“Medieval Times at Buena Park”

Medieval Times Buena Park
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Travel to the 11th Century at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. In SoCal, home to so many theme park and family entertainment destinations, one stands alone for its unique and grand scale entertainment. Where else can you enter a European style castle and be immediately transported to the 11th century? Where else can you dine on a feast fit for a King while cheering your favorite knight to victory as he skillfully jousts and swordfights his mighty opponent while atop a magnificent Andalusian stallion. This extraordinary destination is Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Buena Park. It’s been entertaining guests since 1986. And if you haven’t yet experienced it, now is the time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Medieval Times at Buena Park, Ok for a fun "knight" out but we have done it twice now and once you have done it you have done it, loads of pirates girls and the good guy.
Downside is the food is not that good at all but then again you don't go there for the food.
All in all a good night out what more can you ask.

All reviews
"fun experience"
"super fun"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

One is never too old to have fun at Medieval times...the show was well put together, seating was Ok, I reserved late but seating at the last row gave us a good view of the whole arena. And I get free admission on my Birthday..what more can i ask..

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went for my son's 12th birthday dinner and had such a wonderful time together. We loved the show and the dinner was great food.

1  Thank rose m
Reviewed October 14, 2012

See more reviews
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I probably don't represent the typical target audience for Medieval Times, so keep that in mind when reading this review. I went with a group of 30-somethings ladies for a bachelorette party, as the bride is really into Renaissance fairs, and their wedding is dragon-themed. We went to the 3:30PM show on a Saturday and we had the King's Royalty Package upgrade. The 3:30 show wasn't full and we had no trouble with free parking in the venue's lot, but it looks like it gets packed at the later show.

The front row seats were really good, each group member got a photo included in the package. The food is okay - garlic bread, tomato soup, half a chicken, one rib, 2 large potato wedges, and an apple turnover. The drink selection (water, iced tea, Pepsi, or Diet Pepsi) is limited unless you pay extra for alcohol.

The show is entertaining and it's fun cheering for your knight. I heard from other girls who had been multiple times that a different colored knight wins every time. Having grown up riding, I've seen more impressive equestrian shows (if you're going for the horses, see Cavalia instead). But I was happy to see that the horses looked healthy and well-treated. My sister used to ride in an equine dinner theater in Chicago that was really shady and some of the horses were unfit for riding (the business has since shut down). So if you're into animal welfare, Medieval Times gets my seal of approval.

Tickets are pricey, although I'm sure you can get some good deals online somewhere. And I'm sure this is an amazing experience for kids, especially for their birthdays. As an adult, I'm glad that I went, but I don't feel the need to go back. Also, be forewarned that there aren't nearly enough bathroom stalls to accomodate all the people once the show lets out. If you have kids, I recommend going to the restroom before the show and maybe during the show.

3  Thank Trysta B