“Good services - nice free breakfast - bad location”
Review of Best Host Inn

Best Host Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel has very good services and its employees' intention to provide the best serviçes they can is clearly verified. The welcoming basket is a niçe surprise. The breakfast is good, with an American buffett, including yorgut, muffins and croissants. The free parking lot is another feature in a city where all parking lots charge for cars stay. The location is not very good if you want to go out at night, however is good if your intention is to visit Disneyland parks a few miles away.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is Trip Advisors #1 ranked hotel??? Wow. We had 2 families 2 rooms. Our friends stayed in room 208. They had to push s chair against the door to stop it from shuttering when people walked down the hall. We had room 219 (by the stairs and elevator). Bad idea. The safe is mounted in the room by the entrance so you can hit your leg on it when you walk by. (Good place for a safe). Maybe because the door didn't shut and it didn't work. Guess they forgot to put batteries in. Think housekeeping would have mentioned it??? When I made reservations the man said he put us in newly renovated mini suites (hate to see the non renovated non suites.) and the hotel was across the entrance from the south west entrance to Knotts Berry Farm (technically it was but it's a 2 mile walk to the entrance.) My point is this a motel and the great reviews must have came from friends of the owner or coworkers. There is free parking and breakfast!!!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in room #208. Upon arrival we could tell that it was in a safe neighborhood. Its on a busy street. Lots of restaurants around and even a walgreens right across the street. (They don't have any Disneyland souviners in case you're wondering) We were going to Disneyland so we were pleased to find out that they had a free shuttle that takes us to Disneyland plus parking was free. The shuttle runs from 8-9 am and 7-8pm. We took the shuttle the first day, but drove on the second day because we didn't make the shuttle by 9am. They couldn't take us in the shuttle after 9am because they said that their permit only allows them to shuttle between 8-9am. This was fine with us since we were planning to see the world of color that night anyways and we wouldn't be done until at least 9pm. This hotel is about 15 mins away from Disneyland. (and about 3 mins to knott's berry farm) Its very easy to get to Disneyland from here. We just got on the freeway and got off at the Ball rd. exit and that leads you right to the Disneyland parking garage. Parking is $16 and sounds like there's in and out priveleges. When we got to our room we had a little welcome basket waiting on the table, it had a bottle of wine, two bottles of water and some cookies and chips. A nice little touch. The room was a bit on the small side. The room had 2 double beds, a night stand, a table, dresser and a fridge so there was just enough room to walk around and a little corner for our luggage and a little corner in front of the door for the stroller. The room was old and very dated. The bathroom was very small and cramped.The bed and room itself was clean but the carpet was super dirty! I usually walk around bare feet and the carpet felt gross. I let it go, but then noticed at the end of the night that my feet were completely black!!!! So gross! After that I walked around in my flip flops or socks. This is a motel type of building, as in the door to your room is on the outside of the building. You could hear EVERYTHING that was going on outside. The people walking by to get to their rooms, people talking on their phones, people yelling down the corridor to people in other rooms, the sirens, doors closing. You could pretty much hear it all! It probably wouldn't be so bad if they would put some weather stripping around the door! The room had a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The coffee maker was good for us since we have a formula fed 2 month old, I just used the coffee maker to make hot water to put in our thermos. I was able to do this at night before going to bed and in the morning before we left for Disneyland. The refrigerator had a freezer compartment, but the freezer compartment didn't have it's own door so my water bottles and ice packs didn't freeze, so my waters didn't stay cold and the pb&j's didn't stay cold during the day in the park. There was free wifi and continental breakfast. The breakfast was pretty good, they had waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins and juices and hot chocolate as well as coffee and tea. They also had a pool, but we didn't use it. Ice costs $0.25 per bucket. Overall for $50 a night this was a good option for us since we were on a budget. They were doing renovations on some of the rooms so hopefully they'll replace the carpet and put weather stripping around the door. I would stay here again and will definitely be bringing slippers for the whole family to wear in the room!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if you don't like hearing people on top of you walking around
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The main problem--and it was a big one--that we had with this hotel was that our water suddenly stopped working at around 8:50pm or so. This was prime time to get children and everyone else ready for bed, so this caused major problems. I promptly called the front desk and they informed me that the whole complex's water was off and that it would be back on within 20 minutes. What! Umm…okay, I really needed to use the plumbing at this point along with all of my children. I considered walking to a gas station and begging to use their facilities, but it was after 9:00pm at this point and I didn't feel that was a very safe idea.

I went down to talk with the hotel clerk and the only option he offered me (because he informed me that ALL the water was shut off) was his also non-functioning bathroom there in the lobby. I was not about to take advantage of a toilet that would not flush and function properly. Embarrassing. I was feeling pressure to get my children to bed, brush their teeth, use the bathroom etc. and we could not. He told me that it would be an additional 20 minutes. I asked to be called as soon as it was working again and received no phone call. The water was off for almost an hour. I felt like I should not be paying full price for a situation like this. He told me to talk to Travis in the morning who informed me he couldn't do anything and we had to go through Booking.com. I have called them and we are in the process of working out a solution. I hope this is a very unusual situation.

The location is great for Knott's Berry Farms and is only a 1/2 mile walk to the entrance of the park. The breakfast is good with hot eggs, bacon and potatoes and make your own waffles etc.
We were disappointed that the pool was FREEZING and there was no hot tub. Also, bring quarters if you want ice. You have to pay for an ice bucket at the lobby. That was kind of weird. This has the potential to be a descent, inexpensive place to stay while visiting Knotts. The main thing is that they really need to make sure they can maintain consistent water/plumbing for their customers.

Room Tip: Make sure they will be able to provide you with water and plumbing for your family.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Just read some of the other reviews and can relate to their experiences, both good and bad. Seems no one gets the room they reserved. The rooms are older. There were no outlets on the work tale end of the room. The maintenance guy, who seemed to be everywhere at all times, was a plus, brought an extension cord to the room, which was good. He did his best. He even added a security lock to the door when we pointed out that it was missing.
The TV did not have a good selection of channels and the static made those channels that did come in even worse. I thought I could get around that with Netflix for my kids, but the wireless signal was so horrible that I never made a connection. I was told that I would get a room closer to the signal the next day, but no, like the others before me, the hotel won't change your room.
But the icing on the cake was when I noticed the bottom of my daughter's feet one evening after she had been walking around for a little while. They were filthy BLACK. Couldn't have been blacker if she had walked in the tunnels of a coal mine. Mine were the same. Couldn't see how dirty the carpets were because they are a dark blue. The better to hide a dirty carpet, I suppose. And the floor around the toilet had not been cleaned prior to our arrival (or during our stay) as some dark stains (blood maybe?) were obvious on the floor.
They have a good selection of items for breakfast, but make sure to get there before 8:30 as the staff is very slow to restock and that is just before the mad dash of eaters.
Also a plus was the gift basket on arrival. It included a bottle of wine. The kids liked the snacks it included. But some advice: include a corkscrew with the bottle.
All-in-all, lack of internet, lack of electrical outlets, and filth of the carpet/bathroom floor give this hotel a less than minimal experience and I cannot recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd like to recommend a room towards the center (avoiding the main streets to the east and west...
1  Thank Mike89701
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

First of all the free cookies on the front desk do not eat. I saw the the front desk Neil in the back restocking it after touching money and didn't wash his hands. I checked into a remodeled room in which the fridge was dirty with left over beer cans, there were hairs on my bed, toilet was clogged, and no LCD TV. The free breakfast is microwaved pre packaged food that tastes like rubber and I heard yelling up stairs from some dirty man that would leave his door open. Worst stay ever. Never bringing my family here again. Oh and there's no room service. You stay at a cheap hotel you will get a cheap experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A nice hotel. A good place to stay to get away from all the drama in life. Great staff who are very helpful. Nice and quiet and convienient to everything. Food places all around. Not like the fancier hotels but a great place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
#16 of 19 in Buena Park
Baymont Inn & Suites By Wyndham
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center
Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park

Been to Best Host Inn? Share your experiences!