“Awewsome!!!”

and up
Knott's Berry Farm General Admission Ticket
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering more than 20 rides with a 1950s Southern California theme, this water adventure park features single-rider high-speed slides, inner-tube slide flumes, a wave pool, lazy river rides and a children’s pool and activity area.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We must have went on a pretty slow day, lines wernt bad at all until late afternoon.Pretty cheap to get in but like others said food and drinks pretty pricey, I forgot my sunscreen and ended up paying $13 for a small tube. But it was very fun I would def go back.

All reviews
"year olds"
"older kids"
"thrill rides"

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We visited SC on a Sunday and decided at the last minute to purchase a cabana. It was the best decision EVER! Although we didnt spend a lot of time in it, it was perfect for us to leave our things without worrying about them, we didnt have to wait in the lines for food purchase, and when we wanted a breather from the slides, we just walked over to the cabana shade and relaxed. You have to get them early though because by 11:30a they were sold out. We purchased it right when the park opened so we had our choice of cabanas. We actually arrived when the park opened at 10a, bought a cabana, then left and came back at 11:30a. You have to tell the parking people this though, because there is no re-entry once you've paid for parking. We told them we were arriving just to buy a cabana and were returning later. They wrote on our paid parking slip that we could re-enter 1 time.

We wanted a cabana that was out of the way since we were leaving our keys, wallets, etc. in it, so we got a cabana in front of the Wave Pool. This area was gated and you had to have a neon yellow wristband to enter into it. We felt comfortable leaving our things and enjoying the park.

Having a cabana also gives you food service, where someone comes to take your food order and payment and delivers the food to you at the cabana. No waiting in lines, so that was handy as well. We did purchase a family pak of food which was pricey -- $56 for a large pizza, 4 cups of fries, and an extremely large thermos jug (souvenir) of whatever drink you wanted with 4 souvenir cups. I normally wouldnt spend that type of money on food, but we were on vacation so we splurged.

The longest lines we waited in was for the Bonzai Falls (2 of the slides were not working) and the Pacific Spin which we went on twice because all four of us as a family could ride it together. About a 30-40 min wait. The other long wait was for the yellow slide, which i will never go on again...it was super fast and super scary. My 10 year old loved it. Other than those rides, everything else was pretty fast.

I forgot to bring water shoes for us so we ended up using our flipflops to walk around the park. We just left them at the bottom of the ride with everyone else's when we went on the rides or we carried them with us down the slides. Everytime I left my shoes at the bottom of the rides, it was there when I came back, so I didnt find that to be a problem, as I've read on here in some other reviews.

Our kids (10, 8) had a great time here. We were here from 11:30a till closing (7pm). We would love to visit SC again.

2  Thank ELD702
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family of four visited Soak City in mid August 2011. It was just an OK water park. Nothing over the top. Prices were about $23 each. We just went for about 3 hours in the middle of the day. Spent time in the wave pool, kiddie area, and lazy river. These areas were nice and we had fun. Plenty of inner tubes for everyone. We didn't go to the bigger slides/rides since we had little ones with us, but the lines seemed a bit long anyway.

The concession stands are expensive! Can't believe we payed $5.50 for a small "icee". We didn't eat lunch there since the food didn't seem appetizing and I'm sure it was going to be expensive anyway. We just ate at Portillos which is down the street.
Please message me with any questions.

2  Thank manafan
Reviewed August 10, 2011

the park is not bad and I have read other reviews stating that the park was unclean.
I didnt find this the case as they must have cleaned their act up.
However and this is a big HOWEVER!
Please be aware of-
15 dollars compulsory parking Fee.
25 dollars locker fee (there is smaller lockers but they are not practicle for a family)
Food is a definate No No as the prices are sky high. (can of Rockstar $5) need I say more.
Please factor the $40 on top of your entry fee as alternate parking is miles away literally.
Also locker is a must as due to the heat you will find it impossible to travel lite enough to avoid it, also you dont want to be constantly bag and valuable watching if you get what i mean.
This in mind the park was fun but really over priced if you get caught out.
We were in and out within 3 hours and with limited shaded areas and our fair english skin we were pushing the boat out at that.
Water rides were fun but 42inch minimum height was a real downer for the kids (1-4-5) all too small and not below average height for their ages!
would be fun for young couples and slightly older kids but beware of the sundries as I say :-)

3  Thank Dean1970Telford
See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2011

On the second day of our trip to So. Cal., we went to Knott's Soak City which is accross the street from Knott's Berry Farm. Way more fun for all of us!

This water park has something for everyone. Huge wave pool, lazy river, play structure with giant water dump bucket, and water slides galore.

Be forewarned that the lines for virtually ALL the water slides are very long, and you'll wait for very long periods of time to ride them. The staff could mitigate this at least a little by incorporating a better system of notification when riders are done with the slide, and by helping riders out of the exit pool immediately. They won't though, so you'll just have to bear it.

Another thing to take note of is that your money will vanish quickly at this park. You pay for parking, pay for admission, pay for lockers, pay for tube rental, and pay for food & drink. Or should I say you'll OVER pay for everything?

At any rate, my nine year old daughter had a great time here, and her mom and I did as well in spite of the money issue. I guess overall it was a better value than Knott's Berry Farm as we spent way more time here than there.

2  Thank ironbar