan on taking another trip in the near future with other family members.
The atmosphere was amazing, I loved the crowd interaction with all the Knights and royal family. The food was great, and the service was excellent, the entertainment was enthralling. Thank you for such a memorable experience!

2  Thank StacyPatrick
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything about the show is awesome, great entertainment. The food was scrumptious, juicy. The server was prompt, very courteous, thank you Arthur. My daughter loved the horses, she's an avid horse lover.