“Fun trip to Medieval Times” 5 of 5 bubbles

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Las Vegas, Nevada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Fun trip to Medieval Times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We took our four year old grand daughter to Medieval Times and she absolutely loved it. The knight for our section acknowledged her with a flower during the show and she was thrilled. We ordered the high end package as we wanted it to be special for her and we weren't disappointed. Had our pictures taken in royal garb and they'll be a keepsake. All in all a wonderful experience for her and for us.

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Bellflower
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Medieval Times is HAUNTED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I took my 4 year old son in December 2012, and I got more than I expected. An Or b with demonic faces in it. Other than that creepy picture, which I attached to this review, we had a great time. My son really enjoyed himself. The food is good. Seating is quite uncomfortable, you are rubbing elbows with the person sitting next to you.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Alma G
Orange, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun night out, great for visitors kids loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We live locally and they had a living social deal going on. We went to the 6:30 show (some nights there is also an 8:30 show) We arrived around 5:20 to check in, walked around saw the horses. We had good seats, 2nd row up. The first row is reserved for the "full experience" ticket holders. I'm cheap so we just stuck with the "cheap seats" You still get the free crown in the color of the knight you will cheer for. When I was young, you got the crown and the little flag, flag is extra these days. You get your pic taken when you walk in, and when you are seated. When they come around to show you the first pic taken (20 bucks comes in hard folder) tell them you want to wait and see the other shot as well to make a decision. 2nd pic is 15 bucks(soft folder) Or both for 30. Glad I waited, the 2nd shot was better and cheaper. Bring cash, as with any resturant, a tip should be left imo. Plenty of food, they will provide a box for left overs. Parking was hairy, back in to your spot so you can cruise right out, everyone wants to get out as fast as they can, and aren't too willing to let ya back out. Had to bully my way out. My 5 year old son had a ton of fun. Loved the show. Discount tix are the way to go. they seem to be running a lot of deals lately.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank ohjen
Stockton, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Tournament Of Champions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My parents were out for a visit and we were looking for something for them to do. While this is generally set up for the younger crowd, my parents had a lot of fun. When we arrived, there was ample parking and we actually parked almost by the front door. We entered and was given our seating assignments which was also the color of the Knight that would be fighting for our area. Our photos were taken with the king of the tournament. It did bother me that he did not say a word to us and acted as if he couldn’t wait to get it all over with. Not even a “Welcome to the kingdom” greeting. Oh well…
We were ask to get there an hour before the dinner show was to begin. That is more than enough time. They offer drinks while you wait. Pretty pricey but what the heck right? You can walk around and look at the horses and buy all kinds of memorabilia. They have things from toy shields and swords to real swords for the adults. Some very nice ones and I’m sure expensive ones. When it was about show time, they ushered us all in by groups in a pretty organized progression. We happened to get front row seats right by the King and his court.
The servers were very cheerful and fast in serving drinks and then the dinner. The half chicken was delicious. You eat like in medieval times with your fingers and the food was plentiful. I give the food a big thumbs up.
The show was excellent, even though our knight was defeated. :-( I give the whole experience a 5. My parents had a great time and that was worth the whole trip. If you haven’t been yet, you need to go.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Warm-Water_Sailor
San Marcos, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great to do once, not sure I'd do it again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The whole experience was expensive, and seemed like we added more and more cost at each turn. We upgraded our tix to the bday package, which put us in the bottom level. We had pictures at the beginning...Very cute. Additional charge if you wanted to try on the outfits. Additional charge for additional pics. Drinks were fun...they have a slushy bar that you can add alcohol to or leave without. Really attracts kids. Especially the cool, shiny mugs.
Food was much better than I thought it would be. Though it was tough getting refills on drinks, etc. I would have liked to have slightly larger portions.
The show was more obviously staged than others I've seen.
Enjoyed it. Would only go back if we went for another special event.

Visited March 2013